Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1653870 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #2880 on: October 01, 2013, 02:35:14 pm »
I was going to make a snide, cold blooded comment on how I feel about the upper echelon in the Vatican, and their reactions to the new pope's image building comments since his election. Instead, here is a deliciously conspiritard-ish but fascinating old article that popped up in a search for the shortest-lived papacy of recent years.  His sudden death caused a storm of Kennedy assassination-like speculation. Pope John Paul 1st was also viewed as a reformer, like Francis at least wants to publicly spin himself as being.

http://www.prose-n-poetry.com/display_work/10583/
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2881 on: October 01, 2013, 02:59:46 pm »
Well I disagree with the cartoon Francis is a total total douchebag who just claims to be a nice guy.  Like he wants nuns to have an expanded role but no female priests for example  not to mention who am i to judge gay people and yet will be declaring John Paull II a saint who judged gay people

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2882 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:43 pm »

IDK where to put this or if it has already been posted somewhere.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2883 on: October 01, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »

Tell me who banned Anne Frank's diary, so I can snap their spines in half!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2884 on: October 02, 2013, 12:01:20 am »

Tell me who banned Anne Frank's diary, so I can snap their spines in half!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diary_of_a_Young_Girl#Banning

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2885 on: October 02, 2013, 12:04:09 am »
^ I was going to point out that the Diary of Anne Frank has been challenged numerous times due to sexual themes. And then I read "homosexual themes" and I'm like "seriously?" Even in a state like Virginia?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2886 on: October 02, 2013, 12:19:30 am »
What homosexual themes does it have?

On a related note, who else here has heard of the Goku/Annefrank fanfiction where Goku battles super sayian Hitler? One has to wonder what compelled someone to write such a story.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2008/12/fan_ficition_friday_goku_and_anne_frank_in_until_t.php

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #2887 on: October 02, 2013, 12:24:15 am »
I'll confess, I did once consider writing a fanfic involving the Holocaust. It would have been a Buffy fic about a Slayer who was called while in the camps, and dies saving the world from the Thule Society. Dead Nazis would have featured prominently.

Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2888 on: October 02, 2013, 12:29:41 am »
I'll confess, I did once consider writing a fanfic involving the Holocaust. It would have been a Buffy fic about a Slayer who was called while in the camps, and dies saving the world from the Thule Society. Dead Nazis would have featured prominently.

That's a little different. Plenty of fictional stories have been written about Hitler getting his ass kicked. I think the old Justice League series had a scene where one of the heroes punched Hitler in the face. The thing is most are more tastefully done than Goku and Anne fighting super sayian Hitler.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2889 on: October 02, 2013, 12:49:53 pm »

That's a little different. Plenty of fictional stories have been written about Hitler getting his ass kicked. I think the old Justice League series had a scene where one of the heroes punched Hitler in the face. The thing is most are more tastefully done than Goku and Anne fighting super sayian Hitler.

I dunno bout the JLA, but the cover of the very first Captain America comic had Cap punching Hitler square in the freaking face.

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2890 on: October 02, 2013, 01:15:53 pm »

Sometimes, when in lie in bed at night, I have a terrible desire to feel my breasts and to listen to the rhythmic beat of my heart. I already had these kids of feelings subconsciously before I came here, because I remember that once when I slept with a girl friend I had a strong desire to kiss her, and that I did do so. I could not help being terrible inquisitive over her body, for she had always kept it hidden from me. I asked her weather, as proof of our friendship, we should fee one another's breasts, but she refused. I go into ecstasies every time I see the naked figure of a woman, such as Venus, for example. it strikes me as so wonderful and exquisite that i have difficulty in stopping the tears rolling down my cheeks.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #2891 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »

Sometimes, when in lie in bed at night, I have a terrible desire to feel my breasts and to listen to the rhythmic beat of my heart. I already had these kids of feelings subconsciously before I came here, because I remember that once when I slept with a girl friend I had a strong desire to kiss her, and that I did do so. I could not help being terrible inquisitive over her body, for she had always kept it hidden from me. I asked her weather, as proof of our friendship, we should fee one another's breasts, but she refused. I go into ecstasies every time I see the naked figure of a woman, such as Venus, for example. it strikes me as so wonderful and exquisite that i have difficulty in stopping the tears rolling down my cheeks.

Diary of Anne Frank, still better erotica than 50 Shades of Grey.

Seriously though, that actually sounds a lot more erotic than I was expecting. This is probably why at my school we never read the diary, but did read a play based on it. How old was she when she wrote the quote you posted?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2892 on: October 02, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »
She died when she was 16 but seeing as erotic fiction has been around forever (there are some creepy erotica in the Bible for perspective) I'm guessing she was probably 15

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #2893 on: October 02, 2013, 03:24:34 pm »
They also cut the sexual bits out of the high school play I saw a few months ago.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2894 on: October 02, 2013, 07:07:01 pm »
Worth noting that Anne Frank's dad excised those bits when he was initially preparing the diary for publication. They were later put back in.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.