Author Topic: Bernie Sanders Takes the lead in Iowa  (Read 7945 times)

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
  • The Poster Formerly Known as Mira
Bernie Sanders Takes the lead in Iowa
« on: September 10, 2015, 08:31:41 pm »
http://time.com/4028812/bernie-sanders-iowa-poll/

Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is Iowa's new frontrunner as of today. His lead isn't statistically significant yet, but at the rate he's surging I would be surprised if it wasn't by the end of the month.

• Sanders: 41%
  • Clinton: 40%
  • Biden: 12%
MOE: 3.4%

Between 18-34 Year Olds:
  • Clinton: 19%
  • Sanders: 66%

It should be interesting to see how the Clinton campaign responds to this.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Bernie Sanders Takes the lead in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:33:04 am »
You want to know the secret to this all, I sacrificed a rich dude to Cthulhu last night. ;D

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 04:30:38 am »
GOP has been focusing their slander and propaganda on Clinton so it makes sense that she is going down in the gallups. Once the Democrats have chosen their candidate things get interesting. Clinton may in fact have lost since even if it is mainly lies the propaganda against her seems to work.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 04:37:18 am »
You want to know the secret to this all, I sacrificed a rich dude to Cthulhu last night. ;D
Do that another 49 times and we're golden.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 04:53:43 am »

the republican answer to this piece of news.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 05:27:08 am »
Oct 7 is the first debate between the two.  I can see it now;

"Mrs. Clinton, what do you think of this topic."
"Mr. Sanders, why do you think Mrs. Clinton answered that way,"

Especially after seeing crap like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhIxEhkTdCw
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 08:40:44 am »
I wonder what a Sanders vs. Trump general election would look like.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 09:00:53 am »
I wonder what a Sanders vs. Trump general election would look like.

I think the phrase you're looking for is, 'Curb Stomp Battle.'
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 09:20:50 am »

the republican answer to this piece of news.

You know the sad thing is that it could be the Democratic establishment answer too, given how they've already anointed Hillary as the nominee unofficially more or less and they really dislike Sanders because he's an outsider.
GOP has been focusing their slander and propaganda on Clinton so it makes sense that she is going down in the gallups. Once the Democrats have chosen their candidate things get interesting. Clinton may in fact have lost since even if it is mainly lies the propaganda against her seems to work.

Not so sure, as much as they hate Hillary, a few of the right wing talking heads have come out expressing that right wing media would go a little bit more easy on her(such as Coulter) given they really do want to have a dirty campaign. They really don't get the dirty campaign they wanted if Sanders gets the nomination given that he is more or less relatively clean. Not to mention I've seen known Reagan worshipers come out in support of Sanders, which still leaves me in outer shock, especially given the names they've called me over the years.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 10:03:29 am »
If it is Trump v Sanders, I think Sanders might be elected, by the usual nail biting margin. Trump is scaring and pissing off my neighbors, who are mostly elderly mainstream Republicans. The ones who are Democrats do not like Clinton and never have - they supported Obama early on during the race for 2008. If Trump does go Independent, and Sanders keeps up momentum, Sanders will win handily. The GOP will attack him, but really there's probably nothing in Sander's past that is shady. So, they'll lie and  they'll call him too soft to be a leader. If given a choice between Trump and Sanders, my GOP neighbors will either vote for Sanders or abstain. They really hate Trump. And at least Sanders is an experienced politician who understands the House and Senate, so they would be less scared with him in office than an egomaniacal dilettante.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 12:19:53 pm »

And I helped!

Offline VainRobot

• Apprentice
  • The Poster Formerly Known as Mira
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »
As much as the media has already chosen him as the GOP nominee, it seems exceedingly unlikely that Trump will be their candidate. It seems like he's mostly capitalizing on the fuckton of candidates and using his power and influence to stand out the most. Once the parade gets narrowed down I think the GOP base will focus on a couple candidates just for the sake of "Anyone But Trump". He's good at appealing to knee-jerk reactionaries, but the majority of Republicans seem to hate him.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 03:40:33 pm »

And I helped!
Nothing says friendship like human sacrifice conducted to help out our pick of a presidential candidate.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 07:06:18 pm »
Trump's not going to win the Republican primary. When Jeb! finally crawls over the line the party will be so split ala 2012 that he'll have no chance, regardless of who runs against him. Sanders or Hillary, the Dem Primary is tantamount to election.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 01:53:53 am »
I think what's most surprising, to me, is the sheer popularity of Sanders with the 18-34 demographic.  That's stunning.

... also? yes please, Sanders for the win.  Because I'd LOVE to see something like a Minimum Basic Income become a thing.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."