Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514169 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3705 on: November 18, 2013, 05:21:48 pm »
I'mma just post this here, because I can.
(video)

Actually, his point about the timeline and Twilight Princess backfires on itself. OOT/MM Link is actually the ancestor of Twilight Princess Link. If OOT/MM had died as a child, he wouldn't have left any descendants and Twilight Princess Link wouldn't exist.
OOT Link died as an adult in one timeline, which lead to the Imprisoning War, which lead to Link to the PAst (which of course, features a Link. So its not really descendent, i guess?)

OOT Link was defeated and lost his part of the Triforce to Ganon, but he couldn't have actually died. If he had, there would be no hero's bloodline and the world would have been flooded like in Wind Waker. Unless there's something in Hyrule Historia that outright states Link died, of course.

Back to the original topic though, the Hero's Shade referred to hidden skills that do not leave "our bloodline" and his last statement was "Go and do not falter, my child!" suggesting that he is in fact TP Link's ancestor.

On the other hand, it is possible that the Links from Twilight Princess, The Wind Waker, and A Link To The Past are descended from Skyward Sword Link but not necessarily OOT Link.

Stupid timeline. :P

(My personal Head Canon regarding OOT Link is that he married Malon and they founded Ordon Ranch together, with Twilight Princess Link being their great-something-grandson.)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3706 on: November 18, 2013, 06:21:20 pm »
I think the whole thing about the hero's bloodline is that, if interrupted, reincarnation ensues (which is what happened to Windwaker Link) and a new hero's bloodline is created.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3707 on: November 18, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »
Also, umm...aren't bloodlines continued typically by reproducing?  Link can die if he managed to fuck and impregnate someone beforehand.  The bloodline, as such, is unbroken and the kid will be the next Link.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3708 on: November 18, 2013, 06:44:32 pm »
Also, umm...aren't bloodlines continued typically by reproducing?  Link can die if he managed to fuck and impregnate someone beforehand.  The bloodline, as such, is unbroken and the kid will be the next Link.

That's possible, too.

Of course, in the Adult Link Timeline (which Windwaker takes place after) Link never had the opportunity.

It would be a hundred years or so (I forget) before a new candidate for the... eh, let's call it the "Hero's Spirit" to be born.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3709 on: November 18, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »
Then again, I also know next to nothing about the Link universe in any appreciable depth, and also have no insight as to the gestational period of your typical Hyrulian elf.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3710 on: November 18, 2013, 07:10:30 pm »
Then again, I also know next to nothing about the Link universe in any appreciable depth, and also have no insight as to the gestational period of your typical Hyrulian elf.

The Link universe is largely subject to personal interpretation, even by Nintendo.  Their "official unofficial timeline" pretty much comes with the big disclaimer that "This timeline is just our interpretation, and is likely to change as we make more games."

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3711 on: November 18, 2013, 09:57:47 pm »

That's possible, too.

Of course, in the Adult Link Timeline (which Windwaker takes place after) Link never had the opportunity.

It would be a hundred years or so (I forget) before a new candidate for the... eh, let's call it the "Hero's Spirit" to be born.
Also, this would invalidate the "Link died in Majora's Mask" hypothesis as he was a child at the time.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3712 on: November 18, 2013, 10:05:34 pm »
I think the official unofficial timeline stated (I have the book but I'm too lazy to look it up) that MM Link grew up, had a kid, went back to the Lost Woods looking for Navi and became Stalfos.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3713 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:45 am »
Not even The Doctor could untangle that twisted web.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3714 on: November 19, 2013, 12:26:00 pm »
I will say the game is related to death but not in the way they say it.  I view it more of link aiding them through the stages of death.  Like if you show the couples mask to the mayor the residents stop being in denial

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3715 on: November 19, 2013, 01:15:23 pm »
I'd actually say that Majora's Mask is about life.

Or rather, not letting petty squabbles, past grudges, or even regret keep you from enjoying life until the end.  (Or in two cases, prevent you from moving on to the afterlife. /spacewhaleaesop)

Grief, pain, sorrow, happiness, longing... these are all a part of life, but we shouldn't let any one of these stop us from living, even in the face of imminent death.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3716 on: November 19, 2013, 01:35:11 pm »
It appears the Survivor2299 thing was an ARG. Fun, but disappointing. :(

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #3717 on: November 19, 2013, 01:44:52 pm »
I got back into EVE Online a couple of weeks ago. I have a new character, and I'm totally enjoying myself.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3718 on: November 19, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »
It appears the Survivor2299 thing was an ARG. Fun, but disappointing. :(

ARG?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3719 on: November 19, 2013, 01:55:20 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!