Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510476 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2280 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:35 am »
Ended up winning a copy of Bit Trip Runner on TF2 after winning a contest I didn't realize I had entered until after I had beat the boss.

It appears to be a music side scroller and I think it has a series around it.  Anyone else know about it?

It's a pretty popular music game, yeah... Surprised you hadn't heard of it. I have it and it's pretty damn neat. Until things get trippy as hell. Then it might get funner if you're into that?

I prefer bit trip beat tho.

As for Bioshock Infinite, all three Bioshock games are about lack of choice, about people controlling you and what and who you are. It's supposed to make you uncomfortable and make you think. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to get a few brain cells.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #2281 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:32 am »
DUUUUUUUUDE!

DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE!  ;D

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2282 on: April 17, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »
I wonder if the game's Virtual Console debut will outsell its original debut? XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #2283 on: April 17, 2013, 08:05:40 pm »
Man, my Minecraft crashed right as I was about to finish up the components for my nuclear reactors...NEI likes to crash at random while "updating screen events."  Yes, that was "reactors," plural.  Three of 'em, to start with, and a design that makes 'em 100% safe, 100% efficient (only ever need to replace the uranium cells), very compact, and easy to automate.  I'm gonna need more uranium...

"100% efficient", in the context of a reactor, would mean having literally every slot filled with uranium. I once designed a redstone circuit that would let this reactor run for extremely brief periods, and the output was staggering, but when I say "extremely brief periods" I mean literally like 5 seconds. Still, each unit of uranium would put out like twenty-four million EU.

If you make the thermal sensor, any reactor can be 100% safe.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2284 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13:23 pm »
I wonder if the game's Virtual Console debut will outsell its original debut? XD

I'm going to bet yes.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2285 on: April 17, 2013, 09:24:14 pm »
Man, my Minecraft crashed right as I was about to finish up the components for my nuclear reactors...NEI likes to crash at random while "updating screen events."  Yes, that was "reactors," plural.  Three of 'em, to start with, and a design that makes 'em 100% safe, 100% efficient (only ever need to replace the uranium cells), very compact, and easy to automate.  I'm gonna need more uranium...

"100% efficient", in the context of a reactor, would mean having literally every slot filled with uranium. I once designed a redstone circuit that would let this reactor run for extremely brief periods, and the output was staggering, but when I say "extremely brief periods" I mean literally like 5 seconds. Still, each unit of uranium would put out like twenty-four million EU.

Wouldn't that be "100% capacity"? 100% efficiency would be getting the largest possible output per unit of input.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2286 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:06 pm »

If you make the thermal sensor, any reactor can be 100% safe.

I do have GregTech and Nuclear Control as part of the FTB Ultimate pack...so, theoretically, I could do a checkerboard of quad plutonium and thorium cells with a setup like that.

Also, I mean more that it can run 24/7 with zero oversight and never breaks its cooling components.  With a little Applied Energistics work, I'll be able to automate the insertion of fresh uranium cells and extraction of spent ones.  With that, all I'll ever have to do is make the occasional batch of uranium cells, and shove em into an ender chest.  The area's already chunk-loaded, so it runs 24/7, anyway.

[ETA]

HOLY FUCK.  Okay, that's a bit absurd.  Just put a design thru the planner, using nothing but quad plutonium and thorium cells with some reactor plating, and...

Lifetime Generation: 1,272,000,000 EU.
Active EU/t: 1,272 EU/t
Generation Time: 4 seconds

1.272 BILLION EU.  If I can automate that and ensure 100% safety...FUCK.

Oh, and also, that's a reactor with 0 extra chambers.  Zero.  ZERO.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:53:07 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #2287 on: April 17, 2013, 11:12:22 pm »

Wouldn't that be "100% capacity"? 100% efficiency would be getting the largest possible output per unit of input.

In Industrialcraft, at least, the efficiency of a unit of uranium is increased by having it surrounded by more uranium. A single unit produces 2M units of energy, two together produce 4M each, three together 8M each, etc. Other mods or more recent builds of Industrialcraft may change that.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2288 on: April 18, 2013, 09:54:44 am »
DUUUUUUUUDE!

DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUUUUUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE DUDE!  ;D

Though I won't go out of my way to buy a Wii U because of it, that is awesome that they're in a sense reviving such a great old franchise.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2289 on: April 18, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »
Okay, okay, I'm seriously too proud of this to NOT show it off.  I've been metaphorically grinding my teeth, trying to automate my little reactors in a way that actually...well, works.  Applied Energistics never worked, RedPower lags too much, and BuildCraft would require a build so absolutely gigantic that it'd be pointless.

All's lost?  Nope.  I found a way.  Oh boy, did I find a way.

Golems.  I have ThaumCraft smart stone golems doing everything but crafting the cells and putting the refined uranium in the canning machine, the latter being because I just couldn't get 'em to actually DO it.  I've got nuclear reactor golems!  Adorable, useful, and by the very nature of their job, badass.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:54:06 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
The Massive Mojave Mod Mashup Compatibility Patch Mod (MMMMCPM)
« Reply #2290 on: April 18, 2013, 09:51:54 pm »
Alas, poor Yorick mod thread! Well I guess this goes here. As of recent I have been working on a VERY ambitious compatibility patch mod of sorts for Fallout New Vegas. It will not be released until I get the required permissions otherwise I will be sued for copyright infringement. IF all goes well, I will post a link for testing (got to add more stuff, get more permissions,ect ) here. Because I like you guys.

Below is the WIP readme:

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:57:05 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2291 on: April 18, 2013, 09:59:00 pm »
I will admit to having done an obscene amount of modding to my copy of New Vegas. It's pretty much not even the same game any more, especially with all the added weapons. I even threw in stuff like bolt-action shotguns (just Hunting Rifles rechambered to 12 gauge) just to add more variety.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2292 on: April 18, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
Best video game trailer ever.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw</a>

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2293 on: April 18, 2013, 10:03:57 pm »
Best video game trailer ever.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw</a>

So many levels of win.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2294 on: April 19, 2013, 05:50:09 pm »
After almost a decade, I finally did it!