Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507890 times)

Even Then

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6375 on: February 17, 2016, 07:22:27 pm »
Muslims fighting against Daesh members might make for a pretty cool game premise.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6376 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:51 pm »
I would play the shit out of that game!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6377 on: February 17, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »
Muslims fighting against Daesh members might make for a pretty cool game premise.

You know, I hadn't thought of that.  Maybe an FPS where you play as a Kurdish resistance fighter or something.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6378 on: February 17, 2016, 09:56:16 pm »
That'd be a cool idea for a Far Cry game, methinks.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6379 on: February 17, 2016, 10:37:02 pm »
I think the Ubisoft execs are too interested in selling the Far Cry 3 formula to actually explore such an idea. And even if they aren't, I can't exactly say I trust Ubisoft to handle it with care and actually put some depth into it.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6380 on: February 17, 2016, 11:31:46 pm »
I think the Ubisoft execs are too interested in selling the Far Cry 3 formula to actually explore such an idea. And even if they aren't, I can't exactly say I trust Ubisoft to handle it with care and actually put some depth into it.

On the other hand, it would be a cool idea.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6381 on: February 17, 2016, 11:48:05 pm »
Well, Far Cry Primal is a thing so it seems they have some creativity left in them.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6382 on: February 19, 2016, 06:02:43 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7xdb60she8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7xdb60she8</a>
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6383 on: February 19, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »
So I stumbled upon this in Fallout 4 today:

Yep, that's the skeletons of a woman spanking a man with a cutting board whilst sat on a toilet next to a case full of drugs.  I have so many questions for Bathesda, but I'm not sure I want to know the answers.

Edit: In case anyone things I'm reading too much into some objects having fallen funny due to game physics being what they are, originally the board, and the skeletons, were placed such that it was more obvious she'd been spanking him with the board but I accidentally nudged them when taking the drugs from the metal box before I took the screencap.  They were too deliberately placed for it to have been accidental.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:29:26 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6384 on: February 20, 2016, 02:37:43 am »
Dunno if it was posted already but Sega is giving out Free games for whatever reason: makewarnotlove.com
Yesterday's was Streets of Rage 2, Binary Domain and Condemened: Criminal Origins and 80% of Alpha Protocol... my HDD needs an upgrade :|
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6385 on: February 20, 2016, 08:10:32 am »
Yeah these Sega bundles are pretty dope, wish they'd bring Condemned 2 to PC but I'm lead to believe I was the only one that liked that game.

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6386 on: February 20, 2016, 08:46:36 am »
I played both condemned 1 + 2 a few years ago and nothing 'clicked' for me but if we're talking about ports we want to see on PC, I'd love to see Resonance of Fate. The in-built gun customization along with mod potential would be hilarious
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6387 on: February 20, 2016, 12:50:43 pm »
Just finished Serpent Isle for the n+1th time.  ...What was the Guardian's plan there, again?  DID he have a plan?  The imbalance would've destroyed the whole universe, including the world he ruled and Black Gate showed the Guardian to be a conqueror, not a destroyer.  Hell, if anything, my restoring balance played...precisely...into his hands.  ...  Hm.

By Jove, I think I got it!

(click to show/hide)

TL;DR: The Guardian was being a hell of a lot more intelligent than I originally thought in SI.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:12:02 pm by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6388 on: February 20, 2016, 01:10:12 pm »
Was that the game where the Avatar is acting out of character and destroys a culture or was that the next game?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6389 on: February 20, 2016, 03:14:04 pm »
That was the next one. And then 9 ruined everything.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".