Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510724 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5535 on: February 12, 2015, 06:10:43 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbpdKiInn8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbpdKiInn8</a>

Strafe is a indie upcoming FPS currently in alpha. It has a rather ironically hilarious (some might say offensive) commercial, as you can see here. I like it, it reminds me of Quake 2.

"Click to quick restart", indeed.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:51:53 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5536 on: February 14, 2015, 12:01:16 am »
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate came out today, so I'll be playing that with friends for a long time.

In other news, a new trailer for the upcoming Warhammer 40k game came out, and the only thing anyone can focus on in the comments is the interesting choice of music used:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU</a>

Personally, I like it, and will be cautiously awaiting release. It's being made by the studio that made EYE: Divine Cybermancy, so at the very least it should be interesting.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5537 on: February 14, 2015, 06:01:05 am »
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate came out today, so I'll be playing that with friends for a long time.

In other news, a new trailer for the upcoming Warhammer 40k game came out, and the only thing anyone can focus on in the comments is the interesting choice of music used:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU</a>

Personally, I like it, and will be cautiously awaiting release. It's being made by the studio that made EYE: Divine Cybermancy, so at the very least it should be interesting.

FUCK.YES.

Oh, Games Workshop. You and your war crack just had to mate with the cyberpunk meth (with horrid loading times) that is EYE, so that my addiction will become a full blown thing.

Terminators that aren't tissue paper against Genestealers. Check.

Bolters. Bolters everywhere. Check.

Plasma weapons. TO FUCK SHIT UP. Check. Hell, I even think I saw a Grav Gun.

Weird esoteric references. Ubercheck.

Life is very, very good.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 06:07:29 am by Second Coming of Madman »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5538 on: February 15, 2015, 06:53:41 pm »
Is that actually a new game or is it just an expansion for Spacehulk? If it's an expansion, the more interesting news is the Xbox One and PS4 logos at the end of the trailer.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5539 on: February 15, 2015, 09:37:48 pm »
Is that actually a new game or is it just an expansion for Spacehulk? If it's an expansion, the more interesting news is the Xbox One and PS4 logos at the end of the trailer.

It' a new FPS being developed.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #5540 on: February 15, 2015, 11:18:42 pm »

It' a new FPS being developed.

Looked it up. Sources would be nice next time. Still: OOOOHHHH. Also, I'm surprised it's not about the Blood Angels like the board game/all other Space Hulk adaptations that aren't expansions.

Though I still want to see a 40k shooter about the Space Wolves. Or the Deathwatch. Hell, make Space Marine 2 with Captain Titus being reassigned to the Deathwatch after what happened at the end of Space Marine and give him a Space Wolf to fight with.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 11:21:14 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5541 on: February 16, 2015, 12:22:21 am »
Those chapters don't follow their smurfitual liege, so don't expect much from them in terms of merch.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5542 on: February 16, 2015, 01:03:10 am »
I just wish there were more WH40K games featuring the Necrons.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #5543 on: February 16, 2015, 01:13:11 am »
Those chapters don't follow their smurfitual liege, so don't expect much from them in terms of merch.

Blood Angels and Blood Ravens have been featured pretty extensively in games before and the new Space Hulk features Dark Angels. Since Ultramarines contribute to the Deathwatch, a game that features them would most likely have at least one Ultramarine.

I say make Space Marine 2, make it about a Deathwatch kill team with Marines from a diverse set of chapters (I say Titus, plus a Space Wolf, Dark Angel, Storm Warden and Black Templar) and have them fight Necrons. And maybe Tau, but have them have to fight along side the Tau to deal with the Necrons.
Who needs a signature?

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5544 on: February 16, 2015, 01:35:42 am »

I say make Space Marine 2, make it about a Deathwatch kill team with Marines from a diverse set of chapters (I say Titus, plus a Space Wolf, Dark Angel, Storm Warden and Black Templar) and have them fight Necrons. And maybe Tau, but have them have to fight along side the Tau to deal with the Necrons.

And maybe Tau, but have them have to fight along side the Tau to deal with the Necrons.

This thread is unclean. All joking aside, I'd actually like to more of Xenos fighting alongside the Mehreens. It always seems to make a semi-decent game or better as a concept, so hey.

Or perhaps even...

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5545 on: February 16, 2015, 05:41:48 am »
I've been playing Majora's Mask 3d for two days, and it's everything I ever wanted. The Anju and Kafei quest is going to fuck me up all over again.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:03:19 am by Ultimate Renegade »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5546 on: February 16, 2015, 02:27:55 pm »

*SNIP*

FUCK.YES.

Oh, Games Workshop. You and your war crack just had to mate with the cyberpunk meth (with horrid loading times) that is EYE, so that my addiction will become a full blown thing.

Terminators that aren't tissue paper against Genestealers. Check.

Bolters. Bolters everywhere. Check.

Plasma weapons. TO FUCK SHIT UP. Check. Hell, I even think I saw a Grav Gun.

Weird esoteric references. Ubercheck.

Life is very, very good.

a) The music is a weird choice. I'm not saying that the song is bad but it does not fit the the trailer well.

b) I think we see one terminator get jumped by the 'stealers but the scene cuts before we see if he gets shredded immediately. Most of them get shot or cut down before they get close but we don't see the terminator armour stopping any claws either.

c) Deathwing was the star of one the OLD Space hulk computer games (or possibly a mission pack for Space hulk1. Space Hulk 2 was about the Blood angels I think.) as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #5547 on: February 16, 2015, 02:57:46 pm »

And maybe Tau, but have them have to fight along side the Tau to deal with the Necrons.

This thread is unclean. All joking aside, I'd actually like to more of Xenos fighting alongside the Mehreens. It always seems to make a semi-decent game or better as a concept, so hey.

Or perhaps even...

(click to show/hide)

Space Marines fighting along side Tau has been done before in Fire Warrior, which was... OK. The thing about the relationship between the Tau and the Imperium is that the Imperium would love it if the Tau would just get wiped out, but they know that doing it themselves (despite being more than powerful enough to do so) would be a MASSIVE waste of resources, so they just settle for letting the Tau be for the most part because they'd rather they be shooting at Necrons, Tyranids, Chaos or Dark Eldar than them.

So having the Tau and Imperium be forced to fight together isn't particularly unusual as both sides know that having the other shoot at the same target is preferable over shooting at each other.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5548 on: February 16, 2015, 03:42:10 pm »
GUESS WHAT FUCKSTICKS!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9fpQ7-1KGU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9fpQ7-1KGU</a>
Instagram filters and a selfie stick, modded into DooM

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5549 on: February 16, 2015, 04:51:23 pm »
I've been playing Majora's Mask 3d for two days, and it's everything I ever wanted. The Anju and Kafei quest is going to fuck me up all over again.

Just beat the swamp temple.  Gonna reset, slow down, and go to the mountain side.

Ironbite-then hit the ranch to get Epona and UNLIMITED MAGIC FOREVER!