Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509322 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1365 on: December 02, 2012, 11:53:13 am »
My wife got us a Wii and Skylanders Giants for Christmas. We decided to go ahead and give it to ourselves (rather than wait for Christmas) so her brother and sister-in-law don't think her parents got us the Wii.

Now I have to go back and actually look at Wii games, since I have been ignoring them for years. (I do know I am getting a Wii Fit Plus, and Epic Mickey 1 & 2.)
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #1366 on: December 02, 2012, 02:15:51 pm »
I played Playstation All-Stars Bttle Royale on my friend's PS3 yesterday. It's excellent. It looks a lot like Smash Bros., but it plays pretty differently, with a focus on awesome combos.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
« Reply #1367 on: December 02, 2012, 02:59:33 pm »
My wife got us a Wii and Skylanders Giants for Christmas. We decided to go ahead and give it to ourselves (rather than wait for Christmas) so her brother and sister-in-law don't think her parents got us the Wii.

Now I have to go back and actually look at Wii games, since I have been ignoring them for years. (I do know I am getting a Wii Fit Plus, and Epic Mickey 1 & 2.)

A notable one was Muramasa: The Demon Blade, if you like hack-and-slashy actiony/platformy gameplay. It also has rather amazing artwork, looking much like you're playing a vividly colored old Japanese painting.

Saturn500

« Reply #1368 on: December 02, 2012, 05:36:15 pm »
Don't forget Rhythm Heaven Fever!

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1369 on: December 02, 2012, 06:55:22 pm »
Been playing Sonic Adventure 2 for about 10 hours already according to steam, half that time has been in the chao gardens, somehow I have forgotten how long it takes for a chao to evolve into a hero or dark chao.  But while I was stamina training them by forcefeeding them fruits they eventually did.  Now I have the additional gardens open and have more room for more chao.  Who wants a chao named after them?

Saturn500

« Reply #1370 on: December 02, 2012, 09:30:24 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Chao naming service is randomized. Or maybe that isn't the case in the PC version. If you can actually enter a Chao's name yourself on the PC, I want one named after me, please!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1371 on: December 02, 2012, 09:31:51 pm »
Been playing Sonic Adventure 2 for about 10 hours already according to steam, half that time has been in the chao gardens, somehow I have forgotten how long it takes for a chao to evolve into a hero or dark chao.  But while I was stamina training them by forcefeeding them fruits they eventually did.  Now I have the additional gardens open and have more room for more chao.  Who wants a chao named after them?

If you can, will you use my alternate username OWNi and show it to us? :3

Edited because "Derp, how do I question mark?"

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1372 on: December 02, 2012, 10:09:57 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Chao naming service is randomized. Or maybe that isn't the case in the PC version. If you can actually enter a Chao's name yourself on the PC, I want one named after me, please!

You go to the fortune teller and say no to the randomized name, then no again to try again, then it will ask if you want to input a name yourself.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1373 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:03 am »
Here are the newest chaos of the garden.  OWNi and Saturn

Oh, and The Secret World is starting up a ARG based around the end of the world

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1374 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:58 am »
Maybe someone should tell them that announcing an ARG is a big fuckoff case of Doing It Wrong. If your target player base can't find it via a proper rabbit hole, then they've no business playing ARGs in the first place.

Distind

« Reply #1375 on: December 04, 2012, 06:20:27 am »
Maybe someone should tell them that announcing an ARG is a big fuckoff case of Doing It Wrong. If your target player base can't find it via a proper rabbit hole, then they've no business playing ARGs in the first place.
Or they actually wanted people to find it and get their money out of making it happen... It is rather short notice. Or is this going to be one of those hardcore gamer argument deallies?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1376 on: December 04, 2012, 06:37:40 am »
Or they actually wanted people to find it and get their money out of making it happen... It is rather short notice. Or is this going to be one of those hardcore gamer argument deallies?
It just seems like lazy design on the creator's part. An ARG that just blatantly announces its presence just ruins the atmosphere of the whole thing. The ever brilliant Extra Credits sums it up far better than I ever could.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU4AYPdIOw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU4AYPdIOw</a>

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1377 on: December 04, 2012, 08:00:37 am »
MAH BOYFRIEND GAVE ME A GAMING COMPUTER

So far I am playing
Arma 2
Empire Total War
Borderlands 2
Amnesia
Company of Heroes

Been too long since I've been in this thread <3
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1378 on: December 04, 2012, 05:59:37 pm »
I haven't played a good RPG in ages, does anybody have any recommendations? there is a massive backlog of SNES RPG's I've yet to play, but I don't know where to start. My computer isn't that great either, so it limits what I can try.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1379 on: December 04, 2012, 06:57:57 pm »
I haven't played a good RPG in ages, does anybody have any recommendations? there is a massive backlog of SNES RPG's I've yet to play, but I don't know where to start. My computer isn't that great either, so it limits what I can try.
I'd highly recommend the original (Black Isle) Fallout games, as well as Arcanum and Planescape: Torment. Just add the fanmade patches and content restoration and you're good.