Author Topic: Alpha-Negatrons!  (Read 2803 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Alpha-Negatrons!
« on: March 10, 2014, 03:10:51 am »
Crackpot physics: because understanding things before talking about them is just The Man's way of controlling your thoughts.

So there's this guy named Pal Sahota, who apparently once made some software for pharmacies or something, and based on those qualifications he has created a unified theory of physics!

He doesn't seem to know much about, um, anything that happened in physics since the 19th century, and his understanding of even the Newtonian stuff is shaky, but he certainly didn't let that stop him. And so he came up with alpha-negatrons, the fascinating particle that is everywhere, does everything, and leaves nothing unexplained. Anything in the world is just waves and whirlpools of alpha negatrons, it all works out perfectly, just don't ask to see any math for it, or for that matter any argument for why things work out the way they do. When in doubt, throw more alpha-negatrons at it.

If you ever wanted an example of "A theory that explains everything, explains nothing"...

I wrote a longer thing on the subject detailing just a bit of the physics he gets horrendously wrong, because apparently I have nothing better to do and sleep is for the weak anyway. Unless you have an unhealthy fascination with bad physics, it's probably going to bore you to death
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Alpha-Negatrons!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:14:59 am »
Crackpot physics: because understanding things before talking about them is just The Man's way of controlling your thoughts.

So there's this guy named Pal Sahota, who apparently once made some software for pharmacies or something, and based on those qualifications he has created a unified theory of physics!

He doesn't seem to know much about, um, anything that happened in physics since the 19th century, and his understanding of even the Newtonian stuff is shaky, but he certainly didn't let that stop him. And so he came up with alpha-negatrons, the fascinating particle that is everywhere, does everything, and leaves nothing unexplained. Anything in the world is just waves and whirlpools of alpha negatrons, it all works out perfectly, just don't ask to see any math for it, or for that matter any argument for why things work out the way they do. When in doubt, throw more alpha-negatrons at it.

If you ever wanted an example of "A theory that explains everything, explains nothing"...

I wrote a longer thing on the subject detailing just a bit of the physics he gets horrendously wrong, because apparently I have nothing better to do and sleep is for the weak anyway. Unless you have an unhealthy fascination with bad physics, it's probably going to bore you to death

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 08:23:49 am »
I'm all for legalizing pot, but I don't think hitting the bong is a reliable method of understanding physics and the world.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 08:38:27 am »
I'm all for legalizing pot, but I don't think hitting the bong is a reliable method of understanding physics and the world.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 12:56:19 pm »
Okay, so what I'm getting from that is if I align myself north/south lying on the ground and then stick one thumb up my ass and the other thumb in my mouth, I'll generate an electromagnetic charge and levitate off the ground. To burrow under the ground, I need only reverse polarity by switching thumbs....
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 01:22:00 pm »
Okay, so what I'm getting from that is if I align myself north/south lying on the ground and then stick one thumb up my ass and the other thumb in my mouth, I'll generate an electromagnetic charge and levitate off the ground. To burrow under the ground, I need only reverse polarity by switching thumbs....

Give it a try and post the results.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2014, 02:55:04 pm »
Nah, too busy :P
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 03:19:39 pm »
Business is already on this.  I saw alpha-negatron soup in the supermarket last week.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 04:10:44 pm »
Alpha Negatron sounds like a Transformer.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 03:33:15 am »
Alpha Negatron sounds like a Transformer.

Oh good, I wasn't the only one to think that!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 01:34:48 pm »
Apparently he found my blog:

Quote from: Twitter
Crackpot physics expert @Sigmaleph explains http://bit.ly/1o5KT3e  Further proof @searchasyoutype is a crackpot? http://bit.ly/fhVt8E

Note that @searchasyoutype is his twitter name, because he claims he invented seach-as-you-type and Google stole it from him.

And I'm not sure if he's being sarcastic or he thinks "crackpot" is a compliment.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 02:19:04 pm »
Perhaps you're an expert on crackpot physics?  I dunno, I got nothin, man.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 11:48:17 pm »
It gets better. Now he's accusing me of being paid by Google, presumably to discredit him. The "crackpot physics expert" thing is his way of implying I'm not qualified to call his theory crackpot (because apparently I need a PhD to notice he constantly gets basic physics wrong).
Σא

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 12:24:17 am »
... I could kick this guy's ass in physics when I was in 6th grade.  The last thing anybody needs is a PhD to pwn this moron.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 01:00:34 am »
Alpha-negatron voiced by Patrick Stewart