Author Topic: MPAA admits to bribery  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
MPAA admits to bribery
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:12:27 pm »
Okay, so it's not quite an admission, per say, but they might as well have.
First, MPAA CEO Chris Dodd described the blackouts of Wikipedia, Reddit and others as corporate PR stunts which manipulated and exploited the sites’ users.

“Some technology business interests are resorting to stunts that punish their users or turn them into their corporate pawns,” Dodd said.

Then, a few days later when many lawmakers had already dropped their support for the anti-piracy bills, the MPAA’s comments turned even more grim. Talking to Fox News, the MPAA’s boss threatened to stop contributing to politicians who don’t back legislation designed to protect Hollywood.

“Those who count on quote ‘Hollywood’ for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who’s going to stand up for them when their job is at stake. Don’t ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don’t pay any attention to me when my job is at stake,” Dodd said.
If this doesn't legally count as damning evidence, I don't know what does.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: MPAA admits to bribery
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:02:09 pm »
God, how much of a spoiled fucking child can you be?

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »
Not only that but the founder of Wikipedia - Jimmy Whales is calling for Dodd's head because of that...err I mean to be fired.

According to VentureBeat, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales called for the MPAA to fire Dodd, saying that Dodd's statements undermine the MPAA and make the organization seem corrupt.
source- http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57365338-93/sopa-proponent-dodd-under-attack-by-wikipedias-jimmy-wales/

I think it would be funny and a decent idea for Dodd to get fired.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline GLaDOS

• Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System
  • Bishop
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 03:02:42 pm »
the copyright industry is corrupt: in other news, the pope is catholic.
Space? SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
How are you holding up? Because I'm a POTATO.
Silence will fall.
For fuck's sake, please keep my fucks given levels balanced.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 05:33:48 am »
According to VentureBeat, Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales called for the MPAA to fire Dodd, saying that Dodd's statements undermine the MPAA and make the organization seem corrupt.

Seem?

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 06:01:25 am »
there's a petition up to get Dodd arrested for bribery.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.