Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509498 times)

Offline IanC

• Pope
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5415 on: January 09, 2015, 12:25:40 pm »
Thank to Metro Redux (another Christmas present) I have started to play Metro 2033.
Really, really creepy. Also very Russian (obviously). Sneaking around the ruins of Moscow trying to avoid that big ass flying demon thing, eek.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5416 on: January 09, 2015, 02:02:47 pm »
Thank to Metro Redux (another Christmas present) I have started to play Metro 2033.
Really, really creepy. Also very Russian (obviously). Sneaking around the ruins of Moscow trying to avoid that big ass flying demon thing, eek.
Friend of mine had to stop playing it just because it was so scary at some points (getting immersed deeply in the game does not help.)

The first book was also good, I'll have to wait until I find an english version of the second book since my Russian is abysmal.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5417 on: January 09, 2015, 06:38:59 pm »

(click to show/hide)

I'm not quite sure what this is. Some form of giant wrestling racial stereotype riding a shrimp entree?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 06:45:31 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5418 on: January 14, 2015, 01:30:59 pm »
Miriam keeps throwing wave after wave of her troops at my guns and still has the balls to demand technology in exhange for making temporary truce (which she will break a while later.) At least I got the hunter-killer algorithm running and her Probe teams aren't making trouble anymore.

And Santiago keeps demanding to repeal the UN charter, but that will have to wait until my planet busters are finished... Miriam is going to get the first one right in her stupid face.

(Fluffwise I like Miriam and she has a sensible side but her programming keeps turning her into a warmonger and I will nuke that bitch when I get the chance.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5419 on: January 14, 2015, 02:24:18 pm »
So how about that new Nintendo Direct? Fire Emblem, Xenoblade 3D, Xenoblade X and Codename STEAM, anyone?
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5420 on: January 14, 2015, 02:42:57 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #5421 on: January 14, 2015, 03:00:00 pm »
Xenoblade Chronicles X. FUCK YEAH!

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5422 on: January 14, 2015, 03:56:52 pm »
Just got through the Library in Metro 2033 Redux. Oh man. That was some creepy shit. And the Librarians? Bloody hell.

(click to show/hide)

Completed the good ending to One Piece Pirate Warriors 2, which is my personal second best "Warriors game after Hyrule Warriors (with Samurai Warriors 4 in third). And because i apparently really like One Piece games i started playing One Piece Unlimited World Red today. Which is fun, though shows sign of its 3DS origins when played on PS3.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5423 on: January 15, 2015, 06:16:48 am »
Miriam keeps throwing wave after wave of her troops at my guns and still has the balls to demand technology in exhange for making temporary truce (which she will break a while later.) At least I got the hunter-killer algorithm running and her Probe teams aren't making trouble anymore.

And Santiago keeps demanding to repeal the UN charter, but that will have to wait until my planet busters are finished... Miriam is going to get the first one right in her stupid face.

(Fluffwise I like Miriam and she has a sensible side but her programming keeps turning her into a warmonger and I will nuke that bitch when I get the chance.)

Makes me think of god damned Gandhi in Civilization.  Every fucking time, he keeps trying to kill me (usually by the time I've got medieval-level troops) with ooga-booga tribseman, demanding that I give him advanced technology when his backward, sheep-fucking, single-city "civilization" hasn't even learned to make the freaking wheel.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5424 on: January 15, 2015, 09:17:20 am »
And now Australia's banned Hotline Miami 2.

https://archive.today/ie5wM

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5426 on: January 15, 2015, 06:56:57 pm »
So the government is stupid enough to ban a digital only game. If that was anything more than a mild inconvenience, I'd actually give a shit.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5427 on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »
>bans game for having an implied rape scene
>gruesome bloody murder is a-okay
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5428 on: January 15, 2015, 07:22:04 pm »
So the government is stupid enough to ban a digital only game. If that was anything more than a mild inconvenience, I'd actually give a shit.

It's the principle of the matter.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5429 on: January 15, 2015, 07:37:44 pm »
Australia is fucking weird.