Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508501 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3000 on: July 30, 2013, 11:53:22 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3FhE6_TK0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv3FhE6_TK0</a>

Why can't this be out already?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3001 on: July 31, 2013, 05:03:42 am »
Yeah...it drops July 30trh 2013.

Ironbite-that's so far away!

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3002 on: July 31, 2013, 10:11:07 am »

Um, actually I think the trailer came out on the 30th.  As far as I know the release date for the actual DLC hasn't even been announced yet.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3003 on: July 31, 2013, 04:56:48 pm »

Um, actually I think the trailer came out on the 30th.  As far as I know the release date for the actual DLC hasn't even been announced yet.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-challenge-maps-out-today-story-dlc-soon

A whole internet and you can't google.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3004 on: July 31, 2013, 04:59:21 pm »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/30/bioshock-infinite-challenge-maps-out-today-story-dlc-soon

A whole internet and you can't google.

Those are the challenge maps, tho. The DLC in that trailer doesn't drop until later on. Burial At Sea doesn't drop until next month. That DLC is Challenge in the Clouds.

Which, incidentally, I'm downloading right now and I'd be disappointed if it was the Burial at Sea DLC cause the file size is too small.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3005 on: July 31, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »
Yesterday, while it was storming, I played Mario Kart on my DS and remembered how much I hated certain animated pixilated characters.  Next year, when I get my 3ds, my first 2 games will be Mario Kart 7 and Super Smash Bros.  That way, when a character in MK p***es me off, I can beat the crap out of them in SSB.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3006 on: July 31, 2013, 09:19:44 pm »
Yesterday, while it was storming, I played Mario Kart on my DS and remembered how much I hated certain animated pixilated characters.  Next year, when I get my 3ds, my first 2 games will be Mario Kart 7 and Super Smash Bros.  That way, when a character in MK p***es me off, I can beat the crap out of them in SSB.
Sounds like a plan. Speaking of Mario Kart...
I was playing Mario Kart: Double Dash! with my little brother the other day, just for that sake of nostalgia. It was the final lap, I was in first (Yoshi FTW) and he was in third. At roughly the same time I got the Triple Mushroom and he got a Blue Spiny Shell. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with MK, let me explain the Blue Spiny Shell: it exists to ruin your life. There's no other  reason for its existence, because it hunts down the person in first and BLOWS THEM SKY-HIGH. It causes the biggest explosion in the game, and it's life-ruining powers extend beyond the game into real life, to the point where screaming in rage and punching your brother right in his smug little face seems like a valid course of action. Anyway, he grabs one of those fuckers and tosses it at me as fast as he can. I, however, am having none of his shit today. So what do I do? Well, I crash into a wall and let him sweep by, right into first place. His smirk of "you're so fucked" twists into a grimace of "I'm so fucked" as he takes his own Blue Spiny Shell in the ass (without lube). I use my Mushrooms to get back into first place not three pixels from the finish line, and holy shit was he mad. The feeling of pure victory was worth the inevitable screaming, temper tantrum, and damage to the controller. (The bloody nose he gave me seemed a bit much, but I was gloating.)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #3007 on: July 31, 2013, 09:24:38 pm »
You boss! Remind me not to go up against you in Mario Kart.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #3008 on: July 31, 2013, 10:30:17 pm »
That's luck, not skill.

Ironbite-crappy crappy luck.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3009 on: July 31, 2013, 10:34:42 pm »
Duly noted.
... IS THAT ZAEED GUDDAM MASSANI IN A PIRATE OUTFIT AS YOUR AVATAR?
And BTW ironbite, it was mostly skill. I crashed into the wall on purpose because I knew he'd pass me. Besides, it took skill to regain my rightful place at the head of the pack after I killed all my momentum.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:38:57 pm by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #3010 on: July 31, 2013, 10:36:49 pm »
That's luck, not skill.

Ironbite-crappy crappy luck.

Maybe. Still hilariously awesome though.

Duly noted.

Yes it is.   :D

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #3011 on: July 31, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »
I was playing Mario Kart: Double Dash! with my little brother the other day, just for that sake of nostalgia. It was the final lap, I was in first (Yoshi FTW) and he was in third. At roughly the same time I got the Triple Mushroom and he got a Blue Spiny Shell. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with MK, let me explain the Blue Spiny Shell: it exists to ruin your life. There's no other  reason for its existence, because it hunts down the person in first and BLOWS THEM SKY-HIGH. It causes the biggest explosion in the game, and it's life-ruining powers extend beyond the game into real life, to the point where screaming in rage and punching your brother right in his smug little face seems like a valid course of action. Anyway, he grabs one of those fuckers and tosses it at me as fast as he can. I, however, am having none of his shit today. So what do I do? Well, I crash into a wall and let him sweep by, right into first place. His smirk of "you're so fucked" twists into a grimace of "I'm so fucked" as he takes his own Blue Spiny Shell in the ass (without lube). I use my Mushrooms to get back into first place not three pixels from the finish line, and holy shit was he mad. The feeling of pure victory was worth the inevitable screaming, temper tantrum, and damage to the controller. (The bloody nose he gave me seemed a bit much, but I was gloating.)

That is fucking awesome.

Duly noted.

Yes it is.   :D

And Shepard in the background with dressed like a dude from the 1920's.
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #3012 on: July 31, 2013, 11:46:44 pm »
Ah. Mario Kart. There is truly nothing like the rage felt while playing against the AI and getting consecutively hit by a blue shell and three red shells inches away from the finish line on the last lap.

My friend and I have been playing the Hexxit mod for Minecraft. It's a mod that adds a lot of stuff to make the game more adventure-y. It's really fun, but his computer can't run it that well so we have to play it in between bursts of lag.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3013 on: August 01, 2013, 04:57:48 am »

Been there.  My wife learned from our games that when you hear the, "whoosh," sound, Hit The Brakes! 

The other night's rage came out following 4 blue shells in under 2 minutes. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3014 on: August 01, 2013, 07:19:39 am »
The "get out of first place" method always fails for me in Mario Kart Wii. Once someone throws a blue shell, it seems to lock on to whoever's in first, regardless of whether they drop out of first in an attempt to avoid it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades