Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1513680 times)

Saturn500

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1455 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:06 am »
Guess what's on Steam now?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219950/

I know I said I would get a copy for all of my Steam friends (with the exception of a certain individual who doesn't accept gifts), but my mom has banned me from giving gifts on Steam.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:32:45 am by Saturn500 »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1456 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:10 am »
WTF is up with XBox Live now?  I need two 'proofs' or other ways for them to contact me (email, phone, etc.) just to use their service, which I already pay for?  I'm guessing they're nervous about security after the PSN fiasco, but buy stuff on Live through points cards.  They have no access to anything of mine.  What's someone going to do, get under my name and order a bunch of free games?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1457 on: December 17, 2012, 04:00:14 pm »
With all these older games Sega is putting out on steam, I really hope we end up getting a PC port of Skies of Arcadia.

Saturn500

« Reply #1458 on: December 17, 2012, 06:38:33 pm »
All of the rereleases put on Steam actually come to the Xbox 360 and PS3 first. So for a Skies of Arcadia port to happen, it'll need to come out on XBLA and PSN first.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1459 on: December 18, 2012, 05:06:18 am »
The secret world ARG started a little while back and we're half way through it with 3 out of 6 missions. The first mission nets you a set of robes and the other two exp potions. 4th mission is set to begin on the 19th.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1460 on: December 18, 2012, 05:20:18 am »
Since I'm going Christmas shopping on Thursday, I was thinking that while I'm there, I'll try and pick up a used copy of Fallout 3 Game of the Year. I've been hankering to play that game recently and I seem to have lost my copy of the base game, so why not?

Also, where's the fucking Steam Christmas sale? There was a huge one last year (that's what she said), yet only a dinky little autumn sale this year? What gives?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:26:23 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1461 on: December 18, 2012, 05:42:17 am »
Since I'm going Christmas shopping on Thursday, I was thinking that while I'm there, I'll try and pick up a used copy of Fallout 3 Game of the Year. I've been hankering to play that game recently and I seem to have lost my copy of the base game, so why not?

Also, where's the fucking Steam Christmas sale? There was a huge one last year (that's what she said), yet only a dinky little autumn sale this year? What gives?

The sale is expected to start on the 20th. As someone let it slip shortly before the autumn sale began. Seeing as the autumn sale began on the 21st as they said, it's a good bet they're correct on the winter date as well.  What I'm wondering is if they'll have a sale similar to last years with the gifts and coal. I actually managed to win the X series of games last year while getting the game achievements they had set up.

Just checked my inventory, the winter crates for TF2 expire an hour before midnight on the 3rd, meaning an hour before the 4th when the sales would expire as well if the dates are in fact the 20th through the 4th.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:44:43 am by syaoranvee »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1462 on: December 18, 2012, 07:26:47 am »
Just as long as we get one at some point. It'll make a decent chunk of my Christmas shopping a hell of a lot cheaper.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1463 on: December 18, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »
I got to play some of Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 over the weekend. I'm definitely getting AC3 as soon as I can- the new controls threw me off at first, but I really started to get them after about an hour. The plot's great, and since I've managed to avoid any spoilers I can look forward to getting sucked in by the story.

As for FC3, I watched a Let's Play because I thought I wouldn't enjoy it much, so I know the endings and the general plot. It was a hell of a lot of fun, though, and I might still get it when the price goes down.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1464 on: December 19, 2012, 01:50:26 am »
I like how CanIRunIt says I only meet the MINIMUM requirements to play NiGHTS Into Dreams.

Sega Saturn must have been packing some serious shit back in it's day.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1465 on: December 19, 2012, 02:22:36 am »
I like how CanIRunIt says I only meet the MINIMUM requirements to play NiGHTS Into Dreams.

Sega Saturn must have been packing some serious shit back in it's day.
Nah, emulators are just colossal fucking resource hogs.

Saturn500

« Reply #1466 on: December 19, 2012, 09:44:29 am »
I'm pretty sure it's a port, not emulated.

Also, there's an HD graphics mode.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1467 on: December 19, 2012, 11:26:07 pm »
My mistake. Usually these old console games are simply emulated.

In other news, I now have Fallout 3 Game of the Year. It's been too long since I've played with the railroad rifle.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1468 on: December 19, 2012, 11:45:29 pm »
Okay, the first horse chase in AC3 was god-awful. The optional requirement, to shoot all powder carts, is pretty much impossible due to the mechanics- your character will occasionally not fire his gun for some unfathomable reason while you ride, and if you slow down to shoot you lose your chase target. On top of that, the gun takes forever to reload because it's a flintlock, so if you miss or he targets a random enemy instead, you're bit going to get it in time to keep up the chase. I'm loving the game, but that part was abysmal.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1469 on: December 20, 2012, 12:10:52 am »
The MechaUpdate is on the horizon.