Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1506041 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6525 on: May 18, 2016, 10:27:07 am »
So I've been trying out the Doom Snapmap mode and it's actually quite cool, it's got a suprisingly robust logic system for a level editor that is basically just snapping lego pieces together. (A small sampling includes a Racoon Simulator, a Music Maker and various raid bosses)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6526 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:59 pm »
Hey Fallout.  I see you have another DLC for me.  Is this gonna be as fun as Old World Blues?  Lovecraftian inspired you say?  Well sign me the fuck up!

Ironbite-OH GOD ANGLERFISH HAVE GROWN ARMS AND LEGS AND WALK AMONG US!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6527 on: May 21, 2016, 10:17:16 pm »
Getting mad at computer.  Better DS2 has apparently decided it doesn't like my PS3 controller anymore.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #6528 on: May 24, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »
I just got into Paradox historical games. It's okay, I didn't need to go outside anyway.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6529 on: May 24, 2016, 07:40:22 pm »
NO no you really didn't.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6530 on: May 24, 2016, 07:50:01 pm »
I've been meaning to try those out what are they like?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6531 on: May 24, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »
I've only played Crusader Kings 2 in any meaningful quantity, but it's brilliant. There's so much fun to be had in that game that it should be illegal.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6532 on: May 25, 2016, 01:36:51 am »
One of my buddies has (or possibly had if he completed it already) a marathon where he started a campaign in one of the Paradox games and then used the save to start a campaign in the next game. I think he was going through 3 or 4 games like that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6533 on: May 25, 2016, 02:43:34 am »
Yeah, it is possible to go from Ancient Rome through to the 21st Century, with a little savegame-tinkering.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6534 on: May 25, 2016, 02:53:27 am »
Sounds fun, I'll try to pick it up unless I blow all my money on buying Splinter Cell games.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6535 on: May 25, 2016, 05:46:26 am »
Finally going through my Steam sale backlog, can't believe I haven't played Painkiller until now, this shit is hardcore.

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #6536 on: May 25, 2016, 06:58:27 am »
Sounds fun, I'll try to pick it up unless I blow all my money on buying Splinter Cell games.

be forewarned however that PDS games don't so much have a "learning curve" but a "learning cliff".  CK2 has the best tutorial IMO. Also while there recent games have a ton of DLC, none of it is really required to complete the experience
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6537 on: May 25, 2016, 08:14:19 am »
After reading articles like this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-elder-strolls-part-1-fresh-off-the-boat/

I decided to start a new Skyrim game, attempting to play as an NPC.  I followed the original rules with a few tweaks:

1.  No killing except for self-defense and hunting.
2.  Must eat 3 meals and sleep at least 4-8 hours a day.
3.  Avoid major quests.
4.  Avoid minor quests, including groups like companions.
5.  Side quests/favors are okay as long as the above are followed.
6.  No Fast Travel.
7.  Must start with Nothing.
8.  Eventually get a house.

Since I'm on the 360, I had the start a little differently.  I played the main story line up until Riverwood, doing my best to avoid anything that would raise my skills.  I then got a follower, Sven, to cover my back as we walked to Whiterun.  Once arriving, I gave him everything I owned except for 50 gold to cover the carriage.  Then, wishing him well, I took my trip.

I decided to start the life of Norm the Argonian in Winterhold (not the college, the rundown town) in nothing but his underwear.  He managed to scrounge enough snowberries to sell and afford a night at the inn.  The next day, he collected more berries and found a mine, where he collected some iron.  The third day he walked to Dawnstar and made himself some armor because, even though he's cold-blooded, he wasn't enjoying walking around in the snow with just a cloth over his midsection.  I stopped after getting a room at the inn and now I'll see how well he can survive just hunting, mining, farming, and doing odd jobs all while avoiding anything resembling adventure.

I give him 2 weeks tops until he becomes someone's or something's meal/boots.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6538 on: May 25, 2016, 10:01:13 am »
Finally going through my Steam sale backlog, can't believe I haven't played Painkiller until now, this shit is hardcore.

So much fun to just be bunny hopping, shooting, and killing tons of dudes and of course it has the best gun in all of FPS land.

Ironbite-it shoots shurikens and lightning.,

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6539 on: May 25, 2016, 10:49:51 am »
I got my money back from GOG because a new game I bought from them does not work on my computer. But since that money is now store credit I am trying to decide what classics I would buy for myself...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!