Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507096 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6405 on: February 24, 2016, 02:57:42 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsqAkvIVRHQ

Gameplay of the Seven Years War
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6406 on: February 26, 2016, 11:27:56 am »
So Pokemon Sun and Moon are a thing. While they haven't shown off any new game-play I'm still excited since this will be the 7th generation of Pokemon.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6407 on: February 26, 2016, 03:06:14 pm »
Surprised we're not getting a Z version, but I'm all for Gen VII. Gen VI was was a disappointment after Gen V.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6408 on: February 26, 2016, 03:35:54 pm »
Really? I liked Gen VI , but then again I don't hate much of anything Pokemon related (sans Hey You, Pikachu! which was a waste of $20. )

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6409 on: February 26, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »
Surprised we're not getting a Z version, but I'm all for Gen VII. Gen VI was was a disappointment after Gen V.

Surely you're joking. Gen VI was great. The only disappointing part of it was the further reaming Dark-types received in the great balance game.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6410 on: February 26, 2016, 07:30:28 pm »
Eh, they hit Steel for neutral now so they now have the upper hand against those Steel/Psychics which is sad, because I liked my Schrodinger's Bronzong. Is it neutral to fire, or immune to ground? You don't know till you try! But now, meh, smack it with a dark-type move.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6411 on: February 26, 2016, 09:41:50 pm »
Surely you're joking. Gen VI was great. The only disappointing part of it was the further reaming Dark-types received in the great balance game.

In short:

Smallest roster of new Pokemon
Overstuffed Pokedexes
Constant Gen I nostalgia pandering
Half-assed story
Uninteresting and blatantly obvious villain
Only 3 new Legendaries to catch, two of which are version exclusives and are caught in the story
Just as many Mythic Pokemon as Legendary Pokemon
Only able to catch ONE Legendary Bird per save file and it's a roamer that you can't even Master Ball
MewTwo just stands in a one room cave
CONSTANT GEN I NOSTALGIA PANDERING

I am not saying that X and Y were bad, but let me put it this way: Gen V is my favorite generation. Gen VI is my least favorite after Gen I.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6412 on: February 28, 2016, 10:59:30 pm »
Stardew Valley was released on Friday, and it's like a better version of Harvest Moon. It's a steal for only $15 on Steam.

In addition to the usual farming, animals, fishing, and mining aspects, it's got crafting, combat, quests, more in-depth characters (also allowing same-sex relationships), and a ton of other stuff. I'm gonna put a ton of hours into this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:09:28 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6413 on: February 29, 2016, 12:00:08 am »
Stardew Valley was released on Friday, and it's like a better version of Harvest Moon. It's a steal for only $15 on Steam.

In addition to the usual farming, animals, fishing, and mining aspects, it's got crafting, combat, quests, more in-depth characters (also allowing same-sex relationships), and a ton of other stuff. I'm gonna put a ton of hours into this.
Oh good, so it's not just me. I could never get into Harvest Moon or Rune Factory, but so far I'm really enjoying this one. I think it's because tending your crops is so much less tedious with a mouse. I can just click on an individual square and as long as my character is close enough, that'll do it. No need to line myself up to each and every thing I want to water/hoe/sow using the D-pad.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6414 on: February 29, 2016, 10:33:48 am »
Plus you can eventually install sprinklers. Also, the energy meter is better balanced so you don't instantly hit rock-bottom after simply watering a couple rows of crops (unlike Harvest Moon).
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6415 on: March 01, 2016, 08:52:13 am »
Okay, so Devil Daggers is 5 bucks on steam and it's absolutely fucking insane. I'm not quite sure how to describe this game, it's an FPS bullet-hell Lovecraftian thing, seriously just look at it on Youtube.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6416 on: March 02, 2016, 03:23:05 pm »
Nostalgia-tripping with Red Version.  If anybody wants to trade, PM me.  We'll swap friend codes and come up with a good time for the swap.

I JUST BEAT BROCK!  WITH CHARMANDER!  I R HARDCOER.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6417 on: March 03, 2016, 09:11:09 pm »
If anyone has Spintires, there's a clusterfuck going on atm - publishers claim dev planted timebomb in code, dev says it's a drm thing and asks publisher where his money is:-
http://steamed.kotaku.com/spintires-steam-clusterfuck-explained-1762498563
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6418 on: March 03, 2016, 09:30:39 pm »
Got FE:Fates today. Gonna play them in order, starting w/ birthright. I like how since I have Birthright I can get Conquest for half price from the e-shop. That's pretty cool. As for the game, I'm only an hour in, but so far, its Fire Emblem. They nerfed pairing up in this one, compared to Awakening. Pairing is mainly a defensive buff, while being adjacent to an ally (while neither of you is paired) nets you the offensive buff and double-hitting capability.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6419 on: March 04, 2016, 11:39:05 am »
Picked up the Metro Redux bundle the other day on Xbox Live as it was on sale for 6 quid and there's something that's bothering me way more than it probably should: why does everyone in the game have copies of the Metro novels in their sleeping quarters and why are there posters for the Metro website everywhere?  This isn't Deadpool, what's with the 4th wall breaking?  It seems really out of place in a game with this tone and it  just sticks out to me like a sore thumb, so much so I find it destracting.  And it's not like a little Easter egg in one spot you might miss, these books and posters are fucking all over the place.  My brain is constantly shouting, "HOW DO YOU ALL HAVE BOOKS THAT CORRECTLY PREDICT THE FUTURE OF REAL PEOPLE?  WHAT'S GOING ON?  IS THIS ALL A DREAM?  ARE WE IN THE MATRIX?  AAAAHHHH!!!