Author Topic: Obama actually created jobs?  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Obama actually created jobs?
« on: January 26, 2012, 02:33:17 pm »
I found this on Facebook:

http://www.barackobama.com/jobsrecord?source=20120124_BO_FB&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=bo_fb&utm_campaign=20120124_bo_fb_jobsrecord_ad

According to the page, under Obama, the country actual saw job growth in certain areas.  Since it's a pro-Obama site, I'm not sure how much of it is accurate, but I'm hoping it is, even slightly legit.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: Obama actually created jobs?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »
The US economy has been adding jobs for a while now.  Plus the stimulus created around a million jobs.  Overall the number is still down from what it was before the economic collapse, but the number of jobs is increasing.

Here is a snippet from and NPR peice....

Now, much of the president's speech focused on economic issues, which we're going to talk about next. For example, he offered this summary of job creation in recent years.

OBAMA: In the six months before I took office, we lost nearly four million jobs. And we lost another four million before our policies were in full effect. Those are the facts. But so are these: In the last 22 months, businesses have created more than three million jobs.

(SOUNDBITE OF APPLAUSE)

INSKEEP: NPR's John Ydstie covers economics and was listening to that claim. And, John, the Republicans will say employment has fallen during the president's administration. The president dare suggested that jobs have been created during his administration. Is he correct?

JOHN YDSTIE, BYLINE: Well, more jobs have been lost than were created. But he's actually correct in the way he stated it. He acknowledged that four million jobs have been lost during his administration and...

INSKEEP: In the early months after the...

YDSTIE: Right. And then later on, three million jobs created. But one footnote is that government has lost jobs while the private sector has created three million. And so, the net jobs created since the bottom of the recession is 2,750,000.

INSKEEP: So it's a mixed picture. It depends on when you start counting here and exactly what you count.

YDSTIE: But there's no argument that jobs have been created since the bottom of this recession.

http://www.npr.org/2012/01/25/145826055/fact-checking-state-of-the-union-address
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:45 am »
Thanks for the info.  I was skeptical about the page though hoping it was true.  Once again, unless he royally screws up in the next 9 months, he's got my vote.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:08:59 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I was skeptical about the page though hoping it was true.  Once again, unless he royally screws up in the next 9 months, he's got my vote.

He would have to ROYALLY screw up to be worse than the competition.

As in, he would probably have to do something serious like nuke a country just for kicks.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet