Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514388 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3660 on: November 13, 2013, 08:54:52 am »
I personally enjoyed just fucking around with people after I beat the game.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3661 on: November 13, 2013, 09:11:09 am »
I never finished it - the lockup bugs killed my savegames so many time I ragequit about halfway through and never went back :(

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3662 on: November 13, 2013, 10:20:12 am »
I quite liked the original AC when it was the only one around.  The tutorials were irritating as fuck because I got the controls down-packed in minutes...because I actually bothered to look them up in the manual beforehand.  I just enjoyed killing crusaders because they're dickheads.

That said, I found AC2 to be much more fun, if only because I love a good roaring rampage of revenge.  Kinda like The Darkness, actually.  Only less terrifyingly gory and with less daemonic possession of the protagonist.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3663 on: November 13, 2013, 10:22:11 am »
I'm currently downloading the Bioshock Infinite DLC Burial at Sea.

Can't wait to play it.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3664 on: November 13, 2013, 10:40:48 am »
Guys. Guysguysguys. Stanley Parable. I think the broom closet ending is the best ending...

On a more serious note, I decided to pick up BioShock Infinite again since I realized I never actually finished it and promptly got stuck. I trust you'll know what I mean when I say "that goddamn airship bit". Is there like, a trick to it, or do I just suck that much?

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3665 on: November 13, 2013, 11:41:51 am »
Which airship?

Ironbite-there's a lot of 'em.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3666 on: November 13, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »
Guys. Guysguysguys. Stanley Parable. I think the broom closet ending is the best ending...

On a more serious note, I decided to pick up BioShock Infinite again since I realized I never actually finished it and promptly got stuck. I trust you'll know what I mean when I say "that goddamn airship bit". Is there like, a trick to it, or do I just suck that much?

Man it's been so long since I did that one but yeah it's kind of a trick to do it. I had to look it up eventually cause I was on the same part for hours.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3667 on: November 13, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »
Will there ever be a better game based on a comic book property than Batman: Arkham Asylum? the answer is no.

I've been trying to activate my copy of the game on Steam ever since GFWL shut down but without success. tech support said wait 5 days and keep trying. that was 3 days ago and still no success. hopefully when I contact them again on Friday they'll at least send a new cd-key or something if it still doesn't work. on the bright side I just found out that Stream gave me Bioshock 2 DLC for free when GFWL shut down.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3668 on: November 13, 2013, 02:54:58 pm »
Will there ever be a better game based on a comic book property than Batman: Arkham Asylum? the answer is no.

I've been trying to activate my copy of the game on Steam ever since GFWL shut down but without success. tech support said wait 5 days and keep trying. that was 3 days ago and still no success. hopefully when I contact them again on Friday they'll at least send a new cd-key or something if it still doesn't work. on the bright side I just found out that Stream gave me Bioshock 2 DLC for free when GFWL shut down.

I'll just leave this here.
Who needs a signature?

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #3669 on: November 13, 2013, 03:34:47 pm »
Talking of Arkham I picked this up the other day... Not that ive had a chance to play it yet...

(literally put it in just to grab the Deathstroke DLC...)

Instead i was playing this today.

Which is amazingwonderful and sometimes frustrating. But, eh, its from Platinum Games, what else would you expect?

(its also completely over the top and crazy)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3670 on: November 13, 2013, 03:42:34 pm »
I really do enjoy Dark Souls, but I don't enjoy how it chugs on this computer...

Bearing in mind this comp, while not a "gaming computer", is still really new.  Like, a few months old, at most.

The only real problem with the chugging is that I can't stay connected to the internet.

I kinda wish there was a "Low Resolution" mod or something so that I could actually make the graphics worse in exchange for performance.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3671 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »
Pro-tip for all new Dark Souls players: when fighting bosses, rolling and dodging their attacks is most of the time more efficient than shield blocking them. especially if you have low stamina or a non-upgraded shield, blocking an attack may drain your stamina outright and you'll probably end up taking damage anyway.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3672 on: November 13, 2013, 04:54:46 pm »
"Framerate not sufficient enough for online play"

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YOU UNDEAD BURG.

That's all I have to say x_x I'm generally passable until I get to the Undead Burg.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3673 on: November 13, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »
Finished the Burial at Sea DLC.

Not sure whether to be mad at the ending or the time it took to finish all total.

&

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3674 on: November 13, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »
I'm just now poking my head into Deus Ex Human Revolution.

... Game is REALLY unforgiving on even normal difficulty.  I'm used to taking more than five or six straight shots before dying horribly.  Not getting offed multiple times in the damn INTRODUCTION.  seems like the game really favors stealth over a gunfight if you can help it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."