Author Topic: Ask Sandman  (Read 48187 times)

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
Re: Ask Sandman
« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2012, 02:24:08 am »
I know it was directed at Sandman, but my family's a sept of the Clan Maclaren.
Shouldn't you be an F1 fan then?   ;)

(If Sandman wants to chime in on this, it technically isn't a threadjack)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2012, 03:30:31 am »
If you could play a game with any three people (real or fictional), who would they be and what game would it be?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2012, 04:36:28 am »
Will you join me in valiant battle to take Mt.Kilamijaro from the forces of evil. (Feel free to ignore this if you didn't find this funny.)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2012, 04:58:09 am »
If I had to bet on a team to win the Superbowl this year, who should I put my money on?

Offline Jedi Knight

• Neonate
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2012, 06:04:51 am »
Grant. Which technically also makes me Norwegian.

Hey, cool! I read the wiki article, aaand here comes the question:

Did you know we're distantly related?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2012, 09:10:54 am »
Sandman, why are you no longer the resident demented old fool?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:20 am »
Oh, hey, haven't answered in a bit. My apologies.

Ahem

No, that is not an accurate map of the the British Isles. Not anymore. London is London. It's like NYC, there really is no where else in the nation like it. Wales is not ALL empty space, just MOSTLY empty space. The Leprechauns are in central Ireland, the alcoholics are everywhere, and there really aren't that many terrorists in the north anymore. The Kilts are accurate, though.

You are not as bad as they think you are; you are only as bad as you think you are.

Yes, you can bring psychotherapy into the modern age, but only when modern thinking people get involved in it and become psychologists. It's not an institution that can be changed from without.

FB will never die. In 2022 it will change its name to "SKYNET" and take over the world.

The sandman does not use FB, but he does look at friend's and relative's posts on his nephew's account.

AMD. Structurally there is no difference between AMD and Intel other than the price. Many of them are even made in the exact same factories. No. Remember the Sixth Rule of Hardware: "Never Buy First Generation."

this one

Never.

Either "Diplomacy" with Churchill, Sun Tzu, and Teddy Roosevelt, or "Twister" with Winona Ryder, Salma Hayek, and Isabella Rossellini circa 1982

Sure, but which one will we climb? (Brownie points if you get the Monty Python reference...)

American football? Who the hell watches American football? If I want to see steroid-ridden monstrosities in painted-on pants grabbing each other's asses, I'll watch wrestling. At least then I know it will be entertaining.

No, I didn't. Welcome to the family.

I don't know. The title must have been lost at some point. It was only there to mock some idiot troll we banned anyway.

"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2012, 12:02:45 pm »
I know it was directed at Sandman, but my family's a sept of the Clan Maclaren.
Shouldn't you be an F1 fan then?   ;)

(If Sandman wants to chime in on this, it technically isn't a threadjack)

I tried F1 for a while.  Wasn't really my cup of tea.  I'll still watch it if there's no other races I want to see though.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2012, 01:25:22 pm »
You've been on a lot more than you were. How have you been lately?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2012, 01:33:15 pm »
Do shooting stars really break the mold?
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2012, 03:18:40 pm »
I am not doing well, to be honest. Most days I have a lot of trouble swallowing and have great difficulty sitting up. My wife bought me an iPad, which makes it so I can be online and chat with friends and family without too much difficulty, once I learned how to turn off the portrait to landscape auto switching (I do most of my surfing lying on my side now, and that auto switching was driving me nuts). It's easier lying on my side. I have had several biopsies in through my lower right back and hip and the wounds are causing me some pain. I suspect one has gotten infected, but I won't know until I go to hospital tomorrow for more chemo.

But I try to look on the bright side. I've lost a hundred pounds and now look more like Walter White than Wilfred Brimley.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2012, 03:36:48 pm »
I wish you had better news to give. I'm glad you're hanging in there, though. *hugs Sandman*
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »
I've lost a hundred pounds and now look more like Walter White than Wilfred Brimley.

As if you weren't already awesome enough... I already want to hug you to bits for all the good you've done for us here on the forums, but you're a Breaking Bad fan too? oh, be still my geeky little heart <3
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2012, 07:56:02 pm »
You're a hero, Mr. Sandman.  Keep fighting the good fight.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2012, 08:13:37 pm »
now that House is off the air, Breaking Bad and Mythbusters are the only valid reasons to own a television.