Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1506447 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2235 on: April 13, 2013, 06:52:18 pm »
My imported copy of Ginga Force arrived!

I'm pleased that the menus are in English. It's just too bad that, as it's a Japanese import, everything else is in Japanese, and therefore I can't understand how to unlock items for purchase in the shop, nor am I able to know what most of them do until I purchase them and try them out. Luckily, the shop categories (Primary weapon, subweapon, special weapon, extra(lolwut?), paint jobs, and some other thing) are in English.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #2236 on: April 13, 2013, 07:12:14 pm »
I caught a Ditto in Pokemon Leaf Green and named it "Whore".

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2237 on: April 13, 2013, 07:16:58 pm »
So am I the only person on the internet who doesn't play Pokemon in adulthood, never touched anything past the original 151, and only liked the cartoon and a few spinoff games like Colosseum as a kid?

I'm seeing all these people talking about how much they love Pokemon and grabbing up the newest games and I'm sitting here all awkward like ".....yeah."
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2238 on: April 13, 2013, 07:43:43 pm »
I never got into Pokémon at all.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2239 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:47 pm »
I've almost completed the 5th gen pokedex. If I sat down and put a real effort into it, I could probably finish by next weekend.

And then October...
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #2240 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:23 pm »
I've never played any Pokemon games that came out after Gen 3.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2241 on: April 13, 2013, 09:25:08 pm »
I doubt I could ever enjoy a 4th gen onwards Pokemon game. I've been spoiled by save states and a handy 10x speed key.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2242 on: April 13, 2013, 09:58:32 pm »
Yeah because they didn't speed up the game or anything  ::) (Seriously in Gen V travel is a snap because you get your bike fairly early

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #2243 on: April 13, 2013, 09:59:24 pm »
Speaking of such things, I've been criticized for keeping my Super NES operational instead of downloading an emulator for some reason.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2244 on: April 13, 2013, 10:15:34 pm »
Yeah because they didn't speed up the game or anything  ::) (Seriously in Gen V travel is a snap because you get your bike fairly early
I'm talking about an emulator speed toggle. Not only is it much faster than the bike, it also lets you speed through other, non movement related tedium, such as battle animations you've already seen 1000+ times already and the same six or seven boxes of text you get every time you use the Pokemon Center.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2245 on: April 13, 2013, 10:22:50 pm »
So I beat the main quest line and pretty much all the side quests for Skyrim's Dragonborn dlc.  Now I'm doing a second playthrough of Bioshock trying to get all the secrets I missed.  It's interesting knowing the ending some of the stuff you pick up on that you didn't the first time around.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2246 on: April 13, 2013, 10:24:24 pm »
I'm talking about an emulator speed toggle. Not only is it much faster than the bike, it also lets you speed through other, non movement related tedium, such as battle animations you've already seen 1000+ times already and the same six or seven boxes of text you get every time you use the Pokemon Center.
I know and I think you can turn off animations though.

Saturn500

« Reply #2247 on: April 13, 2013, 10:59:12 pm »
You can.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2248 on: April 13, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »
I'm at the fight with Kai Leng again and getting increasingly miffed with how it was handled. With the team I have, I can easily take down his shield then he runs and I get shot at by his air support. I take down his shields again and he runs and I get shot at. Repeat until the script ends and then Shep has lost Thessia.

It still doesn't make me call Mass Effect 3 a bad game. Scripted fights happen in plenty of other games, too.

And, the scripted fight on the Cerberus base is pretty great. Probably cause paragon or renegade you stab Kai Leng and mutter about revenge.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2249 on: April 13, 2013, 11:06:58 pm »
I don't know if you'll be able to in X Y
I hope so for Smogons sake.
And as for that fight at least they half way justify it by having the gunship use the sun to make itself invisible