Author Topic: Not Always Thread  (Read 80328 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Not Always Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »
I hope the child grows out of the whole 'only I can like something, no one else is allowed to like what I like' thing. I've heard of children doing it with toys, but not with actual characters in a tv show.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:55 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »
Dear goddess, I'm tired. It took me a while to figure out the Leviathan bit.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2013, 05:45:02 pm »
I actually already posted that, it was what started the Doctor Who discussion :P
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2013, 07:15:22 pm »
Derp! Let this be an example of why one shouldn't threadhop.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2013, 01:06:37 am »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2013, 05:56:39 am »
http://unfiltered.notalwaysright.com/post/61538597048/cafeteria-chile-im-working-as-a-cashier-in-a

Good for the--

*reads last three words*

The fuck?

...I'm kinda hoping that it was due to something unrelated.

...But I don't think it's likely.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2013, 02:59:03 pm »
This happened in Chile? I was gonna say I had that happen to me back in the '90's here in the US, when I lived in Georgia, which is "right to work" state (read; anti-union). If an employer sees that you just existing there has any negative affect on his business, as in a customer complaint, even an egregious asshole bully-ing one, then the right to work state law essentially allows shit like that to happen. It seems like a real post, to me.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2013, 02:59:30 pm »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2013, 05:15:54 pm »
I love that argument.

&

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2013, 03:51:48 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Raymond Dullaghy

• Apprentice
  • God before dogma!
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2013, 05:46:04 pm »
"Were you there?"
Goodness gracious. Even my borderline fundie classmates know better than that. As for me, I didn't even bring up my creationist beliefs unless asked beforehand; I just wrote what they wanted me to write and left it at that.
I'm in science to discover and analyze God's wonderful universe, not gripe about how people don't like God.  I believe the creation/evolution debate is a waste of Christian brains (we have them, believe it or not) that could be better spent on making actual things.

Favorite philosophers (out of the ones I've personally read): Jesus, Solomon, Marcus Aurelius, Immanuel Kant

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2013, 09:48:32 pm »
"Were you there?"
Goodness gracious. Even my borderline fundie classmates know better than that. As for me, I didn't even bring up my creationist beliefs unless asked beforehand; I just wrote what they wanted me to write and left it at that.

The problem is people like Ray Comfort* who tell kids to literally just say "were you there?" until the other person give up in frustration. He said to do this specifically to teachers. This isn't winning an argument, it's sticking your fingers in in your ears and going "lalalalalalalala I can't hear you", which has to be what these kids do their whole lives to be that ignorant. Granted most people I've met are far beyond scientifically illiterate. I know plenty of high schoolers who were almost regular illiterate.

Such willful stupidity makes me want to punch people. There's a reason that newspapers are written on a 6th grade reading level. Mind you in 6th grade I had a reading level of a college student, though the scale didn't go any higher than that. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to comprehend such basic things.

*(I think that's who it was, might have been another prominent YEC.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov