Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1509895 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1515 on: December 28, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »
I decided to play GTA III again. It's been far too long since I killed some hookers.

...And that wins the "most ominous and easily misintepreted stamend I heard this week" reward.

Applause for the winner.

;)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1516 on: December 28, 2012, 07:14:56 pm »
PS+ also comes with cloud storage for your save files.

EDIT: Oh, yeah and those free games will only last as long as you have PS+, so once your trial period is up, you'll need to shell out money for a PS+ subscription in order to keep playing them.

That sounds positively stupid considering with 360 you get to keep the free gold games and play them as much as you bloody well please. In fact the idea that you have to pay to keep playing an entirely singleplayer game has to be the dumbest thing in the world I've heard in the past week.

Also I don't give a hoot about cloud storage so.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #1517 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:51 pm »
PS+ users also get access to betas and hour-long free trials.

And as for the cloud storage, after I broke my original PS3 in an act of outright stupidity and lost all of my saves, I give a shitload of fucks about cloud storage these days. Of course, you seem like a calm person, so that probably doesn't apply to you.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1518 on: December 28, 2012, 08:11:11 pm »
1) I already looked at everything PS+ offers. When I said what I said about the games, that is literally the only thing I gave a crap about and I don't do betas anymore for many reasons, some of which because nobody really understands what a beta actually is. Hence why I only mentioned one of the things that interested me. Everything else is just stuff I won't use and feel no reason to pay for.
2) I don't like cloud storage. At all. And the fact that I'd have to keep my PS+ going just in case of 'something drastic happening' when I have other ways of saving my files... well.
3) I don't even plan on gaming on my PS3 as often as I do my 360 so getting yet another subscription when I'm already shelling out for netflix and such like, things I won't even use much gets a backseat.

So yeah.

Either way I have the Mass Effect trilogy set up. I need to debate buying Arrival (ME2) and From Ashes+Leviathan+Omega (ME3) or just not worrying about it. All of the DLC has trophies tacked on but I'm not really into such stuff as much as I used to be.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1519 on: December 29, 2012, 01:08:50 am »
Am I the only one screaming for March to get here faster so PSO2 will finally be out in the states?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1520 on: December 29, 2012, 04:56:26 am »
My parents bought me Dishonored for Christmas.  I just started it, so it's too early to have an opinion. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #1521 on: December 29, 2012, 08:05:13 am »
I know it's an old game, but I recently downloaded Persona 3 on the Playstation Store and it's good but... I'm consistently disturbed by the main characters shooting themselves in the head in order to summon Personas. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen at least once during each battle, because that' how you use what would be magic in other series, but I still can't get beyond being deeply unsettled by it.

Also, some of the game's commentary on depression is, well... It's not a good game for escapism.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1522 on: December 29, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »
I know it's an old game, but I recently downloaded Persona 3 on the Playstation Store and it's good but... I'm consistently disturbed by the main characters shooting themselves in the head in order to summon Personas. It's pretty much guaranteed to happen at least once during each battle, because that' how you use what would be magic in other series, but I still can't get beyond being deeply unsettled by it.

Also, some of the game's commentary on depression is, well... It's not a good game for escapism.

If it helps, they're shooting blanks.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #1523 on: December 29, 2012, 07:43:13 pm »

If it helps, they're shooting blanks.

I know that, but it's still pretty disturbing imagery.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1524 on: December 29, 2012, 11:17:32 pm »
I've always wanted to play Silent Hill, but I know I would freak out and never play it again 5 minutes into the game.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1525 on: December 30, 2012, 12:15:56 am »
I've always wanted to play Silent Hill, but I know I would freak out and never play it again 5 minutes into the game.
The same thing happend to me and Dead Space then I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1526 on: December 30, 2012, 07:48:44 am »
My parents bought me Dishonored for Christmas.  I just started it, so it's too early to have an opinion.

It's a little short, but I loved playing through that game.  One of the best true stealth games we have had in a while.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1527 on: December 30, 2012, 12:18:25 pm »
The same thing happend to me and Dead Space then I played Amnesia: The Dark Descent.

I really want to play Amnesia at some point, because I'm always looking for a game to genuinely freak me out.

Anyway, I forgot how much I enjoyed GTA. I used to mostly go around screwing with pedestrians, but the missions are good fun, so far.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1528 on: December 30, 2012, 03:42:16 pm »
I've had Amnesia sitting on my computer for almost half a year now, but I can't play it because it keeps insisting my graphic drivers are out of date. Even when I just update them.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1529 on: December 30, 2012, 04:00:10 pm »

It's a little short, but I loved playing through that game.  One of the best true stealth games we have had in a while.

I don't like the fact that there's no game + and anything you unlock can only be used in future levels, not earlier ones.  I'm trying to unlock as many powers as I can early on for that very reason.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"