Author Topic: Conspiratards Harrasing Aurora Victims & Relatives  (Read 6937 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Conspiratards Harrasing Aurora Victims & Relatives
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 02:13:14 am »
I hear you loud and clear, Spaceprog. I do wonder what kind of special form of failure it takes to cause people to do crap like this? Is it incredulity, a disbelief that something like this can happen? Or is it that conspiratorial claptrap, a case of people so gullible as to believe everything they see on the internet?

Anonymous must have a field day with failures like Alex Jones.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 04:14:49 am »
It's kinda sad when one has to stop and think for a bit, "Okay, Aurora... which recent shootout/massacre was that?"
Stop and think? I had to Google it.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 04:17:12 am »
Is it just me or are they taking their idiocy from Sandy Hook, magnifying it, and then turning inwards on a previous massacre? There was dumb shit like this back when the Aurora massacre took place but they were never quite so...willing to leave the worst corners of /x/ and /b/ and come after the families. Sandy Hook happened and they all went ape-shit with the "disinfo agent" "its a government coverup" bullcrap.

....That's not to say, you know, that they haven't been bawwwing about government coverups for about 200 years, it just seems that they've never quite harassed the families as viciously.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 07:59:21 am »
I hear you loud and clear, Spaceprog. I do wonder what kind of special form of failure it takes to cause people to do crap like this? Is it incredulity, a disbelief that something like this can happen? Or is it that conspiratorial claptrap, a case of people so gullible as to believe everything they see on the internet?

Anonymous must have a field day with failures like Alex Jones.

Stormwarden, the Fortean Times once pointed out that, within hours of 9/11, the Conspiracy nuts were going wild online, each and every one spouting 'The Truth'.  The fact that pretty much everyone in the world had just seen two planes slam into the twin towers was lost on them, to them it was all missiles fired from near the ground made to look like airplanes, or disguised with lasers.  Or something.

These cretins are the lowest of the low:  They care nothing for hurt that it causes the families of the bereaved, for the innocent victims caught up in these tragedies.  They only want to spout out how they (without, you know, any kind of formal training) are the ones who know the 'The Truth'.  And when they are challenged, their immediate response is that you are part of the cover-up.  It never occurs to them that you might be someone disgusted by their activities.

I encountered one on youtube, of all places, whose claim that 9/11 was an inside job was based upon the fact that he'd seen (or claimed to see:  His video showed nothing) dead bodies at Ground Zero, which later on were all gone - he couldn't (or more likely wouldn't) admit that, in a place like New York, there is every likelihood that the bodies were removed, not only for identification, but also because of simple human decency!

Arseholes the lot of them.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 09:14:24 am »
I though freedom of speech ended when you threatened someone.
But Alex Jones didn't threaten anyone. His listeners did.

That's what I meant.  The people issuing the threats, aren't they breaking the law? 

Jones is just a moronic attention whore.  It's just tragic that people are dumb enough to believe him.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 10:41:03 am »
I though freedom of speech ended when you threatened someone.
But Alex Jones didn't threaten anyone. His listeners did.

That's what I meant.  The people issuing the threats, aren't they breaking the law? 

Jones is just a moronic attention whore.  It's just tragic that people are dumb enough to believe him.
Yeah you can't call people and threaten them, that's illegal.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 08:14:55 pm »
And the feds are going after them.  We just kind of wish Alex Jones would shut up as well.  But he isn't doing anything actually illegal unless he tells someone to go threaten the families.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا