Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1506448 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4650 on: July 08, 2014, 05:24:28 pm »
Well, EA is being EA and fucking up The Sims 4. They've admitted to removing toddlers and POOLS because they wanted to add new features, like unique walk styles for your sims. Um, you can't just remove basic content that's been available in the previous games for ages now and expect people to accept your shitty excuses.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4651 on: July 08, 2014, 06:33:19 pm »
Well, EA is being EA and fucking up The Sims 4. They've admitted to removing toddlers and POOLS because they wanted to add new features, like unique walk styles for your sims. Um, you can't just remove basic content that's been available in the previous games for ages now and expect people to accept your shitty excuses.

I'm sure they'll be back for the Pool Party and Totally Toddlin' expansion packs.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4652 on: July 08, 2014, 07:38:49 pm »
This is why you don't buy The Sims until all the expansions are out. That way, you don't pay through the nose to get the game drip fed to you over the course of several years.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4653 on: July 08, 2014, 08:14:38 pm »
Am I just an idiot, or is XCOM: Enemy Unknown hard as fuck, even on normal? One little UFO slips by, and Australia wants to pull out of the Council.

Step your shit up, Australia.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4654 on: July 08, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »
Am I just an idiot, or is XCOM: Enemy Unknown hard as fuck, even on normal? One little UFO slips by, and Australia wants to pull out of the Council.

You'd think people who willingly live in Earth's death zone would have some more courage.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4655 on: July 08, 2014, 09:19:00 pm »
This is why you don't buy The Sims until all the expansions are out. That way, you don't pay through the nose to get the game drip fed to you over the course of several years.

I'd love to, but I honestly can't. I've been playing Sims for so many years, it'd be painful to wait 1-2 years after the new game's release to finally play it. Especially since I've gotten sick of Sims 3 and have had trouble finding a decent variety of games to play lately.

I'm sure they'll be back for the Pool Party and Totally Toddlin' expansion packs.

That seriously sounds like names and expansions they would release. I'll be waitin'.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4656 on: July 08, 2014, 09:44:46 pm »

Or just do like everyone else does and pirate the shit out of it.

EA's business practices, ironically, seem to be tailored toward breeding illegal downloads.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4657 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:01 pm »

Or just do like everyone else does and pirate the shit out of it.

EA's business practices, ironically, seem to be tailored toward breeding illegal downloads.

If piracy's your thing, sure. Not that I'm entirely unsympathetic. I for one would never buy anything that requires Origin.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4658 on: July 09, 2014, 08:28:43 am »
I'm still livid over the fact that EA stole the name of a company they destroyed for their shitty Steam knockoff.  It wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that Origin was one of the best developers of their time.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4659 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:39 am »
I remember when people actually liked EA.

Related:

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4660 on: July 09, 2014, 10:38:01 am »
I'm still livid over the fact that EA stole the name of a company they destroyed for their shitty Steam knockoff.  It wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that Origin was one of the best developers of their time.

[Spoony]BETRAYAAAAAAAL[/Spoony]

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4661 on: July 09, 2014, 01:28:52 pm »
A message to EA on behalf of gamers everywhere:

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #4662 on: July 09, 2014, 06:45:44 pm »
I think money grubbing indie devs are more guilty of that nowadays with the constant Early Access abuse. At least when Minecraft did it, you paid less money the earlier you bought it.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4663 on: July 09, 2014, 07:05:30 pm »
I'm more than a little curious about Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby, especially about where you can turn your secret base into a kind of gym.  Hopefully you can do that with NPC's and not just online with other people.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4664 on: July 10, 2014, 04:41:45 am »

It's not just you. XCOM eats the inexperienced and the unlucky, shits 'em out, then pisses on the dump.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!