Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1518784 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1575 on: January 16, 2013, 12:52:06 am »
The Factorization mod for Minecraft officially confuses the fuck outta me.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1576 on: January 16, 2013, 04:09:12 am »
Played BL2 on the PS3. Graphics are a bit shinier but I'm seeing no real major differences like people wanted to claim. But that's just one game.

Yeah, generally that's the extent of the differences between two console versions. One version has better graphics (though generally only marginally) and might run at a more consistently high framerate, but gameplay is generally the same.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1577 on: January 16, 2013, 04:12:58 am »
Played BL2 on the PS3. Graphics are a bit shinier but I'm seeing no real major differences like people wanted to claim. But that's just one game.

Yeah, generally that's the extent of the differences between two console versions. One version has better graphics (though generally only marginally) and might run at a more consistently high framerate, but gameplay is generally the same.

Yeah no I figured gameplay to be the same. Just the graphics was one of the things PS triple fanboys would squawk about and really I don't see much in the way of astounding differences.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #1578 on: January 16, 2013, 04:52:48 am »

Yeah no I figured gameplay to be the same. Just the graphics was one of the things PS triple fanboys would squawk about and really I don't see much in the way of astounding differences.

Honestly, not only are there games that look better on the 360, the differences are generally minimal and usually amount to slightly better textures.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1579 on: January 16, 2013, 04:57:19 am »
I've been playing Hitman Absolution.  The story itself sucks, but the Contracts Mode, where you can go through existing maps and designate your own targets (and how to kill them) is fun.  I just got my first, "How the **** did do you do this?" message.  Of course, as soon as I told the person, he/she proceeded to crush my score.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1580 on: January 16, 2013, 05:21:24 am »

Honestly, not only are there games that look better on the 360, the differences are generally minimal and usually amount to slightly better textures.

Yup. Definitely. But I'm also not obsessive to getting side-by-side stills even tho I can quite easily.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #1581 on: January 16, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »
Gotta say, this gen the real differences seem to be controler layout and online services. The hardware may have differences, but short the rrod or shitty ports I can't think of any serious differences in games.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #1582 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »
Next generation, when the Steam Box launches, that will be different. It will sell every game ever made at half price and run them, max graphics, at flawless resolution and frame rate and will provide blowjobs on command. For a small number of users it will cause super-AIDS and make their hands fall off.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1583 on: January 16, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »
Gotta say, this gen the real differences seem to be controler layout and online services. The hardware may have differences, but short the rrod or shitty ports I can't think of any serious differences in games.

Essentially. Still. I'm glad to be able to play the PS3 exclusives, now. Been meaning to forever.

&

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #1584 on: January 16, 2013, 08:10:16 pm »
Pandora's Tower coming to North America

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508587

Distind

« Reply #1585 on: January 16, 2013, 08:14:01 pm »
Next generation, when the Steam Box launches, that will be different. It will sell every game ever made at half price and run them, max graphics, at flawless resolution and frame rate and will provide blowjobs on command. For a small number of users it will cause super-AIDS and make their hands fall off.
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't tried to horn in on microsoft, they run Steam on Windows, why not Xbox?

Console sales profits are miserable compared to digital distribution. They'd make far more piggybacking than they would launching their own console. But I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't happened with windows 8 launching it's own app store.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1586 on: January 17, 2013, 12:41:55 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sMssgAQIs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sMssgAQIs</a>

Want!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1587 on: January 17, 2013, 12:51:46 am »
Frankly I'm surprised they haven't tried to horn in on microsoft, they run Steam on Windows, why not Xbox?

Console sales profits are miserable compared to digital distribution. They'd make far more piggybacking than they would launching their own console. But I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't happened with windows 8 launching it's own app store.
Windows (at least 7 and its predecessors) is an open platform. Xbox, on the other hand, is not and Microsoft would no sooner allow anyone to compete directly with Xbox Live than they'd all stick their own nutsacks to a block of ice and slide it down a mountain.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #1588 on: January 18, 2013, 03:30:58 am »
[Awesome looking Kamen Rider game that will never see the light of day outside Japan]

Want!

Same. Can we expand Operation Rainfall to include this?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1589 on: January 18, 2013, 06:04:40 am »
Playing the first God of War thanks to playstation's 'collections' line of games.

I really like it. I feel really bad for Kratos already and I'm not even half finished yet. I hear the third installment is extremely emotional.

&