Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1505854 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1620 on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:55 am »
I just realised that THQ going bankrupt might mean we lost Metro: last light which is a shame because I was waiting for that one (Metro 2033 is an good game and the original book is awesome) and it was just few months away from being published...

Seems like another company just bought the rights, I hope they still publish the game (and don't fuck it up.)

There doesn't appear to be anything stopping Metro's release. I just want some confirmation on the status of Darksiders and the Games Workshop license.

I'm kind of wondering about the GW license myself. THQ really did the series justice. I'm concerned few other companies will have the balls for the kind of grimdark 40k games require.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1621 on: January 27, 2013, 04:29:36 am »
You may have gotten wires crossed there. It's the religious and intellectuals that tend to be at odds--making one happy tends to involve pissing the other off, at least as far as policies and such go. The communist counterpart would be the capitalist faction.

I could've sworn supporting something the Communusts like made the Religious faction mad at you as well, but I probably misread it.  It was funny at one point seeing people protest outside the church, though at the time I didn't think to clock the people to see what exactly they were protesting.

Since the, "Oh Crap," thread got bumped to page 2, I'll post this moment here.  I was playing Hitman Absolution, and trying to use a proximity mine as a melee weapon, which someone on another board had suggested.  It worked great, though when I took 2 steps, I heard, "Beep Beep," followed by an explosion that sent my body flying off a 3-story building.

I tried again, hitting my first opponent with the mine, then tossing it to the second.  Again it worked great, and I set up another trap, getting a third mine (in a building that had several), and setting a trap for a third guard.  I got him blown right off the cliff, the the mine was close enough to singe me.  I turned to reenter the building when I realized that mine explosions, if close enough, arm other mines.  As soon as I entered the building, I heard 3 separate, "Beep Beep," sounds.  Kinda wish I had chosen the disguise with the brown pants.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1622 on: January 27, 2013, 05:37:32 am »
(click to show/hide)

I think I mentioned at some point in time that I once took a book off of a shelf in Oblivion which caused the shelf to fall down.

This wasn't that, but it was something funnier.  I picked up an alchemy ingredient and caused... THIS. Obviously, I'm using a mod that makes everything susceptible to physics.

Also, I'm getting into an Overlord mood again.  I wish there was any information about a possible Overlord 3.  I'm worried that the series is dead.

EDIT:
Speaking of Overlord, have all of my screenshots: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979417023/screenshots/?appid=12710&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:48:18 am by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1623 on: January 28, 2013, 12:16:36 am »
Well, I've finally done it. San Andreas, 100% completion. Man, it only took me, what, seven years?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1624 on: January 28, 2013, 02:29:42 am »
Darksiders has possibly been picked up by Platinum Games but there's nothing concrete.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1625 on: January 28, 2013, 02:36:22 am »
Man. This chivalry medieval warfare game is epic
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #1626 on: January 28, 2013, 02:51:50 am »
Man. This chivalry medieval warfare game is epic

I've seen some gameplay videos, and unless I'm really missing something, it didn't seem that impressive. It basically comes across as a low-budget FPS game without guns. From what I understand, it also suffers from some pretty poor balancing, with the Vanguard being vastly superior to every other class.

Edit to add:

Heh, I figure I may as well talk a bit about my own recent gaming adventures.

Back in December, I found the on-board speakers on my 3DS had crapped out somehow. No clue what happened--I left a game in sleep mode overnight, came back the next day, no sound. Sound still functioned with headphones, but not the speakers, and since I'm often watching TV or on the computer while playing, I rather dislike using headphones. Luckily, Nintendo's customer service is amazing. They sent me a shipping label, I sent them the system, and I recently got it back with new speakers and a new main circuit board, and it's working great now--if anything, the sound quality is better than when it was new. As a bonus, any factory repair job done by Nintendo resets your warranty, so I'm covered for another year. Seriously, Nintendo just can't be beat when it comes to customer service. Plus, the whole thing didn't cost me a dime.

I've also been working through some of the games I picked up during the Steam holiday sale. I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum, and have started up Arkham City. I'm rather enjoying the series. Also picked up and been playing Tropico 4 off and on--I love management style games, and the game has some great humor to it.

I also picked up the Gods & Kings expansion for Civilization V. At the moment, I'm mostly trying to just grasp all the new additions and changes rather than seriously play. It adds so much that can really change how you go about handling things.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:59:44 am by Yaezakura »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1627 on: January 28, 2013, 05:23:59 am »
Well, I just bought Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale since I need something to play now that I'm done with San Andreas (backlog? What backlog? It's only, what, 130 odd games and counting. Shut up, I'm saving that for later!) and I had a lot of fun with the demo. The price tag is a tag steep, but hopefully it'll suck down enough hours to make up for it.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
« Reply #1628 on: January 28, 2013, 06:34:08 am »
Well, I just bought Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale since I need something to play now that I'm done with San Andreas (backlog? What backlog? It's only, what, 130 odd games and counting. Shut up, I'm saving that for later!) and I had a lot of fun with the demo. The price tag is a tag steep, but hopefully it'll suck down enough hours to make up for it.

Oh man... I got Recettear when it first came out, and it ruled my life for months. That game is just so damned addictive.

Plus, if you're looking to 100% it, you have to play through the game around... 8 times? Luckily, NG+ lets you keep your inventory of items (though not any money you may have left) so the debt isn't really much a factor after the first time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1629 on: January 28, 2013, 06:46:33 am »

Oh man... I got Recettear when it first came out, and it ruled my life for months. That game is just so damned addictive.

I know, right? Indebted servitude has never been so adorable.

Distind

« Reply #1630 on: January 28, 2013, 02:03:16 pm »
Should plug it before it comes out, Omerta, by the same people as Tropico. Build up your 30s gang in atlantic city with similar to tropico kind of management. Click a building, select a action, select thug/group to carry out said action. Combat was surprisingly interesting(think jagged alliance 2) and from the screenshots you get the chance to take a bat to klansmen.
Site here: http://www.cityofgangsters.com/

They've got a demo up here: http://forum.kalypsomedia.com/showthread.php?tid=17739

I've played through the demo and will be snagging a preorder. It was different from anything else I've played in a while, which itself is almost enough to sell me on buying the damn thing.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1631 on: January 28, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »
My experience with Recettear:

• Got very engaged in the gameplay. Both tending the shop and the dungeons.
  • Got fucked over at the boss of the second dungeon (there was no boss in the first).
  • Forgot to save and stopped playing because I don't want to go through so many damn dialogue I've already heard and the introduction again.

...But someday, I'll want to touch this game again. It just sucks that I have to start all over and have to read the same shit again before I can return to where I got screwed and cream-pied.

Saturn500

« Reply #1632 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »
You do know you can just press the ESC key to skip cutscenes, don't you? I mean, it's pretty hard not to see the text which says so in the lower-right corner during every cutscene.

In other news, Redigit has been considering the possibility of updating the PC version of Terraria again! ;D

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1633 on: January 28, 2013, 07:40:26 pm »
In other news, Redigit has been considering the possibility of updating the PC version of Terraria again! ;D
Part of me has been hoping he wouldn't do that, simply because the fanbase have been acting like insufferable little shits over the game getting a console port.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1634 on: January 29, 2013, 08:15:03 pm »
Sly 4: Thieves in Time is going to be released the fourth.

I can't wait........ to watch a Let's Play of it because I don't have a PS3.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet