Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507980 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4185 on: January 30, 2014, 10:28:45 pm »
Best thing in New Vegas.  Man the NCR cant tell head from their ass.  Man Legion is evil (who sides with them) oh my god house is a dick nearly about to throw away the game oh hi yesman
Yeah, I remember that.  I chose to side with Mr. House... up until he advocated destroying the Mojave Chapter of the Brotherhood of Steel.  After that, I turned on him and replaced him with Yes-Man.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4186 on: January 30, 2014, 10:45:11 pm »
Yeah most people will do that.  I mean, the only other place you can get power armor is via the Remnants but that's so late game most people don't bother.

Ironbite-though there are mods for all that malarky.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4187 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:26 am »
I did an NCR run but i went for peace each time like no matter what the big wigs said I tried negociating with Brotherhood and it worked. 
(click to show/hide)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4188 on: January 31, 2014, 03:14:46 am »
Has anybody played sins of a solar empire. I have it, but my boyfriend and I cant understand why. I just feel that its way too simple. Not enough depth to the game. I would love to organize formations and manage my planet a bit more but its just rock paper scissors combat
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4189 on: January 31, 2014, 08:50:43 am »
Yeah most people will do that.  I mean, the only other place you can get power armor is via the Remnants but that's so late game most people don't bother.

Having played since the very first Fallout, I have been and always will be extremely sympathetic to the Brotherhood of Steel.  Shit, I was disappointed that there wasn't an option to side with them during the war.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4190 on: January 31, 2014, 08:59:40 am »

I also did that partly because I didn't want to make Veronica mad at me.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4191 on: January 31, 2014, 02:53:40 pm »
I'm drawing up a design for a game that I'm calling Public Menace.  Basically, its exactly what the Moral Guardians think games like Grand Theft Auto and Saint's Row are all about: vandalism, theft, selling drugs, wanton murder, and other forms of general depravity and debauchery.  You play The Menace; a cross between MacGuyver, Jacket and Biker from Hotline Miami, and the fevered dreams of Jack Thompson and Hilary Clinton.  Tonnes of weapons, both conventional, radiological, biological, chemical, and improvised with plenty to scrounge up, steal, or buy from connections both legitimate (and therefore either stupid or misguided) and illicit.

The city in which you find yourself would probably be around the size of Los Santos circa GTA V and comes with everything from a SWAT team to a military base, in terms of resistance...if you don't count certain more courageous (and/or stupid) civilians.  However, and this leads into the game's primary objective, the city has a limited number of people in it.  Your "job," so to speak, is to depopulate the city, or come as close to it as you can before getting killed by law enforcement, the military, vigilantes, or any mixture in between.  In that way, its kinda like Uwe Boll's only good movie, Rampage.

Why do I want something so horrible to be made?  Mostly because I think it'd be funny to watch the moral guardians shit themselves.  That, and to help prove a point that the "violent games" scare is nothing more than bullshit guided by pathetic attempts at "research."

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4192 on: January 31, 2014, 04:18:45 pm »
I'd buy that.  And I'd laugh my tailfeathers off while playing the entire time.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4193 on: January 31, 2014, 05:58:12 pm »
I'd buy that.  And I'd laugh my tailfeathers off while playing the entire time.

We're not horrible people, we're making a point!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4194 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:16 pm »
Reminds me of Postal 2. It's loaded with as much intentionally offensive crap as possible (like a ton of terrorists who all resemble Osama Bin Laden or women in sexy versions of burqas) living in the Indian grocery store, and the ability to urinate on command and make people vomit by peeing in their face) and includes anti-game protesters who are attempting to kill the game developers as a major enemy faction.

The main difference from your concept is that instead of intentionally trying to kill and maim everyone around, your character is just trying to accomplish mundane goals like getting milk and going to the doctor to get venereal disease treated, and gets swept up in gratuitous violence, terrorist attacks, and kidnappings as the city falls deeper and deeper into chaos. Some players have actually managed to beat the game without killing a single person.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4195 on: January 31, 2014, 06:11:32 pm »
That reminds me of the Sandy Hook shooting simulator that was on Newgrounds for a while before being taken down due to controversy. Yes, there's a legitimate point to be made (one aspect of the Newtown game was trying to replicate the number of fatalities with a different weapon), but it's likely to get lost in the moral panic that ensues.

I'd still play the shit out of it.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4196 on: January 31, 2014, 06:19:28 pm »
Hell, I'd probably make it freeware, if not 100% open source, just to even further piss people off by the fact that I'm not doing it just to make money.

When I say "a tonne of weapons," I really do mean a fucking tonne of weapons.  Everything from plastic grocery sacks to (if you can get a hold of one) a howitzer and beyond.  You don't even have to be loud and attract attention to your various crimes; stealthy, low-profile play will be perfectly viable, as well.  Hence the plastic sacks.  And belts.  And other "Garrotte-type weapons" I have in my head.  I've even got a list of the main weapon types: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing, ballistic, serrated, pneumatic, garrotte, toxic, projectile, and incendiary.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #4197 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »
Has anybody played sins of a solar empire. I have it, but my boyfriend and I cant understand why. I just feel that its way too simple. Not enough depth to the game. I would love to organize formations and manage my planet a bit more but its just rock paper scissors combat

Yeah I've played it. I like the fact it's simplish and goes at a calm rate.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4198 on: February 01, 2014, 01:10:14 am »

Having played since the very first Fallout, I have been and always will be extremely sympathetic to the Brotherhood of Steel.  Shit, I was disappointed that there wasn't an option to side with them during the war.

They really haven't had luck after Fallout 2.

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4199 on: February 01, 2014, 09:19:01 am »
I would like to see a mod and/or addon for New Vegas that'd allow you to rebuild the Brotherhood of Steel.  Yeah, plenty of 'em might be jackasses, but at least they're not the Legion (ie, they can be freaking redeemed), and as I've said before, I'll always have a huge soft spot for my brothers in power armour.