Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513971 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3345 on: September 10, 2013, 10:08:31 am »
I know I've played skyrim too much when I see purple flowers by the road and think, "ooh, lavender, I need those for my potions!"

My wife bought me Payday 2 so I can take a break from Skyrim.  The problem is, whenever I walk through the mall, I want to start destroying things, especially anything made of glass.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3346 on: September 10, 2013, 02:32:52 pm »
I know I've played skyrim too much when I see purple flowers by the road and think, "ooh, lavender, I need those for my potions!"

You too!? XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3347 on: September 10, 2013, 04:23:50 pm »
Finished Bioshock (the first one. Was on sale on the Mac App Store due to Infinite coming out). Wow. Final boss was... disappointing (just run and avoid him. Meh.), but the ending (i freed the little sisters) was powerful as hell. Wow

"Would you kindly...."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3348 on: September 13, 2013, 12:24:15 am »
Finished Outlast. Jesus christ that was amazing. So much gore, very scary. Now I want to play the new Amnesia game, buuut, I hear its pretty lame.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3349 on: September 13, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »
Someone trolled the Minecraft server I'm on and blew up most of our shit, including the most precious things of all, our ME storage drives.  Which held ALL our resources.  Praise the sun for automated backups, no?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3350 on: September 13, 2013, 05:16:35 pm »
...This is probably going to sound bad, but...

Was it Team Avo?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3351 on: September 13, 2013, 07:23:05 pm »

Was it Team Avo?

As far as our admins can tell, it was only a single person responsible for it.  As for any affiliations they might have, that is currently unknown...doesn't really matter, anyway, since they've been banned.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3352 on: September 13, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »
I got the "No One Left Behind" achievement in Mass Effect 2. Victory has never been so sweet.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3353 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:23 pm »

Was it Team Avo?

As far as our admins can tell, it was only a single person responsible for it.  As for any affiliations they might have, that is currently unknown...doesn't really matter, anyway, since they've been banned.

I'm kinda relieved that it wasn't Team AVO.

It means I don't have to worry about seeing a video pop up with them trolling your server and me feeling guilty about it.

... Yes, I am a bad person for enjoying their videos.  It's just incredibly cathartic for some reason.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3354 on: September 14, 2013, 08:35:44 am »

Was it Team Avo?

It means I don't have to worry about seeing a video pop up with them trolling your server and me feeling guilty about it.

... Yes, I am a bad person for enjoying their videos.  It's just incredibly cathartic for some reason.

Weren't they the ones that nuked that Christian server a while back?  The server that encouraged its members to steal from their girlfriends' or wives' purses to continue donating?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3355 on: September 14, 2013, 08:47:02 am »
Their most recent video is absolutely hysterical. Gotta love those guys.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3356 on: September 14, 2013, 02:07:08 pm »

Was it Team Avo?

Weren't they the ones that nuked that Christian server a while back?  The server that encouraged its members to steal from their girlfriends' or wives' purses to continue donating?

Yes.

And most recently they somehow managed to abduct a member in this one Hunger Games server (one known for hitting on underage girls or men disguised as underage girls) and tricked him into embarrassing himself because he thought he was performing for hot women.  A normal griefer wouldn't be that clever XD

That being said, I wish I could say that it's because they only target people who deserve griefing that I enjoy them so much.  But no, that's just an excuse.  I like them because wacky hijinks, working around anti-griefing measures, and the struggle between them and the admins.  It's like cheering for Woody Woodpecker, or Bugs Bunny, or Screwy Squirrel, really.

They also taught me that putting a sign in front of your house saying "DO NOT GRIEF MY HOUSE" is basically saying "GRIEF MY HOUSE, I WILL RAGE SPECTACULARLY."

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #3357 on: September 14, 2013, 11:04:26 pm »
They also taught me that putting a sign in front of your house saying "DO NOT GRIEF MY HOUSE" is basically saying "GRIEF MY HOUSE, I WILL RAGE SPECTACULARLY."
That is what griefers and trolls call "asking of it."
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3358 on: September 15, 2013, 12:21:12 am »
I don't like griefing. I guess it's just that I've been bullied enough to know how it feels, so even in video games where no physical harm is done I have no respect for anyone who bullies others.

In fact I don't even understand how someone could enjoy tormenting others so throroughly. Seriously, so far I haven't been victimized by griefers much but they seemed to be using putting a lot of energy and time into just bullying others and I really can't comprehend how it could be so fun to them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3359 on: September 15, 2013, 12:28:20 am »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.