Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517913 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2521 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49:23 pm »
I have a raging Sci-Fi hard on right now.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1BM9XRgvw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1BM9XRgvw</a>

EDIT:  This also pretty much seals that I'm playing Hunter class when this comes out.  Dat revolver.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:02:37 am by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2522 on: May 24, 2013, 02:21:04 am »
Get it for the PS4 so you can stick it to Microsoft.

Ironbite-funny...thought I swore of Sony for all time.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2523 on: May 24, 2013, 02:27:58 pm »
Defiance is having a free weekend on Steam and I noticed Payday The Heist 2 has gone on preorder.

Distind

« Reply #2524 on: May 24, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »
Defiance is having a free weekend on Steam and I noticed Payday The Heist 2 has gone on preorder.
I'm joining the hordes to attempt to kill the defiance servers once it finishes downloading, be happy to join anyone else. Steam name is Distind for anyone who doesn't already have me.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2525 on: May 24, 2013, 04:13:09 pm »
There's a bundle called Groupees Be Mine and it includes Patrician IV as well as Blood Bowl and Drakensang.

If you're looking for music they have music bundles as well.

Though I would suggest the current Game Music Bundle if you want music.

IndieGala also has their own weekly bundles same as humble.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2526 on: May 24, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »
So I'm playing Star Trek Online and I come out of a system and I look around me and I say to myself, "Awful lot of Romulan Warbirds round here."

Ironbite-seriously, Legacy of Romulus just dropped and people already have high tier ships.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2527 on: May 24, 2013, 05:04:11 pm »
So I'm playing Star Trek Online and I come out of a system and I look around me and I say to myself, "Awful lot of Romulan Warbirds round here."

Ironbite-seriously, Legacy of Romulus just dropped and people already have high tier ships.

That's how it goes. Unless the developers put all of the high level content behind gigantic restrictions and nigh-impossible challenges that even the brightest/most obsessive minds can't figure out due to the sheer difficulty, there WILL be people obsessive enough to grind until they get it nonstop.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2528 on: May 24, 2013, 05:21:09 pm »
Somehow, I accidentally bred Primeval and Noble bees in Minecraft.  I seriously do NOT know how that happened.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2529 on: May 24, 2013, 05:26:08 pm »

That's how it goes. Unless the developers put all of the high level content behind gigantic restrictions and nigh-impossible challenges that even the brightest/most obsessive minds can't figure out due to the sheer difficulty, there WILL be people obsessive enough to grind until they get it nonstop.

Happens in pretty much any MMO. I remember one time when one of the WoW expansions came out, I saw people at end game level in end game raid gear within TWO DAYS.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2530 on: May 24, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »
Same with regular multiplayer, especially the new Call of Duty games. Even people who didn't have access to leaked or beta content will make it to top levels within a day or two. Combine the fact that some people get beta access (especially with Black Ops 2), and you've got people with the absolute maximum level possible in the game ON RELEASE.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2531 on: May 24, 2013, 06:36:56 pm »
You do know that your account gets reset when the beta ends, right? It's supposed to, anyways. All the betas I've been a part of my stuff's been rolled back. Most notably with the Mass Effect 3 MP beta.

But yeah, you'll always find people who devote their time to getting to the top, and quickly. You don't even have to be good to do it, which is a kick in the pants for those who want to do it 'legitimately'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2532 on: May 24, 2013, 08:09:11 pm »
You do know that your account gets reset when the beta ends, right? It's supposed to, anyways. All the betas I've been a part of my stuff's been rolled back. Most notably with the Mass Effect 3 MP beta.

But yeah, you'll always find people who devote their time to getting to the top, and quickly. You don't even have to be good to do it, which is a kick in the pants for those who want to do it 'legitimately'.

That's one of the reasons I love Guild Wars...both of 'em.  Anyone can get ideally-statted gear with relative ease.  The expensive shit's just expensive because its pretty and/or requires rare materials to make, not because they provide any special bonuses.  Your power comes from properly combining gear, stats, skills, and tactics, not by how much money you've got in your bank.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2533 on: May 26, 2013, 10:09:58 am »
To this day I've never completed any of the Elder Scrolls games, I'd just get to a certain point and then lose interest. So I'm determined to finally finish one, but which one should I start with? Any but Skyrim, that one doesn't work on my machine.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2534 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:50 am »
To this day I've never completed any of the Elder Scrolls games, I'd just get to a certain point and then lose interest. So I'm determined to finally finish one, but which one should I start with? Any but Skyrim, that one doesn't work on my machine.
In my experience, Oblivion takes the least commitment of all of them, especially if you ignore the side quests and focus on the main story. If you can stomach the utterly retarded leveling system and enemy scaling, it's probably your best bet.