Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509752 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5595 on: February 28, 2015, 10:40:50 am »
The bigger question is, why are high-quality low-light optics paired with adult diapers?

I think the idea is that the game is so scary you'll shit yourself.
And you don't have to take bathroom breaks from playing the game.

For the sort of people who care that much, installing a computer rig around the toilet in the bathroom is the superior option.

Too much work, just get some WD-40 and a long enough length of rubber hose.  Shove the big hose up your ass and the smaller one up your urethra, put the other end into the toilet, and you're set.  All you'd need after that is a system to remotely flush, which you could prolly do with some superglue, pulleys, and a length of nylon rope.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5596 on: February 28, 2015, 11:49:22 am »
The bigger question is, why are high-quality low-light optics paired with adult diapers?

I think the idea is that the game is so scary you'll shit yourself.
And you don't have to take bathroom breaks from playing the game.

For the sort of people who care that much, installing a computer rig around the toilet in the bathroom is the superior option.

Too much work, just get some WD-40 and a long enough length of rubber hose.  Shove the big hose up your ass and the smaller one up your urethra, put the other end into the toilet, and you're set.  All you'd need after that is a system to remotely flush, which you could prolly do with some superglue, pulleys, and a length of nylon rope.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQCVwwdrnkA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQCVwwdrnkA</a>
Σא

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5597 on: March 03, 2015, 03:33:25 pm »
Bah, didn't know you could buy Large Barrel's from the Item Shop. So now my Palico looks like Luigi and is carrying a hammer. I love how silly Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate can be!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5598 on: March 04, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »
Just picked up Vanquish on the cheap. This game is fucking bonkers, I love it.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5599 on: March 05, 2015, 05:30:30 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9duDPbaP4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL9duDPbaP4</a>

'bout damn time the New Order got itself more games in that style.

So, what do we have in this trailer alone?

-Hints of a more Return-esque enemy lineup, including more Ubersoldat 1946 models in action. I'm holding out hope for something supernatural, considering the Wewelsburg-esque trappings of the Castle itself.
-Hints of a sawed off shotty, bolt action rifle,  revolver or break action pistol (?) of some form.
-Wilheim scream, baby!
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5600 on: March 06, 2015, 02:06:57 am »
...Ok the end of the video was brilliant.

And at least it is not yet another remake and instead seems to be set in the same continuity as the previous Wolfenstein.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5601 on: March 06, 2015, 10:54:41 am »
Actually, I wouldn't mind a remake of Return to Castle Wolfenstein in TNO's engine.  That said, this does look absolutely freaking sweet.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5602 on: March 06, 2015, 11:34:56 pm »
...Ok the end of the video was brilliant.

And at least it is not yet another remake and instead seems to be set in the same continuity as the previous Wolfenstein.

I believe it's a prequel to the main game, and is a stand-alone DLC like Blood Dragon.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5603 on: March 07, 2015, 01:29:49 am »
...Well yeah, it specifically says that it happens just before the latest Wolfenstein.

He is after the location of Death's head's base and the New Order began with an allied attack on that base.

(Still, I have to say that I didn't like the melee pipes on the trailer.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5604 on: March 07, 2015, 01:11:33 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1FA5iJGAs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra1FA5iJGAs</a>

And we have gameplay!

EDIT:

One of the devs mentions there's a bit more of the occult in The Old Blood, which gets me really excited. With this being mentioned in connection to the scene at the end of the first trailer, with the guy on fire and all, I think I can make one conclusion here with the available evidence.

The return of the Despoiled seems the most likely, considering their appearance. For those not in the know, these enemies from Wolf2009 were in essence horrid burning revenants taking the form of SS officers. Furthermore, Castle Wolfenstein is based off the infamous Castle Wewelsburg, which was well known as a center of SS Ariosophy-derived occultism, which gives my theory extra weight.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 01:42:05 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5605 on: March 07, 2015, 07:48:56 pm »
I really wish Dragon Ball Xenoverse let my create-a-character go beyond Super Saiyan 2.  Fuck, they have me fighting literal gods, is being able to at least 3 so much to ask?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5606 on: March 07, 2015, 08:27:53 pm »
I just wish Dragonball Xenoverse would have servers that lasted more then one parallel quest.

Ironbite-I mean that.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5607 on: March 07, 2015, 10:03:46 pm »
I think everyone that plays Xenoverse agrees with you, Ibby.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5608 on: March 07, 2015, 11:18:01 pm »
I just wish Dragonball Xenoverse would have servers that lasted more then one parallel quest.

Ironbite-I mean that.

Intrepid reverse engineers are prolly on that as we speak.  At least, for the PC version.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5609 on: March 08, 2015, 04:25:29 pm »
That moment when your 3DS gives you the flashing red light of doom just as you are fighting a monster >_>

*Sigh*

Some other random games - completed The Order 1886 and honestly i don't know why its getting so much hate? Yeah its short, but so are many games now...

Also playing the original Killzone... it hasn't aged well at all, even with the minor spit and polish for the HD remaster. Still, going to get through it before i play 2 and 3.