Author Topic: Ladies...have an abortion in Iowa after you're raped?  (Read 4298 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Ladies...have an abortion in Iowa after you're raped?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07:01 am »
They... they do realize that the USSC has already found such laws to be unconstitutional, don't they? Why the fuck are they wasting time and resources with bills they know for a fact are illegal?

They literally can't think of anything better to do with their time.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
Re: Ladies...have an abortion in Iowa after you're raped?
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:55 am »
Why, why, WHY do they act like "simplifying the issue" for something so complicated and gray is a good thing?!

Also, as much as I know One More Day is despised among Spiderman fans, I still think the girl's rant to Peter Parker sort of sums up pro-lifers like this for me: "You know what you're problem is?  You're selfish!  You're selfish, and you're self-involved and you always put your pain at the center of the universe!  As long as you can go to sleep with a clear conscience, you don't care who else has to pay the price for that good night's sleep!"

And that's what this boils down to.  A lot of the pro-lifers like this (the men) will never have to make the actual sacrifices needed to live by their own morals.  And that's what makes living by them easy; they'll never have to worry about being called upon to sacrifice their bodily integrity or mental health to make sure a fetus can be born.  Yeah, they can argue that men are hurt when a child they want is aborted without their say, and I don't doubt it's painful, but even then, they're still expecting someone else to provide the resources and time needed for something that only they want, and then become confused when the people who'll pay the actual price to make it happen say, "no, we won't be pawns for your whims and morals."  It's easy to declare embryos and fetuses people at conception when you know you'll never have to worry about making any direct sacrifice needed to live by that conviction.

It's not just men in that category too, it's also fundie women who think they'll never have to deal with those issues because only "sluts" get pregnant and only "child haters" don't want the kid.

First off, that was an awesome statement Iosa the Invincible.
Secondly, what is downright disgusting is that all those pro-life fundie women who think only sluts get pregnant and only child haters don't want kids, will drive to another state so they or their kids can get an abortion without their little pro-life cult knowing they did. They are hypocritical assholes.