Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508776 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1395 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:31 pm »
If ya lookin for a decent old-timey western RPG series to play, I highly recommend the Ultima series.  In fact, quite a few of the early games are free on GOG, and the latter ones (like VII, easily one of the best games of all time) are still pretty cheap, weighing in at around $6.  Cheap, not graphically intensive in the slightest, and looooooots of play time, lemme yell ya.  Hell, just Ultima IV will have you playing for at least a few weeks before you beat it, and that's even with a fair piece of foreknowledge.

I actually bought all the Ultima games when they were on sale, really enjoyed Ultima Underworld but had trouble getting into Ultima VII, probably a side-effect of being born in the 90's but it just struck me as confusing. I'm certainly going to give it a second look after I'm done with The Witcher.

Aah, aye, the gameplay can be a bit confusing, coming in for the first time.  Also, I loveeeeeeed Underworld.  The first thing that endeared me to Looking Glass Studios.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1396 on: December 07, 2012, 12:49:17 am »
I apparently make a terrible sith. Even myself tells me so:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwv2rMmVBnI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwv2rMmVBnI</a>

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1397 on: December 07, 2012, 01:55:28 am »
Hotline Miami is 50% off on Steam right now. I must say, I'm tempted, though I really shouldn't be spending money until I've finished my Christmas shopping.

Sigh, this going to bug me all weekend...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1398 on: December 07, 2012, 02:10:53 am »
Hotline Miami is 50% off on Steam right now. I must say, I'm tempted, though I really shouldn't be spending money until I've finished my Christmas shopping.

DUDE.  So worth it.  So so worth it.  Its one of the only games that can successfully distract me from both Minecraft and Guild Wars 2.  And that's almost impossible.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1399 on: December 07, 2012, 04:22:49 am »
The Legacy of Kain trilogy has just been released on steam. Are they any good?

They also finally threw Mabinogi on there as well, that was no surprise given how many Nexon games are on Steam.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:25:44 am by syaoranvee »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1400 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:32 am »
I've got Blood omen 2 and Legacy of Cain: Defiance and must say that I love the storyline. I never managed to find the rest of the series but I've watched walktrhoughs of them and must say that they looked good.

I seriously love the whole character of Raziel, that is how you do a brooding vampire. None of this glittery sparkly bishie crap. If he is supposed to be sad about his "hideous curse and monstrous body" then tear off his jaw and make him look like it as well.

Might buy some of them from Steam if I can spare the money.

(For the record, on some sites I use the username Raziel partly because of this series.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Saturn500

« Reply #1401 on: December 07, 2012, 03:57:08 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFY6e1b4hSk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFY6e1b4hSk</a>

I hope ArcSys gets the PS3 version done already so they can take my money.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1402 on: December 07, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »

Also on Amazon. I have credit in my account so it's free, which is why I knew.

EDIT- I went ahead and bought it cause I had $7 credit for game downloads on Amazon and when I did... I got $5 credit applied to my account. It cost $5. I... okay.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:39:17 am by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1403 on: December 08, 2012, 05:50:02 am »
Dark Souls 2 was just announced! If this erection persists for more than 72 hours, I'm gonna have to go to the hospital.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1404 on: December 08, 2012, 07:14:04 am »
Allow me to vent about something minor about a not-so-great MMO, known as Forsaken World.

There is a Bard class in the game.  It's part nuker, part support.  One of the interesting things is that by casting your songspells in a certain order, you cause musical effects that buff you and your allies.

The problem is in the "song" and "musical" aspects of it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkroQ6eTAmw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkroQ6eTAmw</a>

Congratulations for turning one of the few good concepts about your game into a snoozefest because your musical class isn't very musical.

That is all.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1405 on: December 08, 2012, 12:24:53 pm »
So I downloaded the new Skyrim dlc Dragonborn.  So far I like the dlc, but I've ran into my first gamebreaking glitch with Skyrim.  I'm doing my run through of the first main quest dungeon for the dlc, and am about 3/4 of the way through it.  There's this one room where you have to search for a hidden switch so you can advance and whenever I start searching the game freezes after like a minute. Every, single, time.  It's actually kinda pissing me off.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1406 on: December 09, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »
I am closely following a game by the name of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch which is a game being made by Level-5 studios  (Creators of Professor Layton) and Studio Ghibli this game is going to be either the greatest PS3 game I have played since Heavy Rain or a major disappointment I'm hoping its the former.

Saturn500

« Reply #1407 on: December 09, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »
I've been wondering why I haven't pre-ordered it yet, considering I've known about it since it was announced.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1408 on: December 09, 2012, 05:59:17 pm »
I find myself trying to do more missions and I'm redo'ing the boss fight in the Pirate's Booty DLC for Borderlands 2. Mainly cause I want to get to at least 40 before I do the final fight in the main game.

I'm level 36 now and it's really slow going. But I'm doing a bunch of challenges and such that is boosting my damage and such. Grinding is a chore I forgot was a staple of the Borderlands games.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #1409 on: December 09, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-OMrOxyso</a>

YES! YES!