Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507158 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6555 on: June 05, 2016, 08:22:44 pm »
Wish you could romance him....ahh well.

Ironbite-least I can sleep with a Robobrain.  Hope Piper won't get jealous.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6556 on: June 09, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »
The more I think about it, the more it seems like the Institute (and, to a lesser extent, the Minutemen) are the only sane faction in Fallout 4.  Aside from the kidnappings and discontinued FEV research, they're...not wrong with regards to synths.  They're a powerful new technology that needs to be looked after properly by people who understand how they were made in the first place, and the Institute are the only ones who fit the bill.  The Railroad is admirable in its goals, but misguided, and the Brotherhood has basically turned into Nazis.

My only regret, thus far, is that I couldn't pickpocket a live grenade into Maxon's coat while he was giving his little speech.  Now that would've been entertaining!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6557 on: June 09, 2016, 10:04:23 pm »
Gonna agree with you on the Minutemen but disagree with you on the Institute.  Because they're not just kidnapping and replacing people, they're murdering them.  Yes they made the synths but they're basically slave labor.  Now the Railroad might be misguided a bit they're still doing a good job in offering freedom to these beings. 

Ironbite-and totally agree with you on the BoS.  Maxon is such a Nazi.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6558 on: June 09, 2016, 11:15:29 pm »
Tis true, but synths are also far more intelligent and physically powerful than a normal human.  Left on their own, like any child, they could easily cause a great deal of destruction.  The Institute's methods are sub-optimal, at best, and their attitudes leave a lot to be desired, but when its a choice between a group who doesn't consider the long-term effects of their actions (Railroad), a group who can't stomach the idea of anyone with better technology than them (the Brotherhood), or a group that you can actually change for the better and whose advancements, in the hands of someone like the Sole Survivor, could easily save the entire Commonwealth, maybe even the Wasteland as a whole, I'm gonna choose the group that actually has a chance at making things better in the long run.  Other than the Minutemen, the only group you really have an opportunity to measurably change for the better is the Institute.  I just wish you actually could work to restore the Institute's reputation and make them less shitty.  Unfortunately, for all the good points Fallout 4 hits, actual player choice is one area they seemed to neglect almost entirely.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6559 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:02 am »
Right now, I'm getting back into Far Cry 2. My god, this game is so much better on PC. Not only do you get a few more toys to play with, but aiming with a mouse is actually doable, which is far more than can be said for a controller. No longer are my attempts to snipe foiled by a slow walk.

PC master race masturbation aside, this game really shines once you unlock a good selection of silenced weapons. So far, silenced MP5 + dart rifle is my favourite combination. Once you get the hang of stealth, it's the most satisfying thing in the world to clear out a major outpost without anyone ever catching a glimpse of you.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6560 on: June 10, 2016, 12:07:10 pm »
Gonna agree with you on the Minutemen but disagree with you on the Institute.  Because they're not just kidnapping and replacing people, they're murdering them.  Yes they made the synths but they're basically slave labor.  Now the Railroad might be misguided a bit they're still doing a good job in offering freedom to these beings. 

Ironbite-and totally agree with you on the BoS.  Maxon is such a Nazi.

And let's not forget their end goal which is basically
(click to show/hide)
  That doesn't scream "sane" to me, but rather "shitty low rent Bond villain".

PS Think we can all agree on "fuck the BoS".  Also, there's no real point in siding with the Minutemen at the end as
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:11:44 pm by Katsuro »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6561 on: June 11, 2016, 10:45:22 pm »
Why the hell am I subject to fall damage while building in Fallout?  I just lost two hours of work because I accidentally fell down my own stairwell.  Need to remember to toggle god mode while I'm building from now on.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6562 on: June 12, 2016, 03:36:44 pm »
Because build mode itself is a mess of a mode.  Even the mode it's built off of did that.

Ironbite-annoying

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6563 on: June 13, 2016, 03:40:36 am »
I would also like it if you couldn't be shot while in build mode, or if time stood still in general because it's a pain in the balls when you can't move or place an object because nameless settler #13 has just walked in your way as you were about to place/move it and won't shift his/her ass.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6564 on: June 13, 2016, 03:59:20 am »
Ah, build mode, the big feature of Fallout 4 that actually contributes to why I lost interest in Fallout 4 pretty quickly.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6565 on: June 13, 2016, 05:11:53 am »
Ah, build mode, the big feature of Fallout 4 that actually contributes to why I lost interest in Fallout 4 pretty quickly.

Really?  It's actually what's kept me playing; for the last few weeks all I've been doing is building and decorating my settlements.  I'm a sucker for any kind of customisation in games even though I'm usually not very good at it (I look at what other people make in games like the Sims and even Fallout 4 and it makes me realise I have zero creativity in me).

Of course Fallout 4's build mode could use some massive improvements (being able to toggle snap on and off a la Halo's forge and the ability to specify a degree for rotation, again, a la Halo's forge, to name just two) but I prefer it being there as it is than not there at all.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6566 on: June 13, 2016, 09:41:49 am »
All I really wish is that the height limit were increased in Sanctuary.  Still waiting on a stable mod that increases the actual build area, as opposed to the build limits.  I'd love to turn that bridge into Sanctuary into a kill zone.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6567 on: June 13, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »
A new Quake game announced at E3. It's a multiplayer shooter. with character abilities.

Wake me up inside.

can't wake up

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6568 on: June 13, 2016, 08:38:52 pm »

Really?  It's actually what's kept me playing; for the last few weeks all I've been doing is building and decorating my settlements.  I'm a sucker for any kind of customisation in games even though I'm usually not very good at it (I look at what other people make in games like the Sims and even Fallout 4 and it makes me realise I have zero creativity in me).

Of course Fallout 4's build mode could use some massive improvements (being able to toggle snap on and off a la Halo's forge and the ability to specify a degree for rotation, again, a la Halo's forge, to name just two) but I prefer it being there as it is than not there at all.

It actually has little to do with build mode itself. I had a lot of fun making the Red Rocket into my personal base of operations. The problem I had with it is that I feel like they put way too much focus on it. I would have preferred to see one settlement that can be build in depth than the lots and lots of settlements that you were supposed to manage.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #6569 on: June 16, 2016, 11:50:27 am »
Has anyone played the new Hitman?  How is it?  I mean the actual game itself, I know about the "episodic" release stuff.  How does it compare to Blood Money?