Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513432 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1965 on: March 05, 2013, 06:04:52 pm »
I didn't mean sandbox.  I meant can you enjoy running through it, killing things over and over, or is it so linear, story-wise and playwise, that one time is it.  I was also asking how it compares to Omega, since if I remember right, you didn't think too highly about it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1966 on: March 05, 2013, 07:09:23 pm »
That's annoying. I got it from GOG too and mine runs fine in compatibility mode.
Are you running Windows 7 64-bit?

Yep. What problems are you having with it?

Basically cutscenes would not play and the cursor would constantly flicker. There may or may not have been gameplay issues, but I didn't actually start a game until I'd fixed the above issues.

Though admittedly, I didn't bother with any compatibility modes. Went straight to slapping TFix onto it.
Art, are you still playing RDR? That's probably my favorite single game of all time (yes, it had a prequel, no, I don't care). Excellent writing and solid gameplay. How are you finding it?
I've slowed down a lot. I'm a tad OCD about doing all the sidequests, and no matter what I do, I can't seem to make heads or tails of the 7th treasure map. Running fruitlessly up and down the map over and over again does tend to make one a bit burned out.

Though I do plan to give it another shot in the very near future.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1967 on: March 05, 2013, 07:35:08 pm »
There still isn't any news on PSO2's release date in America and I'm starting to get worried that they might have decided to cancel it. I mean, if all else fails, it wouldn't be hard to get the Japanese version and a translation program.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1968 on: March 05, 2013, 08:33:00 pm »
And Thief 4 is for the consoles.  I never played any of the previous games, because they're on the computer, but this looks interesting.  Question, is this like Hitman and Dishonored where you're supposed to be stealthy but you can butcher people if you feel like it (referring to previous games)?

The first two?  Technically, on Normal, you can, but it is very, VERY ill-advised.  People scream when they die, and leave lots of blood that you've got to expend non-renewable gear to clean up, lest somebody see it and raise the alarm.  That, and Garrett really is not built for toe-to-toe combat.  He's a thief, not a hitman.  Hell, on any difficulty over Normal, the game will outright fail you for killing civilians, on Hard, or anyone on Expert.

This said, that article gave me a boner that would make all gods, even the Aesir, weep from its majesty and enormity.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1969 on: March 05, 2013, 11:26:23 pm »
I didn't mean sandbox.  I meant can you enjoy running through it, killing things over and over, or is it so linear, story-wise and playwise, that one time is it.  I was also asking how it compares to Omega, since if I remember right, you didn't think too highly about it.

I liked Omega fine. What I didn't like was how it could have been more.

And I really have no idea what you're looking for, honestly. All I can say is it's just about exactly like Lair of the Shadow Broker was in terms of replayability. The fact that your squad has different dialogue and you can find out more things in further playthrus, etc.,

And, it also helps it took a page out of ME1's DLC with a simulator to where you fight to get points for prizes etc.,

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1970 on: March 05, 2013, 11:34:32 pm »
Completed the first level of Thief. I'm loving the exploration aspect of the levels, but the AI is still a bit stupid. If someone above or below you hears you clomping about, they don't think to go up/downstairs to have a look around before deciding it was just rats. Then of course, there's the fact that they can't see silhouettes. Even if someone is in pitch-black darkness, if the area behind them is well lit, they'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Still, apart from one guy I knocked out, I managed to ghost the entire level on expert difficulty on my first try. Stealth is most definitely my bag.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #1971 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:21 am »
Just went to EB Games today and bagged myself a used copy of Planescape Torment for twenty Australian dollars. ($20.57 in American dollars)

If my computer refuses to play it, I will drop-kick said machine into a large body of water.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1972 on: March 06, 2013, 12:31:23 am »
Hey, you know what's a great game? Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura! You know what game I just found at a garage sale? Fucking Arcanum! You know what's going to happen to my GPA now? Awful things!
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1973 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:11 am »
So I learned today that ARMA 3 has an Alpha that you can buy on Steam...I need Steam Dollars cause I want to Play ARMA 3 even if it's in the Alpha stage.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1974 on: March 06, 2013, 01:01:56 am »
Just went to EB Games today and bagged myself a used copy of Planescape Torment for twenty Australian dollars. ($20.57 in American dollars)

If my computer refuses to play it, I will drop-kick said machine into a large body of water.
You could have got for half that price and modded to work on modern PCs.

See?

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #1975 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:20 am »
You could have got for half that price and modded to work on modern PCs.

See?

*Shrug* I can still return it within seven days for literally any reason for a full refund.

Only problem I'm having is that it won't let me overwrite saves or delete them...so I need to make a new save file every time.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #1976 on: March 06, 2013, 05:20:39 am »

I liked Omega fine. What I didn't like was how it could have been more.

And I really have no idea what you're looking for, honestly. All I can say is it's just about exactly like Lair of the Shadow Broker was in terms of replayability. The fact that your squad has different dialogue and you can find out more things in further playthrus, etc.,

And, it also helps it took a page out of ME1's DLC with a simulator to where you fight to get points for prizes etc.,

Okay cool, I enjoyed LOTSB. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1977 on: March 06, 2013, 06:04:45 am »
Thief 4 has my jibbles excited.

Hey, you know what's a great game? Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura! You know what game I just found at a garage sale? Fucking Arcanum! You know what's going to happen to my GPA now? Awful things!

Lol!
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #1978 on: March 06, 2013, 06:13:44 am »
I just learned in Hitman Blood Money that you can kill people in elevators just by pushing them over when the elevator is moving.  Cue me eliminating nearly half the people in the hotel by killing them in the elevators, and also pushing them over railings and down stairs.  For some reason, that never gets old for me.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1979 on: March 06, 2013, 07:47:52 pm »
I've been playing so much Medieval 2 and empire Total war recently, i even got mods for them.....i fucking love those games.

Also I tried a bit of Planetside 2. I would appreciate more if my computer ran a bit better for it. Because it can stutter so easily.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.