Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517410 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2700 on: June 28, 2013, 04:53:45 am »
They need to attach wrist bands for the 3DS like they do for the wii controller.  My wife has nearly thrown her system across the room multiple times.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2701 on: June 28, 2013, 05:42:35 am »
They need to attach wrist bands for the 3DS like they do for the wii controller.  My wife has nearly thrown her system across the room multiple times.

The 3DS isn't exactly a motion controller. I think your wife needs to take some tranquilizers before playing.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2702 on: June 28, 2013, 08:19:56 am »
Been playing the new DLC for Borderlands 2.

I love the jabs towards so-called 'fake geeks' along with the references to many other fantasy titles like Game of Thrones.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #2703 on: June 28, 2013, 03:54:54 pm »

The 3DS isn't exactly a motion controller. I think your wife needs to take some tranquilizers before playing.

It's Mario Kart.  It'd make a nun dream of shooting a princess with a rocket launcher.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2704 on: June 28, 2013, 04:50:53 pm »
Oh....yeah.  Mario Kart.

Ironbite-totally could see your wife flinging the damn thing around after getting hit with a blue shell inches from the finish line.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2705 on: June 28, 2013, 05:00:54 pm »
Panzer I Auf C.

It is a German light tank in World of Tanks. Pretty fast. Actually the fastest tank in the game when it has all the best upgrades (like mine does.) How do people do drive by shootings at your neighbourhood? Driving a Subaru and blasting away with Tec-9? How about zooming past with a fucking tank and firing a 7.92mm machine gun?

Awesome.

And yes, having a tank armed with a machine gun might seem stupid when other tanks of the same tier have at least 20mm autocannons or up to 76mm cannons... But the fire rate is incredibly high and if you hit weak spots you are doing some serious damage.

Besides with that speed if you aren't shootin off their tracks and then circling behind the enemy to drill trhough their weak rear armour then you are doing it wrong.

(And bottom line is that it is incredibly fun to use the PzIc.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #2706 on: June 28, 2013, 07:15:10 pm »
Oh....yeah.  Mario Kart.

Ironbite-totally could see your wife flinging the damn thing around after getting hit with a blue shell inches from the finish line.

How about a blue shell, three red shells from 3 separate cpu opponents, and another blue shell, all within a span of seconds, with the finish line in sight.  She said she went from first place with no one in sight to 5th place in about 4 seconds.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2707 on: June 28, 2013, 07:47:22 pm »
Oh....yeah.  Mario Kart.

How about a blue shell, three red shells from 3 separate cpu opponents, and another blue shell, all within a span of seconds, with the finish line in sight.  She said she went from first place with no one in sight to 5th place in about 4 seconds.

Which is exactly why I don't play Mario Kart.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2708 on: June 28, 2013, 08:25:16 pm »
Mario Kart Wii is so awful because of stuff like that. They got incredibly lazy with the AI and if it's on hard, they just have a million shells bombard you as carts fly by at abnormal speeds.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2709 on: June 28, 2013, 11:21:25 pm »
I remember a while back I got really good at Mario Kart DS. Whenever a blue shell came after me, I'd brake and let the guy in 2nd and hopefully 3rd and 4th as well get closer so they get caught in the blast radius. I still got fucked over just as hard by it, if not harder, but it was a nice consolation price nevertheless.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2710 on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:29 am »
Mario Kart Wii is so awful because of stuff like that. They got incredibly lazy with the AI and if it's on hard, they just have a million shells bombard you as carts fly by at abnormal speeds.

Fucking this is why I don't like Mario Kart Wii. Its got the laziest racing game AI I've ever seen. I was beyond relieved when Mario Kart 7 took more from DS instead of Wii with its AI.
Who needs a signature?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2711 on: June 29, 2013, 06:43:25 am »

Fucking this is why I don't like Mario Kart Wii. Its got the laziest racing game AI I've ever seen. I was beyond relieved when Mario Kart 7 took more from DS instead of Wii with its AI.

I just despise obvious rubberband AI in general. If you need to resort to cheating to try and create a challenge for the player, you clearly haven't designed a properly challenging game.

Distind

« Reply #2712 on: June 29, 2013, 08:41:45 am »
It's mario cart, if there weren't cheap tactics there wouldn't be any at all.

Playing with dwarf fortress's world gen. I have mirthful oceans now, I'm not really sure what that means.

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #2713 on: June 29, 2013, 09:16:15 am »
It's mario cart, if there weren't cheap tactics there wouldn't be any at all.

Playing with dwarf fortress's world gen. I have mirthful oceans now, I'm not really sure what that means.

Means neutral good oceans. Likely with mermaids (which you can't farm for their bones anymore)

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Surroundings#Good

Distind

« Reply #2714 on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:00 pm »
Can't farm the mermaids, but I can probably get something pretty fun out of these dumbass giant wren that just flew into my front door. I may need to modify some raws and make them war trainable.