Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274199 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1785 on: January 05, 2020, 02:31:29 am »
It's completely suitable to fight climate change.I get what he's saying but that was phrased rather poorly.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #1786 on: January 07, 2020, 09:34:08 am »

"Gays existing is literally causing society to collapse. Am I right, my fellow alt-right neckbeards?"
Stop the timeline, I wanna get off.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #1787 on: January 12, 2020, 09:59:15 pm »
This shameful liason does not deserve prison

I know this is a double post, but this is so... disgusting that I have to deal with it. In fact, I'm going to make a breakdown of it to show how bad it is.

Looking at the case of Madeleine Martin, the 39-year-old RE teacher and mother of two, jailed for 32 months and placed on the sex offenders' register for sleeping with a 15-year-old male pupil, do we seriously think that a female teacher sleeping with a male pupil is on a par with a male teacher sleeping with a girl pupil? I don't. And neither, I'd wager, would most 15-year-old boys.

Well, at least she lets the reader know what they're getting into right away.

The issue shouldn't be taken lightly. All teachers, male and female, are in a position of trust and should not abuse it, though reading of Martin and the boy having sex in car parks, of her buying him mobile phones and tattoos with her name on "so he wouldn't forget her", of her failing marriage and terminally ill sister, Martin seems more pathetic than predatory.

"Yeah, she molested a teenager, but..."

Certainly, she has been severely punished for her nine-day tryst with the teenager, who, his mother says, has been mocked by peers. If anything, one would have thought they might be jealous. The internet is awash with sites dealing with "older woman teacher-pupil" fantasies.

I don't doubt it. But there are also a lot of teenage girls who fantasize about sleeping with a hot male teacher. There's an important difference between sexual fantasies about sex offenses and actual sex offenses: one is a harmless romp in the bedroom, and the other is an utterly depraved crime.

Why are you trying to justify this based on sex fantasies? Lots of women have rape fantasies, that doesn't mean it's not wrong to actually rape them! This is not hard to understand.

And there lies the rub – should the law be treating male and female pupil victims equally when male and female teenagers are so different?

Whether we like it or not, secondary schools are hubs of teenage sexuality. However, while girl and boy teenagers deserve the same protection, crucially what they want seems very different.

There are always exceptions, but surely one of the essential differences between the teenage sexes lies in the onset and manifestation of sexuality. Which is a posh way of saying that teenage boys mainly want sex, while teenage girls mainly want attention. Likewise, while teenage boys are usually sexually driven, teenage girls tend to be validation-driven.

This seemed to be the case when I was supping my can of Vimto in the fifth form common room trying (and failing) to look alluring and still rings true today.

...And? Even if this is true, how does that mitigate what this predator did?

When I interviewed young people on this topic, it was clear: girls (still) only invited censure by being sexually active, while for boys it was (still) win-win: excitement, experience ("practice," one called it), bragging rights, kudos.]When I interviewed young people on this topic, it was clear: girls (still) only invited censure by being sexually active, while for boys it was (still) win-win: excitement, experience ("practice," one called it), bragging rights, kudos.

Care to give details about this "study" of yours? Assuming you even conducted it at all? You're a rape apologist, I'm not giving you any goddamn slack.

From here, it is not too much of a leap to surmise that sexual contact with a teacher would have entirely different effects on the teenage sexes. For most boys, it would be the score of all scores, for girls, the ultimate exploitation of their genetic vulnerability.

While a large proportion of teenage boys may not have the sense to make the best choices, they are "up for it," none the less. This is why, in my view, a male teacher sleeping with a girl pupil amounts to statutory rape, whereas a female teacher sleeping with a 15-year-old male is a far greyer moral area.

Okay, I can't keep calm anymore. This is fucking vile.

Would it be a "moral gray area" to rape a slut? How would you feel about being a teenage boy, getting molested by a female teacher, and being told you're not a REAL victim because you have a dick?!

Even from the perpetrator's side there seems to be a gender difference. Most would agree that a male with a 15-year-old girl would be all about sex. With Martin, (the mobiles, the tattoo "so he wouldn't forget her"), it seems painfully apparent that in her own damaged, wrong-headed way, she was attempting to mimic a proper relationship.

You're being far too generous to this bitch. I'd say she was manipulating him. Grooming him like the molester she is.

Maybe it is time for society to address this issue honestly. Why do we blithely accept that "men and women are different", but refuse to acknowledge that the teenage sexes are also different? Does anyone believe that males and females suddenly become different, at, say, 21?

I have a better question.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?! A RAPE IS A RAPE IS A RAPE!

Once we accept this difference, the justification for the equality of punishment starts blurring. In Martin's case, with her hefty prison sentence, and placement on the sex offenders' register, she has effectively been punished exactly the same as a man. What we have to ask ourselves now, is, knowing what we do about teenage boys, do women like her always commit exactly the same crime?

...Wow. It's not often you see somebody pretty much come right out and say "we want equality, but not when it might be bad for us." Unfortunately, saying sex crimes are less serious when it's a male victim and a female perpetrator is far more common.

Maddy is a worthless waste of oxygen. A walking argument for after-birth abortion. And so are you, Barb. As far as I'm concerned, you can go fuck yourself. Cunt.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:18:07 am by Vanto »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1788 on: January 13, 2020, 12:22:36 am »
It seems a bit off, particularly seeing as  I understood the suggestion that most of Epstein's victims were 17 years old (including the girl who slept with Prince Andrew).

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1789 on: January 13, 2020, 12:25:55 am »
I had a feeling this Barbara Ellen was a TERF because a bunch of Guardian column-writing self-declared "feminist" rape apologists tend to be and while there's nothing conclusive yet I've definitely found some pretty questionable shit that indicates she may be.

http://archive.md/3REJK
Even when ostensibly criticizing Germaine Greer's awful comments on rape (oh how ironic given the circumstances in the post above) she can't help but describe the older woman as, and I quote: a "fiendishly brainy, internationally celebrated feminist academic"

http://archive.md/s8I8y
She thinks parents should be allowed to spy on their kids, which is a little weird tbh.

http://archive.md/hmIWz
She really hates nudity (I've found several article like this, and they always include jabs at FEMEN, a feminist activist group.)

http://archive.md/36QRU
"Some women seem to be transforming their mate simply to render him repulsive to the opposite sex" is a REALLY fucking weird article.

http://archive.md/rwnsf
She left the Labor party in part because "moderate" became an insult. Lord knows what she would have thought of MLK's comments about how the white moderates were letting him down.

Can't find any conclusive TERFiness, but I definitely got a huge whiff of the typical "Guardian Lib" vibes. The kind of person who is just kind of trapped in a very specific bubble of thought and lashes out at people & groups to their left for being a little too uppity. So it's not surprising their are some issues (like what Vanto posted about) where they just have weird conservative opinions that old that women somehow can't also be predators.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1790 on: January 13, 2020, 01:09:42 am »
OKay so um I found another wild one: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/dec/30/aubrey-ireland-helicopter-parents-nightmare-children (http://archive.md/3yz7x)

Pity 21-year-old Aubrey Ireland, a music student at the University of Cincinnati, who's just won a restraining order against her parents. They must now stay at least 500 yards from her and make no contact until next autumn. Despite Ms Ireland sounding like an exemplary student, the parents installed spyware software on her mobile and computer and regularly arrived unannounced at her university. They accused her of being promiscuous and on drugs and informed her tutors she had mental health issues.

All of which has reignited the longstanding debate about helicopter parents, the overprotective control freaks who hover over their children's lives, even after they become adults, unable or unwilling to let go. Except now the oft-maligned helicopters have been re-branded "stalker parents", which, this extreme case aside, sounds a bit rude.

I've pondered before on helicopter parents, who I'm sure exist, but are perhaps outnumbered by the lesser known lifeboat parents, whose only crime is endlessly to fish their children out of messes, however much they'd rather be sitting down with a tumbler of Baileys, watching Homeland. Oh hang on, they're just parents.

I even feel a modicum of sympathy for the misguided parents of Aubrey Ireland. I've been there – well, not quite so extreme – in the shivering, crazy-eyed, cold dark wastelands of parental paranoia. Once you've been there, the idea of stalker parenting doesn't sound pretty, but it doesn't seem unthinkable either.

What smug "Oh I would never do that" parents of younger children don't realise is that older children (glorious, autonomous, often preternaturally idiotic) can drive a person literally insane with anxiety.

I actually feel sorry for new parents and their terrible innocence. Do they genuinely believe that getting through nappies and sleepless nights signals the end of the most difficult stressful part of parenting? Please excuse me while I lean back in my chair and emit a ghastly hollow laugh that barely sounds human.

As for all this ill-mannered talk of stalking, who's stalking whom exactly? While some parents might deserve the label, what about stalker children who don't leave their parents alone? We all know of the failure to launch phenomenon, where reasonably solvent, capable adult children opt never to leave home. Then there are the ones who leave, but, justifiably or otherwise, require endless bankrolling. That's financial stalking. Even when they become parents themselves, it doesn't stop. When I first started selfishly exploiting the good nature of my child's grandparents, it was relatively unusual. These days, it's on the verge of being mandatory.

Some people won't even get a break between parenting and grandparenting. Having a large gap between my children, I could easily end up looking after a grandchild before I've even finished buying Ikea shoe-hangers for the youngest to take to university or prison. I've worked out that I may have as little as 25 minutes, enough for a quick flick through Grazia, before another round of childrearing begins. And with the amount of people starting second, even third, families, I'm far from alone. Gone are the days when grandchildren were perceived as a second chance, another shot – these days, it's just as likely to be a continuum. Let's call it gestational stalking.

The point is that, while all the focus is on children unable to escape from parents, sometimes it's not that simple. People can bang on about helicopters, but sometimes the helicopter stops its hysterical hovering and lands, or indeed crashes; either way, it gets to the ground and stays there. Similarly, most parent stalkers are likely to snap out of it, realising they're no longer needed in quite the same way. So my sympathies to Ms Ireland in Cincinnati, but probably she would agree that this was rather an extreme case. In general, the truth is more complex and, where the stalking is concerned, far from one-sided.

Decided to bold the most... fascinating parts of this because thats quite a jinkies thesis we have going on here. Like... financial stalking? You fuckin what mate?

It's SUPER fucking creepy to use this whataboutism when it comes to stalking or abusing and manipulating grown children.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1791 on: January 24, 2020, 03:22:17 am »
Although normally the age of consent is 16 in Finland, there is a special exception that if the older person is in a position of power (like a teacher/student relationship) then the age of consent is raised to 18 because that 16 year old is still so young that they might get manipulated by a person who has authority over them.

...So the teacher/student thing would have been seen as even worse in Finland.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1792 on: January 24, 2020, 10:02:20 am »
I think most places have the "position of authority" exception when it comes to age-of-consent laws...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1793 on: January 28, 2020, 03:13:20 am »
I just found this google photo collection and I'm amazed at the content of it all. It's all kinds of bigotry and other awful social media trends. Racism, classism, sexism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-semitism, xenophobia, conspiracy theory, unrepentant harassment, wishing death, even to the point of threatening it, body shaming of various flavors, fervently cult-like deification of anyone but Bernie or Warren, who are both demonized throughout. You name it and there's probably a screencap for that!

All motivated by hating Bernie Sanders and progressives, believing in the lie that Sanders is a "russian plant" or "ruined the 2016 election" among other things, and taking it out on his prominent black associates, especially women like Nina Turner & Brie Joy.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOieaGhgmp-BFkEGXBTz8SaigFHjpCczlM2_UEP7nz0dDt6_lfZ6NWBlEBhThp79g?key=YTdLbmpoa00wcExHZFI2OElKMENWTWg4ZTJMX1ZB

This shit is so toxic and somehow most of the discourse on checkmark twitter is about how bad rabid Bernie supporters are, how the left is basically the MAGA twitter people, and I truly believe that feeds into people's negative assumptions and lets them morally justify behaving this horrendously.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #1794 on: January 28, 2020, 12:26:51 pm »
I just found this google photo collection and I'm amazed at the content of it all. It's all kinds of bigotry and other awful social media trends. Racism, classism, sexism, ageism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-semitism, xenophobia, conspiracy theory, unrepentant harassment, wishing death, even to the point of threatening it, body shaming of various flavors, fervently cult-like deification of anyone but Bernie or Warren, who are both demonized throughout. You name it and there's probably a screencap for that!

All motivated by hating Bernie Sanders and progressives, believing in the lie that Sanders is a "russian plant" or "ruined the 2016 election" among other things, and taking it out on his prominent black associates, especially women like Nina Turner & Brie Joy.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOieaGhgmp-BFkEGXBTz8SaigFHjpCczlM2_UEP7nz0dDt6_lfZ6NWBlEBhThp79g?key=YTdLbmpoa00wcExHZFI2OElKMENWTWg4ZTJMX1ZB

This shit is so toxic and somehow most of the discourse on checkmark twitter is about how bad rabid Bernie supporters are, how the left is basically the MAGA twitter people, and I truly believe that feeds into people's negative assumptions and lets them morally justify behaving this horrendously.

From my viewpoint, Bernie has two major flaws that should really make people stop and think about what a cabinet built by him would look like:

• He absolutely, ABSOLUTELY sucks at vetting people.
  • He really doesn't like to admit mistakes.

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #1795 on: February 05, 2020, 11:50:44 am »

I gotta say, this is the first time I've seen somebody use "Saracen" outside a historical context.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1796 on: February 05, 2020, 02:58:09 pm »
If he's trying to invoke images of the Crusades, he's barking up the very wrong tree; the crusades were less about white supremacy and more about white people repeatedly either kicking each other around for being the wrong kind of Christian or getting their asses kicked by the various Islamic forces there.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #1797 on: February 09, 2020, 03:48:48 pm »
I found this cringeworthy Daily Mail article by Graham Linehan. Not only have I added it to the main page, I'm gonna break it down here:

Today I am one of the most loathed figures on the internet. My speaking events have been cancelled. I have been sued. The police have visited my home and former friends have turned their backs on me.

Yet I’m the man who wrote the much-loved Father Ted! Why is it that I’ve become so suddenly unpopular?

Father Ted was just as much Arthur Mathews' baby as yours.

More to the point, working on a beloved TV series doesn't absolve you of any wrongs you may have committed. See also Jimmy Savile, Bill Cosby and Louis C.K. Extreme examples, I know, but the same principle applies.

The thought crime for which I have been tried and found guilty is that I believe biological reality exists.

I believe women are females. I believe everyone should be able to present themselves as they wish but that women’s hard-won rights must not be compromised for the benefit of men suffering body dysphoria – which is to say men who feel they are stuck in the wrong body.

And you're front-loading this article with unscientific claims that trans people are just delusional. We're off to a great start, aren't we?

Most of all, I believe that gender ideology, in its currently fashionable form, is dangerous, incoherent nonsense.

I believe trans people –those unfortunate enough to suffer body dysphoria – are having their condition exploited and trivialised by abusive, controlling and authoritarian trans rights activists. And I think women and children are suffering because of it.

Worst of all, I say so, loudly. This makes me Public Enemy No 1.

Your victim complex is as transparent as it is pathetic. Climb down from that cross.

I make my arguments forcefully because I’m concerned, sometimes with humour because I’m a comedy writer and often while cursing, because I’m Irish. It’s the humour they hate most. It’s kryptonite to these activists.

"Why do people think I'm an asshole? All I do is act like one!"

I’m 51 and I’ve never seen anything like the authoritarianism on display, the desperate desire to shut down the conversation. No genuine civil-rights movement advances in secret but this one has as one of its mantras ‘NO DEBATE’.

Stop pretending you want to have a conversation, Glinner. If the shoe were on the other foot, you and yours would be doing pretty much the same things, if not worse.

So, while we are in a world where male sexual offenders in bad wigs assault female prisoners,

Citation needed.

where rape crisis centres are defunded because they won’t admit men

Rape crisis centers should admit men. After all, men can be rape victims too.

and where a bloke in a full beard tells schoolchildren that he’s a lesbian, we’re informed with venomous aggression that we may not talk about any of it.

No debate? Oh, there’s going to be a debate all right.

Be careful what you wish for, Glinny-boy.

The popular opinion among my detractors is that I’m cherry-picking negative stories to mask a hatred of trans people. In fact, I first came to this debate because I saw women being bullied, losing their jobs and suffering the most intense online harassment I’d ever seen, and I wanted to stand beside them.

Nobody forced you to white-knight for TERFs.

Also, as a writer, I couldn’t watch as one of the most important words in the English language, the word ‘woman’, was being changed against the will of those whom it defined.

Oh really? Why are you presuming to know what all women want?

Suddenly, everywhere you looked, women were being erased, insulted or endangered. Amnesty referring to pregnant women as ‘pregnant people’. Productions of The Vagina Monologues closing because they excluded ‘women who don’t have vaginas’. Women’s toilets disappearing from public life – even though they were introduced to ensure that women could have a public life.

What does that last part even mean?

Worst of all, I saw the lack of compassion or empathy for the vulnerable women who are often at the sharp end of the new Gender Theocracy.

The four women attacked in prison by a male sex offender in 2018 (who everyone had to call ‘Karen’ or they were committing a hate crime) are four women too many.

We don't live in a perfect world, and we'll probably never be able to eradicate sex crime entirely. Never heard of that case, so I don't really know enough to comment on what happened. Maybe there was something that could have been done to prevent that assault, but what Karen did doesn't justify calling her a man.

Women in prison often have a history of abuse at the hands of men. Whatever they’ve done, they are entitled to safety from the type of men who helped put them there.

Looks like the transphobia wasn't enough, so he decided to throw in some gratuitous sexism. This is sexist against both women and men: against women because it implies that female criminals lack agency; and against men because it implies that only they commit acts of violence against women.

Rational people – and that includes rational trans people – are dismayed by those who have now taken over trans activism.

Body dysphoria is no longer seen as central or even necessary for those who decide to adopt a so-called trans identity.

To see just how elastic and meaningless the word ‘trans’ has become, one only has to look at the definition adopted by the Stonewall lobby group: ‘Trans people may describe themselves using one or more of a wide variety of terms, including (but not limited to) transgender, transsexual, gender-queer (GQ), gender-fluid, non-binary, gender-variant, crossdresser, genderless, agender, nongender, third gender, bi-gender, trans man, trans woman, trans masculine, trans feminine and neutrois.’

Neutrois, I discovered, literally just means ‘androgynous’. So androgynous people are trans. That’ll be news to Bake Off presenter Noel Fielding.

Under Stonewall’s definition, everyone is trans, and no one is. A cross-dresser such as banker Philip Bunce, who adopts the female persona ‘Pippa’ for only a few days every week, nevertheless receives the honour of being named by the Financial Times as one of its top 100 women in business.

Maybe you have a point here, I've seen a lot of debate about exactly what belongs under the trans umbrella, but coming from a guy who doesn't think any form of transgenderism is valid...

This was seen as progress, a step forward for women. In fact, it is an insult to women and to those suffering from body dysphoria.

Says the guy who calls people with dysphoria mentally ill men. Take that log out of your eye.

In order to maintain the fantasy that our sex is unconnected to our bodies, the truth must be bent and beaten in the fire of academic language. That is why trans activists talk about sex being ‘assigned at birth’ – an abuse of language, if ever I heard one.

Is the sex of a newborn ‘assigned’ by a capricious midwife? Of course not. Rather it is observed and recorded as a matter of fact.

‘Assigned’ is one of the more successful hijackings of English achieved by gender ideologues, yet you will hear it parroted across many organisations from the NHS to the BBC – the sort of institution where you really would expect people to know better.

Why should I listen to you over medical professionals? You're no different from Jenny McCarthy expecting her mouth diarrhea about vaccines and autism to be taken seriously.

Before I knew how toxic trans rights activism was, I wrote an episode of my Channel 4 sitcom The IT Crowd with a trans character. The response was more venomous than I was used to, but as bad as it was, at least I was allowed to write it. That was in 2013.

In 2020, such an episode would never air. And that is because the first generation who didn’t go out to play have grown up to become clones of Mary Whitehouse. The new puritans.

I haven't seen that episode, but judging by your opinions, I'm guessing it's offensive in a very mean-spirited, unpleasant way. Politically incorrect humor can be funny, but when someone's prejudices bleed into it...

I am not new to outrage. There was fury on the part of some when we first released Father Ted but the executives we had were made of strong stuff and ignored the attacks. The same goes for The IT Crowd, Brass Eye, Black Books, and I guess a few comedies I haven’t worked on.

I’m worried we’re entering an era of pre-chewed, prissy art that offends no one.

Where was this free speech advocacy when Count Dankula was facing legal action over a stupid pet trick? You're not taking any kind of principled stand, you just don't like the monster coming for you.

But it’s not comedy writers who are the victims of all this: it is women who are the real casualties.

Gender ideology is a disaster for women. They are expected to make room for men in their changing rooms and their safe spaces.

They are being robbed of the language to describe their reality by unintelligible academic ‘gender experts’, by teenagers encouraging each other online, by parents who are profoundly mistaken, and by well-meaning people who, confused by the ever-changing terminology, still believe they are defending what used to be called transsexuals.

All these forces working together are, whether they know it or not, providing a smokescreen for fetishists, conmen and misogynists to pursue their own agenda.

You're a patronizing, paranoid, bigoted nitwit.

In years to come, we will look back at this scandal, at the ruined bodies, the confused crime statistics, the weakening of safeguarding and the rollback of women’s rights and wonder how it was left to go on for so long.

Why am I not surprised that the guy with a martyr complex thinks history will vindicate him?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1798 on: February 15, 2020, 01:38:16 am »

This just in: Women in USA have absolutely no responsibilities. They are excempt from all laws and do not need to pay taxes, do jury duty or wait at lines in stores.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vanto

• Bishop
« Reply #1799 on: February 16, 2020, 10:05:09 pm »

Not only is this guy a bloodthirsty psychopath, he's an ignoramus. Wars since 1945 have been increasingly rare and they're generally not as large-scale or bloody as they used to be.