Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 608124 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #1575 on: December 18, 2013, 05:18:04 pm »
Source said 1972. They could be wrong.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #1576 on: January 07, 2014, 10:55:29 am »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1577 on: January 07, 2014, 11:27:47 am »

Regarding people who maintain violent games make people violent - how do they reconcile the fact that the violent crime rate across most of the western world has been in decline since 1992, yet the popularity of games has been increasing since before that date and games haven't been getting less violent?

QueenofHearts

« Reply #1578 on: January 07, 2014, 12:39:51 pm »
The first one should say "This doesn't make me a murderer" since Ray Lewis and Aaron Hernandez kind of, you know...

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #1579 on: January 07, 2014, 02:07:20 pm »

Regarding people who maintain violent games make people violent - how do they reconcile the fact that the violent crime rate across most of the western world has been in decline since 1992, yet the popularity of games has been increasing since before that date and games haven't been getting less violent?

Confounding factors, probably. I.e.: "There are some factors driving violent crime down that happen simultaneously with the increase in violent videogames which hide the increase in violence they cause. If video games hadn't been there, crime would've gone down even more".

Note: I don't actually believe this, merely pointing out that it's the obvious argument.
Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1580 on: January 07, 2014, 02:16:26 pm »
At that point, the response would have to be "Well, what is your evidence supporting this argument?"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1581 on: January 07, 2014, 02:30:38 pm »
These same video game citers years ago held testimony in Congress where some idiot wank said kids were learning to become expert marksmen from playing FPS's....

Because physically mastering THIS thing below,

Totally trains you to use THIS other thing like a well-oiled killing machine! :o...

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #1582 on: January 07, 2014, 03:10:03 pm »
i learned how to load an ak playing CS, and i learned how to take care of a shotgun on the range. i might be able to shoot an ak but wouldn't know the first thing about maintaining it in shooting form. a shotgun, on the other hand, is safe with me.

oh, and don't even get me started on recoil, aiming and all of the rest of that fiddly business
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1583 on: January 07, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »
Yeah, seeing accurate in-game animations of your character loading, aiming and firing a rifle do not prepare you for the real thing. A plastic game pad is not a rifle.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1584 on: January 07, 2014, 08:44:52 pm »
It's like saying that I'm an expert archer just because I played Ocarina of Time.  With Z-targeting.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1585 on: January 07, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »
Your words hurt us.

Ironbite-*gets out the whips*

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1586 on: January 07, 2014, 11:18:55 pm »
Meanwhile at boot camp:

Drill Sergeant: Boy, you better learn how to 360 no-scope or your n00b ass is gonna be pwned!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1587 on: January 08, 2014, 11:24:09 am »

Confounding factors, probably. I.e.: "There are some factors driving violent crime down that happen simultaneously with the increase in violent videogames which hide the increase in violence they cause. If video games hadn't been there, crime would've gone down even more".

Note: I don't actually believe this, merely pointing out that it's the obvious argument.

To that I'd say that the he drop has been described in some countries as a free fall, particualrly in the US.  It's hard to imagine how it could fall any faster than it is already.  In some parts of Europe the murder rate is less than 1 per 100,000, which is astonishing. So in some parts of the world it's also hard to imagine how the rate could drop any further.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #1588 on: January 08, 2014, 01:21:25 pm »
Meanwhile at boot camp:

Drill Sergeant: Boy, you better learn how to 360 no-scope or your n00b ass is gonna be pwned!

I did that once when I first started playing Splinter Cell years ago. I got Sam sneaking into the center of a dark warehouse full of idiot guards, then they all converged when one got too close, so I span Sam in a circle, spraying full auto from his SC (whatever the fuck his bullpup MP was called back then).

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1589 on: January 08, 2014, 01:44:23 pm »
Meanwhile at boot camp:

I did that once when I first started playing Splinter Cell years ago. I got Sam sneaking into the center of a dark warehouse full of idiot guards, then they all converged when one got too close, so I span Sam in a circle, spraying full auto from his SC (whatever the fuck his bullpup MP was called back then).

Was it not an SMG?  Or is a MP and SMG kinda the same thing?  I know a lot of SGM's take pistol rounds.