Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510372 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5580 on: February 25, 2015, 04:15:34 pm »
Seriously though. Blade of Agony is the shit.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5581 on: February 25, 2015, 04:23:36 pm »
Damn, the Courier's Mile doesn't fuck around. Great fun, though. I was toting a gauss rifle, the All American and wearing elite riot gear and I still felt highly vulnerable.

On the other hand, clearing out the deathclaw nest in Sloan suddenly seems quite trivial.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5582 on: February 25, 2015, 04:33:13 pm »
Damn, the Courier's Mile doesn't fuck around. Great fun, though. I was toting a gauss rifle, the All American and wearing elite riot gear and I still felt highly vulnerable.

On the other hand, clearing out the deathclaw nest in Sloan suddenly seems quite trivial.

Deathclaws in there are just.....galaxies above anything you'll find in the Vanilla game.  It's amazing how much Lonesome Road ups the difficultiy of facing those bastards.

Ironbite-I am actually scared to face them in closed quarters.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5583 on: February 25, 2015, 04:47:58 pm »

Deathclaws in there are just.....galaxies above anything you'll find in the Vanilla game.  It's amazing how much Lonesome Road ups the difficultiy of facing those bastards.

Ironbite-I am actually scared to face them in closed quarters.

Yeah, I certainly learned that the hard way. I figured I can at least tank one or two of them long enough to put them down. Nope. Just three hits was enough to kill me. With my elite riot armour + helmet and 10 endurance. Atom help the poor bastard who goes with a melee build.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5584 on: February 25, 2015, 05:33:51 pm »
I just use my Riot Shotty loaded with slugs, so I'm not sure why exactly you're so terrified of Deathclaws.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5585 on: February 25, 2015, 05:40:51 pm »
Completed Resident Evil Revelations the other day. Final boss was a good fight, and easier than i thought it would be (i cheated, i stuck a rocket launcher in a weapon box). Shame I WONT be touching Revleations 2. Though going by reviews of episode one, I'm not missing out on much.

Got a New Nintendo 3DS, love it. Snagged one of the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate LE XLs. Its amazing how the extra screen real estate makes the 3d shine compared to my old 3DS. It also fits nicer my hands, which is a plus. Oh and the 3d is a lot more stable too, which is a big plus.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is really good, i think it might be the first MH game i "get" (Tri came very close, thinking of it i got a free download copy of 3 Ultimate when i bought Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U so i might give it another try...), it just seems to work much better now. And there is nothing like taking down a big beasty with your bare hands (well kinda).

I did get Majora's Mask, but i haven't touched it yet (oops). Smash Bros 3DS is like a brand new game on the New 3DS, the C stick for Smash attacks really helps and it doesn't take forever to load now. Which is a big plus.

Oh and (i like saying that) if you like Monster Hunter Sony's "clone" (though its more like a third person shooter mixed with MH) Freedom Wars is worth a look if you have a Vita or PSTV. The whole working off a million year sentence for just being born is pretty unique too. I got hit with a few extra years for resting on my bed at the start, lol.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 05:48:05 pm by IanC »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5586 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:08 pm »
Go down the Lonesome Road and then speak to us.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5587 on: February 27, 2015, 07:58:13 pm »
$387,000 for a special edition.

(click to show/hide)

Comes with...adult diapers.

The fuck?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5588 on: February 27, 2015, 08:52:00 pm »
Oh my god and I know idiots who would pay this much for it.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5589 on: February 27, 2015, 08:59:49 pm »
The bigger question is, why are high-quality low-light optics paired with adult diapers?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5590 on: February 27, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »
The bigger question is, why are high-quality low-light optics paired with adult diapers?

I think the idea is that the game is so scary you'll shit yourself.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5591 on: February 27, 2015, 09:16:34 pm »
I've seen a few games recently that had ridiculous special editions like this. I think Saint's Row 4 was the first, but it was a supposed to be a parody of the increasingly stupid, but still buyable, special editions games were getting. I don't understand why anyone took that and are now doing so in seriousness.

I really don't understand why you would do this for a totally new game. The Halo or COD games could probably get away with actually having $1,000 special edition, because they have established fan bases. In fact, I might
 consider buying a $1,000 Halo special edition if it was released and I had the money, but only if I was damn sure the game was gonna be good.

Has anyone actually bought one of these things? From this game or any other?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5592 on: February 27, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »

And you don't have to take bathroom breaks from playing the game.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5593 on: February 27, 2015, 10:05:02 pm »
Y'know, people call me lazy, but I've never felt that going to the bathroom was such a chore that I'd rather spend some time with a diaper full of piss.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5594 on: February 27, 2015, 10:16:36 pm »

And you don't have to take bathroom breaks from playing the game.

For the sort of people who care that much, installing a computer rig around the toilet in the bathroom is the superior option.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.