Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517150 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2760 on: July 07, 2013, 01:19:21 pm »
Pretty sure that was the point of SR3. Tho, the game is still rather enjoyable. I'm using the Full Package edition. There is just so much stuff for the game it's ridiculous.

But SR4 is probably going to be better. Romance plus Keith David plus Gat? Yes please.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2761 on: July 07, 2013, 01:20:34 pm »
Honestly, strange as this may sound, I played the FUCK out of GTA 3, and bits of GTA 4... but firing up SR3? It... I just can't get into it.  It's almost too silly.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #2762 on: July 07, 2013, 01:21:46 pm »
Pretty sure that was the point of SR3. Tho, the game is still rather enjoyable. I'm using the Full Package edition. There is just so much stuff for the game it's ridiculous.

But SR4 is probably going to be better. Romance plus Keith David plus Gat? Yes please.
What, no comment on Eliza Dushku returning? And, yeah, I got the collectors edition on release. Kinda pissed that I get the game day one, midnight release, and I get shafted.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2763 on: July 07, 2013, 01:45:33 pm »

What, no comment on Eliza Dushku returning? And, yeah, I got the collectors edition on release. Kinda pissed that I get the game day one, midnight release, and I get shafted.

There's a difference between the collector's edition and the full package, tho... Hence me specifying.

Why do you assume I'd have a comment about Dushku? I'm not a big fan of Eliza Dushku. She's all right. Her voice acting isn't as recognizable as others. And Shaundi's there regardless. And I'm not excited about her voice acting like I am Keith David's. :/

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2764 on: July 07, 2013, 01:49:47 pm »

There's a difference between the collector's edition and the full package, tho... Hence me specifying.

Why do you assume I'd have a comment about Dushku? I'm not a big fan of Eliza Dushku. She's all right. Her voice acting isn't as recognizable as others. And Shaundi's there regardless. And I'm not excited about her voice acting like I am Keith David's. :/
I know the difference. I'm pissed about the difference, lol. Payed more for less content, and most of the DLC was on-disk. As for Dushku, just a bit of a fanboy (love her as Faith on BTVS and Echo on Dollhouse, mainly).
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2765 on: July 07, 2013, 02:05:39 pm »
 It happens all the time. You take the chance all the time with buying a game within months of release.*shrugs* Either way, I'm really hoping same-sex romance is available in SR4.

And... okay. I guess.

&

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
« Reply #2766 on: July 07, 2013, 10:19:21 pm »
SR3 was shallow, but it was a lot more fun than GTA 4.  GTA 4 was just boring.  The only memorable mission was the bank robbery.  Aside from that, I barely remember anything that happened.  SR3 was so over the top that it was just a blast to play.  I wish they would have tightened it up a little and had deepened the gameplay.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2767 on: July 07, 2013, 10:26:42 pm »
Eh I liked GTA 4 mostly The Lost and Dammed and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2768 on: July 07, 2013, 10:30:49 pm »
Ar4 can still be good I am biased since I never played 2 (PC user)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2769 on: July 08, 2013, 04:06:22 am »
SR3 was shallow, but it was a lot more fun than GTA 4.  GTA 4 was just boring.  The only memorable mission was the bank robbery.  Aside from that, I barely remember anything that happened.  SR3 was so over the top that it was just a blast to play.  I wish they would have tightened it up a little and had deepened the gameplay.
Agreed. Also, I wish the clothing worked like it did in SR2.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2770 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:07 am »
GTA 4 not only took itself way too seriously, but also did a horrible job of telling its story. It's a shame this is still such an alien concept for developers, but when one of the most important things is that the story should never be contradicted by the gameplay. It's all well and good for Niko to lament having to lick the local small time crime boss's boots just to survive another night, but it's a tad hard to take seriously when he can spend several in-game weeks doing nothing but running over old ladies, pushing police officers down stairs and baiting the cops into city-wide car chases purely for shits 'n' giggles.

Distind

« Reply #2771 on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:04 am »
Boyfriend made me play this mmo called tera.

Its like a korean pedophiles wet dream.
Why?

This should answer that. I had to look, now I have to share.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2772 on: July 08, 2013, 06:47:26 am »
Eh I liked GTA 4 mostly The Lost and Dammed and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

I'm pretty sure the DLC are actually considered separate from GTA 4 simply because you can play them standalone.

&

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2773 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:19 am »
Well i adored gta 4. My only problem was that theres close to nothing to do outside of the main missions. I also hated SR3. It was just....too silly for me to take as a genuine game.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #2774 on: July 08, 2013, 09:12:07 am »
Well i adored gta 4. My only problem was that theres close to nothing to do outside of the main missions. I also hated SR3. It was just....too silly for me to take as a genuine game.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI</a>