Author Topic: Awesome Protest Signs  (Read 608268 times)

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
Re: Awesome Protest Signs
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2012, 04:17:13 pm »
I'm not totally sure if this should go here - it's an image macro, not technically a sign... but it's also too political for 'funny pictures' and it's not a cartoon... so.

The truly funny thing was the reaction to this over on Facebook, a gaggle of morons who couldn't grasp the idea of 'sarcasm' complaining that various items on the list aren't true.
Duh, really?
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »
The truly funny thing was the reaction to this over on Facebook, a gaggle of morons who couldn't grasp the idea of 'sarcasm' complaining that various items on the list aren't true.
Duh, really?

LOLZ
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »

Awesomest comment:

So the GOP point people on marriage are: A three-time divorced fat radio host (Limbaugh), an unwed teen mother (Bristol Palin), a dude with five grandmothers (Romney), and a never married spinster (Ann Coulter). OK, got it.

See the dumb comment on TPSOFR
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:53:12 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2012, 01:08:46 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2012, 02:09:49 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2012, 02:33:12 pm »

So they have... sports teams? I don't get it. Are they saying people who watch sports are ignorant, because every state has several sport teams.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:03 pm »

So they have... sports teams? I don't get it. Are they saying people who watch sports are ignorant, because every state has several sport teams.

I think those are the sports teams of colleges. All the counties that voted against Amendment One had a college in the county, with one exception that was neighbors to three counties with colleges anyway. They're saying the intelligent people were against the amendment.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2012, 03:31:10 pm »
The use of the sports teams logos threw me off as well. Don’t those colleges also have general purpose logos? If they used those, the association with academics over sports would have been more apparent, I think.

Though it does look like UNCW is a general purpose logo.
-A Pen Name

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2012, 03:35:37 pm »

Jesus how dumb can you be?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2012, 06:30:21 pm »

I think those are the sports teams of colleges. All the counties that voted against Amendment One had a college in the county, with one exception that was neighbors to three counties with colleges anyway. They're saying the intelligent people were against the amendment.

Yes, that's it exactly. I didn't make the image. I would've used the regular college logo.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »

That's uncalled for - I'm not American, I don't watch sports, I didn't get it either.  Not everyone knows what sports logos mean. :p

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2012, 07:28:39 pm »
It has nothing to do with sports teams.

&

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2012, 07:32:51 pm »
It's indicating that the counties/districts that voted against the propositions have colleges in them, right?  But they're using the logos of the varsity teams to indicate the colleges.  People who don't follow sports and/or aren't American have little way of knowing that these sports logos refer to colleges.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2012, 08:22:02 pm »

You didn't understand it either? You should read MadCatTLX's comment.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2012, 08:34:24 pm »
It's indicating that the counties/districts that voted against the propositions have colleges in them, right?  But they're using the logos of the varsity teams to indicate the colleges.  People who don't follow sports and/or aren't American have little way of knowing that these sports logos refer to colleges.

That's a contradiction. How would you know they're sports logos? The houses at Hogwarts used animals for their logos. >.> And the logo for Hogwarts itself was an animal.

Either way, focusing on the wrong part. If they're college sports, they're attached to colleges. The colleges is the main thing.

Lexi's comment is also really weird because the "NO's" are attached to the colleges. Therefore, it has nothing to do with ignorance at all.

Here, is this one better?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:37:27 pm by Commander Shepard »

&