Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1508994 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6600 on: June 22, 2016, 07:20:17 am »
Friday the 13th...so long as its better than the NES version, I'll be satisfied.

Oh I'd say it's a bit different from the previous game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6e-64mj2Q

Praise the Sun!  Now that actually looks rather enjoyable.  Never get to play as the monster as often as I'd like.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6601 on: June 22, 2016, 10:34:39 am »
Okay, guys.  I have a need.  A PC game that has fast-paced combat with few pauses and plenty of challenge.  Everything I've got right now is too god damned slow without enough challenge to keep me interested.  To put it bluntly, I need something to kill.  A lot of somethings.

DOOM? As in the new one. It looks really, really fun.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6602 on: June 22, 2016, 11:58:08 am »
Need to make sure my PC can handle it, but it does look hella fun.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6603 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:57 pm »
the new DOOM is hardcore as fuck, highly recommended. Painkiller Black Edition is also great.

Of course, I can easily recommend some classic shooters: (assuming you havent played any of these...)

Doom 1,2,Final + Master levels+64 EX, Quake+Mission packs, Blood, Duke3D, Outlaws, Star Wars: Dark Forces, Unreal Gold, Descent 1+2, Shadow Warrior (classic and modern versions)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6604 on: June 23, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »
Hide your wallets my friends.  Steam Summer Sale has begun.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6605 on: June 23, 2016, 02:24:09 pm »
And the shop traffic is so high that it refuses to load for me.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) my student load instalment was just due so I can't afford to really participate in the buying frenzy.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6606 on: June 24, 2016, 08:57:36 am »
Watching Zygarde's lets play of COD: World At War. The guns sound really anemic and no matter how silly the Modern Warfare offshoot of COD games get with their storylines at least those have characters that are interesting. WAW just seems boring.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6607 on: June 24, 2016, 09:15:21 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVUQvo21Kv8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVUQvo21Kv8</a>
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6608 on: June 24, 2016, 09:26:08 am »
Watching Zygarde's lets play of COD: World At War. The guns sound really anemic and no matter how silly the Modern Warfare offshoot of COD games get with their storylines at least those have characters that are interesting. WAW just seems boring.

The only really good thing that came out of World at War was Reznov.  Actually, the whole Russian campaign was infinitely more interesting than its American counterpart, even though the latter was in the Pacific theatre.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6609 on: June 24, 2016, 09:40:10 am »
That reminds me. Way too many Garands in the Pacific. USMC was mainly armed with the bolt action Springfield rifles rather than the M1 Garand. (Even back then the marines were given second rate equipment compared to the other branches of US military.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6610 on: June 24, 2016, 09:45:32 am »
Yeah, but this is Call of Duty we're talking about, here.  The Garand is an iconic weapon, so it goes everywhere, historical accuracy be damned.  Besides, we can't make Marines look bad in any way, shape, or form.  Seriously, the way most portrayals go, you'd expect the average US Marine to be some kind of super soldier capable of obliterating an entire city of innocent civilians enemy soldiers with nothing but a pistol and a single grenade.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6611 on: June 24, 2016, 06:37:26 pm »
I'm currently getting into Dishonored. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. It's great fun. Really scratches that stealth itch I've been having lately.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6612 on: June 25, 2016, 02:19:43 am »
So far Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is a music themed Persona game without the time management aspect. I approve of this. Though apparently I'm supposed to be upset that the localization reduced the fanservice and aged up some of the characters to make them not underage in an obvious aim at a T rating.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6613 on: June 29, 2016, 08:23:35 am »
For any aussies that want to buy overwatch, change the region to Taiwan on the blizzard site, then use paypal

The Conversation rate puts the game down to 55 bucks.

Fuck blizzard for raising the price, might as well use their shitty site to your advantage
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6614 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:53 pm »
For any aussies that want to buy overwatch, change the region to Taiwan on the blizzard site, then use paypal

The Conversation rate puts the game down to 55 bucks.

Fuck blizzard for raising the price, might as well use their shitty site to your advantage
Heh, Blizzard following in Apple's footsteps.