Author Topic: Judge Blames 13 Year Old Victim  (Read 23913 times)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Judge Blames 13 Year Old Victim
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 01:47:13 am »
Can we create a disapproving Prinny graphic for idiots like AE?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2013, 01:46:16 am »
Can we create a disapproving Prinny graphic for idiots like AE?

I second this suggestion.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2013, 02:41:46 am »
The most useful shit I learned about sex, I learned from my mum.  Namely, my most absolute, unbreakable, set-in-stone rule when it comes to sex: make sure you can't get your partner pregnant until you know you're DAMN ready to have kids (if you want them at all, which I do not), and ensure that, should you have the misfortune of obtaining a STD, you should take every reasonable measure to ensure that its not spread to your partner.

The shit I got from school was mostly abstinence-only bullshit, aside from my 9th grade health class, which actually gave real, honest stats on the efficacy of various methods of contraception.

Surprisingly, despite coming from a small Oklahoma town, I don't remember a whole lot of abstinence only stuff coming from my school. Most of sex ed consisted of where babies came from, STDs and AIDS, and the human reproductive system. Although there was some abstinence only stuff (most of this came from the occasional FCA speaker) I don't remember any crazy abstinence only crap at school. But with a fundie mom my home life was a different matter.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »
The most useful shit I learned about sex, I learned from my mum.  Namely, my most absolute, unbreakable, set-in-stone rule when it comes to sex: make sure you can't get your partner pregnant until you know you're DAMN ready to have kids (if you want them at all, which I do not), and ensure that, should you have the misfortune of obtaining a STD, you should take every reasonable measure to ensure that its not spread to your partner.

The shit I got from school was mostly abstinence-only bullshit, aside from my 9th grade health class, which actually gave real, honest stats on the efficacy of various methods of contraception.
<off topic>You got factual sex ed freshman year? I got two bullshit filled "if you have sex with anyone except your G-dly husband you'll be ruined as a human being" days as part of a larger (and even stupider) 11th grade Health class. The teacher brought in his personal friend, who "just so happened" to be a youth pastor, to say anything even remotely icky. I even got the "tape" illustration that compares people who have (dun dun DAAAHHH) extramarital sex to useless pieces of garbage. No one even mentioned any form of contraception, except to spout bullshit about how "it won't protect your heart!" So yeah, I'm way jelly. </off topic>
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2013, 01:28:14 pm »

<off topic>You got factual sex ed freshman year? I got two bullshit filled "if you have sex with anyone except your G-dly husband you'll be ruined as a human being" days as part of a larger (and even stupider) 11th grade Health class. The teacher brought in his personal friend, who "just so happened" to be a youth pastor, to say anything even remotely icky. I even got the "tape" illustration that compares people who have (dun dun DAAAHHH) extramarital sex to useless pieces of garbage. No one even mentioned any form of contraception, except to spout bullshit about how "it won't protect your heart!" So yeah, I'm way jelly. </off topic>
Surprisingly, all we got was a piece of paper that we had to sign saying that we wouldn't have sex until marriage.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2013, 03:20:50 pm »

Surprisingly, all we got was a piece of paper that we had to sign saying that we wouldn't have sex until marriage.

It's scary how abysmal sex-ed classes in all you guys' schools were. Sex-ed for me started in grade 5 and was repeated every year until grade 11 (when health-class became optional and I chose not to take it anymore). We learned about reproductive anatomy and how everything worked. Regarding protection the teachers basically started out with something along the lines of "Abstinence is the most effective way of avoiding STDs/pregnancy, but we know you're gonna screw around anyway, so here's how to do it safely," before describing, in significant detail, the most common STDs and a lot of contraception measures to avoid catching them. We were taught this every year for six years, grades 5 - 10, and religious bullshit was not once brought up by any of the teachers.

Around grades 9 and 10, I started thinking "Oh hell, not this again, I learned all this shit last year" when sex-ed started, but after hearing how craptacular or, in some cases, just plain non-existent, sex-ed is south of the border, I began appreciating our curriculum and what it taught me a hell of a lot more than I used to.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2013, 04:35:36 pm »

It's scary how abysmal sex-ed classes in all you guys' schools were. Sex-ed for me started in grade 5 and was repeated every year until grade 11 (when health-class became optional and I chose not to take it anymore). We learned about reproductive anatomy and how everything worked. Regarding protection the teachers basically started out with something along the lines of "Abstinence is the most effective way of avoiding STDs/pregnancy, but we know you're gonna screw around anyway, so here's how to do it safely," before describing, in significant detail, the most common STDs and a lot of contraception measures to avoid catching them. We were taught this every year for six years, grades 5 - 10, and religious bullshit was not once brought up by any of the teachers.

Around grades 9 and 10, I started thinking "Oh hell, not this again, I learned all this shit last year" when sex-ed started, but after hearing how craptacular or, in some cases, just plain non-existent, sex-ed is south of the border, I began appreciating our curriculum and what it taught me a hell of a lot more than I used to.

I'm shocked about the abstinence only sex ed. Looks like I was lucky to get all the facts at school.

We did have to watch a lot of bizarre sex ed videos from the 80s though...

(click to show/hide)

...so it's swings and roundabouts really.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »
My sex-ed classes consisted of a male science teacher telling us about how abstinence was the best birth control method, while never telling us about how to use other forms of contraception.

He also said that most gay men have AIDS because "it's not supposed to go in there."

Also I found this:

(click to show/hide)
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2013, 04:52:57 pm »

Oh, don't mistake my words: the health teacher was an outlier.  I got PLENTY of retarded, Jesus-filled garbage they tried to call "sex ed" in our school's auditorium, up to and including a horrendously half-arsed "play" about some kids who fuck at, like...Cancun, or something.  I may have lived in the state capitol, but I still lived in Arkansas.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2013, 05:01:33 pm »

I'm shocked about the abstinence only sex ed. Looks like I was lucky to get all the facts at school.

(click to show/hide)

Oh I didn't get abstinence-only sex-ed. Sorry if my wording was unclear. Abstinence was mentioned in like the opening sentence of the lesson as the only 100% guaranteed way to not catch anything or get pregnant, and that was about it. The rest of what we were taught was actual, proper sex-ed.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Oh I didn't get abstinence-only sex-ed. Sorry if my wording was unclear. Abstinence was mentioned in like the opening sentence of the lesson as the only 100% guaranteed way to not catch anything or get pregnant, and that was about it. The rest of what we were taught was actual, proper sex-ed.

Oh, I know you didn't get the abstinence only education. I was more agreeing with you and talking about the comments before yours.

I guess it would have been clearer for me to reply to the person before you, but I always feel like i'm being rude if I cut someone out of a quote chain. Is that against the internet rules? I don't know :-[

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »
Wow, now I feel lucky. When I had sex ed in 9th grade, they told us how to use condoms and contraception, how pregnancy and STD's worked, and even covered why we have the urge to have sex and why it feels good. The only mention of abstinence was "abstinence is the only form of birth control that is 100% successful". One teacher even compared it to wearing a seatbelt, in that "You don't want to get into a car accident, but you ware a seatbelt incase you do. It's the same thing with safe sex and birth control."
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2013, 01:26:19 am »
I guess most of my sex ed was valid. I only remember 1 really stupid day where they brought these 2 guys in to give a presentation about the merits of saving yourself for marriage. I ate the chocolates before they told me that eating the chocolates would make me a whore.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2013, 02:12:39 am »

That was more or less my experience as well. Mind you, I still have plenty of criticisms regarding the glossing over of certain topics (particularly external female anatomy; most of our courses focused on internal anatomy, with teachers glossing over other details) or the odd teacher doing a crappy job with the class, but on the whole, CBE sex ed classes are fairly decent. One thing I really liked was that the boys and girls were never split into separate classes, even when we first started in elementary school, which seemed to actually discourage us from feeling awkward about discussing these topics in the same room as members of the opposite sex.

Also, anyone remember the sex-ed "Question Jar", aka the "Insult the Teacher Anonymously Jar"?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2013, 02:27:33 am »

That was more or less my experience as well. Mind you, I still have plenty of criticisms regarding the glossing over of certain topics (particularly external female anatomy; most of our courses focused on internal anatomy, with teachers glossing over other details) or the odd teacher doing a crappy job with the class, but on the whole, CBE sex ed classes are fairly decent. One thing I really liked was that the boys and girls were never split into separate classes, even when we first started in elementary school, which seemed to actually discourage us from feeling awkward about discussing these topics in the same room as members of the opposite sex.

Also, anyone remember the sex-ed "Question Jar", aka the "Insult the Teacher Anonymously Jar"?

Your sex-ed classes sound just like mine.

Ah, the Question Jar. I remember that. In grade 7 the guy who sat in front of me and his friend thought it would be hilarious if they could get the teacher to read the question "What if you wake up and your penis is in your vagina?" Needless to say, he never read that question. Even at that age, I thought it was funny how childish they were. I had a few chuckles at their expense.