Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510831 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5865 on: June 17, 2015, 12:26:32 am »
So, basically Metroid Alien Swarm.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5866 on: June 17, 2015, 03:37:10 am »
I just saw on Steam the the game Dino D-day is 95% off, from $10 to $0.49. I bought just for shits and giggles. A game about fighting Nazi dinosaurs has to be at last kinda interesting. Even if there's no one playing it online, it still has bots to play against. Whether they're good bots, I don't know. Regardless I'm currently downloading a game that lets you play as a T-rex with machine guns mounted on it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5867 on: June 17, 2015, 03:42:59 am »
As you just made a clever One Piece reference there, I am now required to hug you.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5868 on: June 18, 2015, 01:21:08 pm »
Not much interested me in the Steam sale. Picked up Metro Redux (both games) and Higurashi When They Cry - Ch.1 Onikakushi.

Got 2 endings so far in Steins;Gate. Chapter 6 is so full of moments, it barely lets up. First ending can happen during it too, and its sad but optimistic. Reading Rintaro's break down during said ending is heartbreaking.. Chapter 7 has an ending too, but its more fun and sweet.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5869 on: June 19, 2015, 05:25:56 am »
I'm playing Just Cause 2, and I love the Stronghold missions, but I hate the Faction Mission.  Or more precisely, I hate the Faction missions where you have to keep someone alive, especially when it involves transporting them in a crappy vehicle a long distance while people are shooting at me. 

At one point, I deliberately drove a beach buggy away from my target and tried to get him into my helicopter instead.  However, he ran right past the copter all the way to the buggy, and proceeded to shoot and miss everyone while they blasted the **** out of him.  Ugh, one of the few frustrating things about the game. 

There was enough mission with a guy in a limo.  Unfortunately, the limo doesn't drive in a straight line (especially after being shot a few times), and the road had too many turns for me to jump out, blast the bad guys, and jump back in.  It ended up exploding right before the end of the mission.

Just give me missions where I shoot people and blow stuff up, and I'll be happy.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5870 on: June 19, 2015, 11:20:07 pm »
Is it just me, or is Tropico 4 currently more expensive than Tropico 4 + all of the DLC? Ah well, figured I may as well snag it. I really enjoyed Tropico 3, and the sequels are supposed to be more of the same, so I can't see how that can go wrong.

Between that and Spec Ops: The Line, I'd say this Steam sale has been rather good to me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:35:28 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5871 on: June 20, 2015, 08:44:42 am »
I should replay Spec Ops, at some point.  I could use a good punch to the gut.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5872 on: June 20, 2015, 09:13:25 am »
Indeed. Nothing quite as refreshing as a bloody, bullet-riddled descent into hell.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #5873 on: June 20, 2015, 11:55:37 am »
My friend and I were playing through Half-Life 2 using the Synergy coop mod when we ran into an interesting bug late in the game. During the assault on the Nexus, you're joined by Barney and tasked with disrupting three generators to get to the roof. Well, almost every time we died, another Barney would spawn. By the time we finished the level (through cheating, since the Barneys kept getting killed and causing the mission to fail) we had a group of five Barneys following us. It's definitely one of the weirdest glitches I've ran into.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #5874 on: June 20, 2015, 07:03:57 pm »
And got Luka ending in Steins;Gate. It's..... sad. I nearly cried, no kidding. But I did cry at the end of the end credits
(click to show/hide)

If the other 3 endings are as emotionally draining I'm not sure how I'll cope. Such a well written story and well written characters.

I hope it's success in Europe leads to Pqube bringing more visual novels over. I know they are bringing over the Blazblue prequel, Xblaze (finally says I)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 10:13:10 am by IanC »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5875 on: June 20, 2015, 07:15:56 pm »
So I'm getting a PS4 Tuesday anybody got any game suggestions besides Arkham Knight which is coming bundled with my PS4?

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5876 on: June 20, 2015, 07:59:47 pm »
Battlefront looks pretty good. Shame about the inability to use Y-Wings as anything more than a AI Airstrike, though.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5877 on: June 23, 2015, 04:05:01 am »
Finished Spec Ops. Now I'm going to feel like a total dick for the rest of the evening.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5878 on: June 24, 2015, 07:24:18 pm »
Here's a CNN talking head blaming the Charleston shooting on Mortal Kombat

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VY-tVWeG-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VY-tVWeG-g</a>

Remember that one edition of Mortal Kombat where the Lin Kuei were suddenly waving the Confederate flag and would only use their fatalities on black characters?  Those were some awkward times.  Great character balancing though.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5879 on: June 24, 2015, 09:06:53 pm »
Mortal Kombat being blamed for a shooting? Is it the 90's again?