Author Topic: 7th level WTF moments in Oregon  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: 7th level WTF moments in Oregon
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:16:51 pm »
In related news: Trump-fanclub T_D was supporting the GOP in Oregon and posting death threats to Democrat politicians and this was what finally caused Reddit to put their sub in quarantine.

Obviously they didn't delete the sub and ban the people who made death threats. That would have been going too far or something... Still, this crazy story once again escalated into something unexpected.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 09:36:23 pm »
Very Concerned Centrist: BUH BUH BUH BUH THEIR FWEE SPEECH WAAH WAAH WAAH MEAN LIBERALS WAAH!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 05:41:16 pm »
Very Concerned Centrist: BUH BUH BUH BUH THEIR FWEE SPEECH WAAH WAAH WAAH MEAN LIBERALS WAAH!

Unlike you, I'm not gonna defend death threats from anybody. T_D's a massive circlejerk anyway, so it's no great loss.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 04:11:15 am »
Yeah T_D has the muh free speech crying job covered themselves already. They flooded r/legaladvice with threads about being suppressed by evil reddit admins and the mods over there had to go overdrive on the deletions to curb it.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 09:31:04 pm »
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019/06/oregon-senate-republicans-will-return-to-work-on-saturday-leader-says.html

Well, State Senate Republicans ended their walkout... just in time to pass a budget bill (where the Governor was threatening to strip any special appropriations that would go to their districts) and have the regular session adjourn on Saturday.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2019, 04:57:37 pm »

There are tons of videos up on Youtube about this Reddit quarantine that pretty much says this. They think the "ebil left" is censoring them and trying "tryin ta dake our free zpeach!"
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2019, 05:22:40 pm »
"IF THE EEEEEEEVIL SATANIST BABYEATING LEFT WON'T STOP DISRESPECTING r/THE DONALD I WILL UNLEASH VIOLENCE ON THEM!! WITH MY KATANA AND LEET NINJA SKILLS---"

"Harold! Come upstairs and take out the trash! I told you to do that fifteen minutes ago."

"...coming mother."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2019, 05:57:33 pm »

There are tons of videos up on Youtube about this Reddit quarantine that pretty much says this. They think the "ebil left" is censoring them and trying "tryin ta dake our free zpeach!"

I'd agree with them if the subreddit's mods were actively cracking down on the death threats and calls for violence. But AFAIK, they weren't, so...
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2019, 09:11:24 pm »
speaking of reasons why they were quarantined... the Donald had people posting (and upvoting) a post labelled "this must survive" featuring a white family, which is very reminiscent of well, the 14 words. They eren't too happy when this was pointed out by TMoR.
https://www.reddit.com/r/TopMindsOfReddit/comments/c9fp62/top_minds_of_the_donald_on_our_top_post_yesterday/