Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1505803 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1995 on: March 12, 2013, 12:48:22 am »
Just gotta put this here.  Tiny spoiler, but this plays after you beat Guild Wars 2, and this song makes me so happy, I can't not share it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnPiLi8vOo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVnPiLi8vOo</a>
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1996 on: March 12, 2013, 12:52:04 am »
Wait you can beat an MMO?

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1997 on: March 12, 2013, 01:04:33 am »

Depends on what you are aiming for.  For my LPs I do all story content and gain maximum level for the most part.  Completing all dungeons or otherwise content could also count.  Generally MMOs don't update heavily if they have expansions, the one that don't tend to throw little things in every month or so.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1998 on: March 12, 2013, 01:07:08 am »
Yep.  I'm end level in an MMO I'm playing right now and am trying to get geared up to beat all the high level dungeons/raids and world bosses.  Then I will consider it "beat" until the next expansion or patch comes out.

Also yeah, just gonna leave this here:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF9Vqn_cQyc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF9Vqn_cQyc</a>
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:15:47 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1999 on: March 12, 2013, 01:18:14 am »

Well, you can beat GW2's personal story questline.  Which, for an MMO story, is actually pretty well done.  Found myself actually getting invested in the characters and setting.  Hell...

(click to show/hide)

That shit don't happen often, for me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2000 on: March 12, 2013, 01:44:47 am »
Huh.....interesting.

Distind

« Reply #2001 on: March 12, 2013, 09:06:20 am »
For an MMO guildwars 2 is pretty good. It's still a MMO grindfest though. But at least it rewards you for even the utterly mundane grinding.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #2002 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »
Been playing Riven on my new ipad, even after all these years the game still creeps me out.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2003 on: March 12, 2013, 06:35:20 pm »
The myst games are quite good. Riven was real pretty looking, even it was renderings from 1997.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #2004 on: March 12, 2013, 07:18:51 pm »
The myst games are quite good. Riven was real pretty looking, even it was renderings from 1997.
Seeing this takes me back to a simpler time.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZ6V6CZtcg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUZ6V6CZtcg</a>

only played the first two. Are the others good?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 07:22:52 pm by Zim! »

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2005 on: March 12, 2013, 07:27:25 pm »
Myst III is quite enjoyable, if a tiny bit easier than the previous two. haven't played the fourth, and myst V is full 3d and very pretty, and harder than III.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2006 on: March 12, 2013, 08:08:35 pm »
Riven is just stupidly difficult. To all who've played it, just remember the animal tombstone circle puzzle and the marble grid puzzle. It's the one game I feel absolutely no remorse whatsoever for using a walkthrough to complete it.

III, on the other hand, is a lot more reasonable. I could beat that one on my own with no trouble whatsoever.

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #2007 on: March 12, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »
Riven is just stupidly difficult. To all who've played it, just remember the animal tombstone circle puzzle

That's where I am now, I remember four of the five animals
(click to show/hide)
But I can't remember the last one and what, if any, order you have to push them in.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2008 on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:50 pm »
Wow, haven't thought about the Myst series in FOREVER.  Talk about a nostalgia trip!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2009 on: March 13, 2013, 05:18:26 am »
Played Star Wars Battlefront, the Endor map as the Empire and we got slaughtered.  In the end, I was down to my lone stormtrooper guarding the shield bunker against over 40 rebels.  I got them down to the teens before some moron lobbed a grenade at me.  Still, I got 72 kills so I did my part.

I then replayed it, mined the bunker, then jumped into a scout walker and laid waste to any rebel or ewok in the area.  77 kills later and I won the battle for The Emperor.

We ended up slaughtering them on Hoth.  At one point, I parked my AT-AT right outside the rebel hanger and blasted anything that moved.  I got both the Public Enemy and Trator award (Sorry, Lord Vader, but you lived).

I also keep getting the Traitor award on the Mos Eisley map for shooting jawas.  And to answer Luke's question about why Imperial troops would want to slaughter jawas;  because it's fun, and they make a humorous sound when they die!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"