Author Topic: The Alcohol Thread  (Read 15609 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: The Alcohol Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 06:14:03 pm »
My dad thinks I'm nuts cause I like sour apple schnapps. And I don't mix it with anything.

Why not? Put in some 99 apples, Apple cider, and Midori sour and you've got yourself a delicious drink. (serve on rocks)
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 06:17:25 pm »
My dad thinks I'm nuts cause I like sour apple schnapps. And I don't mix it with anything.

Why not? Put in some 99 apples, Apple cider, and Midori sour and you've got yourself a delicious drink. (serve on rocks)

Oh, that reminds me.  Hot apple cider with rum.  Mmmmmm.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2012, 06:22:21 pm »

Cause I like it on its own. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2012, 06:59:23 pm »
I'm the complete opposite of Star Cluster in alcohol tastes. I love beer, except for lambics. I don't care for stuff like Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc. I've yet to come across a white wine I like, or a sweet wine. I love dry reds, though.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:39 pm »
Anyone up for legit Scandinavian mead? I dated a guy who brewed his own.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 11:02:54 pm »
I'm the complete opposite of Star Cluster in alcohol tastes. I love beer, except for lambics. I don't care for stuff like Smirnoff Ice, Mike's Hard Lemonade, etc. I've yet to come across a white wine I like, or a sweet wine. I love dry reds, though.

You're right, SimSim, That's about as opposite as it can get.  But that's okay, I won't hold it against you.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2012, 11:15:21 pm »
There are some wines I like, but my favorite type is a Riesling.  They are usually semi-sweet without being too sweet.  Don't like a dry wine worth a damn. Don't care for red wines much at all.  Favorite wine of all?  Principato Rosata at Olive Garden.  If you look hard enough, you can find the Principato line of wines in some wine shops without paying the premium price at OG.
Riesling! <3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2012, 02:49:53 am »
Generally my drink of choice is beer (the stronger and more bitter the better), but I do enjoy some hard stuff as well.  I'll often have sake or a Jack and gingerale, but I don't mind some of the fruity stuff either.  Fucking love me a lemontini.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline MisterMuncher

• 6061 Aluminium Chef
  • Neonate
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 01:29:41 pm »
Shockingly, I like beer. And Whiskey, and red wine. But mainly beer. Hoppy, strongly flavoured beer. I'll drink tins of Carlsberg or suchlike cooking beer at a party, but really, I prefer things with a bit more tang about them.

I pass a great booze shop every day going to/coming from work, but as I cycle, and live up a really (really, really, fucking) steep hill, I've begun to gravitate toward stronger brews simply to have less to carry. Brewdog Hardcore IPA is a big favourite, as it's about 9%ABV but still really tasty. Only needing 5 or 6 to get pleasantly toasted is pretty advantageous, too.

I don't do mixed drinks much. I make my own alcoholic Ginger ale, which I use mainly to rescue shitty Whiskey.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »

Unless you live in Scandinavia you're nuts

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35:45 pm »

Unless you live in Scandinavia you're nuts

I acquired it from Germany. lol

Also, I tried this new Bud Light Platinum. Uh... stay away from it. It's pure water. I was wanting a light beer and... I should've asked for water, I guess. Or Bud in general...

Blue Moon was good, tho.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 12:56:38 pm »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:14 pm »
It can also save you from a stroke, apparently.

&