Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509271 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4875 on: September 06, 2014, 09:30:24 am »
Sims 4 reviews are pretty much what I expected. The new stuff they added is great (build mode features, create-a-sim detail, emotions, etc), but the stuff they removed really kills your immersion in the game. I'll probably wait til Christmas or later to get it, honestly.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4876 on: September 06, 2014, 05:34:21 pm »
Sims 4 reviews are pretty much what I expected. The new stuff they added is great (build mode features, create-a-sim detail, emotions, etc), but the stuff they removed really kills your immersion in the game. I'll probably wait til Christmas or later to get it, honestly.

I spend like 90% of my time in the Sims games in build mode or create-a-sim, so most of the stuff taken out I've barely even noticed....except fucking swimming pools.  No more giant houses with swimming pool courtyards for me :(

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4877 on: September 06, 2014, 05:39:10 pm »
And yet again, EA acts like shit.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4878 on: September 06, 2014, 05:54:19 pm »

I spend like 90% of my time in the Sims games in build mode or create-a-sim, so most of the stuff taken out I've barely even noticed....except fucking swimming pools.  No more giant houses with swimming pool courtyards for me :(

Yeah, removing swimming pools is like a freaking felony, I swear. I'm sure they'll gladly provide them in a $40 expansion pack.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4879 on: September 06, 2014, 09:42:12 pm »
I just realized yet another thing while on the influence of lost blood. The only reason the Combine's invasion succeeded was that they struck out of nowhere, akin to a blitzkrieg. If the combine were using the same or similar tech they used in Eastern Europe against the United States Military, the HECU would have put a cap in their asses faster than you can say "Murphy's Laws". And that's if I'm assuming that the PCV wasn't a cross-branch project.

If we had handheld quantum tunneling by the 1950s, I'm really surprised that we weren't more obviously advanced. Hell, if the Combine forces on Earth are stranded...It becomes even more hilarious that we got our asses handed to us.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4880 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:05 am »
I think basically the only reason we got are asses handed to us was due to the suddenness of the invasion.
The Combine went in without planning anything ahead.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4881 on: September 07, 2014, 12:13:27 am »
They aren't stranded until the gate is broken at the end of HL2 and by that time all the militaries have been destroyed and though the resistance is probably getting all the recruits they can handle they also have to take care of all the civilians that Combine had been feeding before... And the resistance also has to worry about antlions and headgrabs and whatever else came out with the Combine...

Actually, if they are going to make a DLC one thing that would be cool would be playing as a member of Civil Protection. Kinda like Opposing force started with playing the marines that came in to attack the Black mesa crew you would start with going against the resistance. Later as FREEEMAAAN!!! is causing havoc and the Combine starts getting even more violent and cruel you could switch sides, or perhaps your character would be taken to a place like Nova prospekt for "promotion" to Combine elite and he would back out and try to escape when he realizes that they were going to turn him into a mindless cyborg slave.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4882 on: September 07, 2014, 01:03:45 am »

This is what Sims 4 will look like if you pirate it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4883 on: September 07, 2014, 02:23:35 am »
Well fuck this game then... unless I purchase it with Steam instead (because Origin is a god-awful service).

That is when it's cheap and it already had an expansion pack or two released, but since it's new and there isn't anything I loved about the previous games (like FUCKING POOLS), that won't be anytime soon.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4884 on: September 07, 2014, 07:32:08 am »
Or we could have Adrian Shepard finally be taken out of detainment and be sent to what remains of America. Oh, and everyone has russian accents. And since people need innovation, perhaps we can try these game mechanics.

*A inventory system, with specialized ammunition and stuff. Perhaps you can even switch out a USP Match for a Colt Python or something similar. 

*The return of Race X, as allies to the Resistance in the United States. Perhaps a couple new species to vary things up. You can gather Sprites to power specialized energy weapons or just to act as PCV batteries.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 08:00:42 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4885 on: September 07, 2014, 08:19:36 am »
I've never used Origin outside of Sims 3 so I may just be clueless, but I'm not sure what makes it a horrible service. The only thing I had to do with it was download Sims updates, and that's it. Granted, I'd prefer to NOT have to use it for updates, but I only ever saw it every few months.

Anyway, now that Sims 4 is out, Sims 3 expansions are gonna be dirt cheap. I'll finally get to have pets and seasons and other wonderful things.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4886 on: September 07, 2014, 08:21:22 am »
Didn't somebody already remove that effect? It's amazing what a Russian + Vodka + Keyboard can achieve in a short timespan.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4887 on: September 07, 2014, 08:44:19 am »
Didn't somebody already remove that effect? It's amazing what a Russian + Vodka + Keyboard can achieve in a short timespan.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do only that, but add all the content they removed just for good measure.  A few good people with time, inclination, and ability, can work wonders.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4888 on: September 08, 2014, 02:26:22 am »
Even games with the best copy protection last a few months at the most before they get cracked completely. Pirates have literally never once failed, which is why DRM is viewed with such scorn.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4889 on: September 08, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »
Humble Store is doing an end-of-summer sale until the 22nd with daily deals, and GoG is doing a 6th birthday sale until September 15th.  Get while the getting's good.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."