Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1516551 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6225 on: November 17, 2015, 10:01:06 am »
I'm currently using two monitors I mostly just allocate tasks to my main monitor and put things like YouTube or music on the second, it also helps when recording cause I can have one monitor open with Fraps, and Audacity so I can see how far along I am in recording and the other plays the game.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6226 on: November 18, 2015, 01:33:27 am »
http://imgur.com/gallery/bGLV0

Old lady does Let's Plays on Youtube and has 50'000 subscribers.

...I might have to start watching her play Fallout 4 even though I previously decided to wait until I get the game for myself.
There's a semi-famouse tf2 player named Joe Biden, he's a 62 year old who plays Heavy on tf2

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6227 on: November 18, 2015, 02:47:53 am »
Just finished Hitman: Blood Money. The ending may be a fucking pain in the arse, but the rest of the game is still a lot of fun.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6228 on: November 18, 2015, 05:33:07 am »
Just finished Hitman: Blood Money. The ending may be a fucking pain in the arse, but the rest of the game is still a lot of fun.

I love Blood Money.  So many options, so many ways to perform kills.  Or you can just spend a half hour tossing people over hotel railings or chasing people around with gardening sheers while dressed as a clown.

Agreed about the ending.   I usually just shoot the first two guys, then run outside around the wall.  When the first few appear, shoot them and take their guns, then run around the other corner.  Or you can just sprint for the tomb and hide inside.  Pop the door open, shoot a target, and let it close.  Plus you have gardening equipment for back-up weapons.

And one of my favorite parts about Hitman, creative kills like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKbptWt_Qs4
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6229 on: November 18, 2015, 05:49:38 am »
And one of my favorite parts about Hitman, creative kills like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKbptWt_Qs4
Hah, that is glorious.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6230 on: November 19, 2015, 05:03:13 am »
Decided to replay Hitman: Blood Money and go for the fabled Silent Assassin rating on pro difficulty. So far, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You'd Better Watch Out was a royal pain in the arse because if you kill the assassin lady counts as an innocent until you trigger her cutscene, and it took me a million and one tries to figure that little bit of bullshit out. Otherwise, it hasn't been half as tedious as I was expecting. Hopefully this trend continues.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6231 on: November 19, 2015, 07:49:04 am »
good luck, i was never good at infiltration games. hope you get the rating.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #6232 on: November 19, 2015, 04:07:48 pm »
Decided to replay Hitman: Blood Money and go for the fabled Silent Assassin rating on pro difficulty. So far, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You'd Better Watch Out was a royal pain in the arse because if you kill the assassin lady counts as an innocent until you trigger her cutscene, and it took me a million and one tries to figure that little bit of bullshit out. Otherwise, it hasn't been half as tedious as I was expecting. Hopefully this trend continues.

Yeah that level is tough.  Well the kills are easy; I just always get busted trying to steal the tape.  With the woman, I just walk in, shooter her, and hide her body behind the couch.

The only other level that I have trouble getting SA on is the boat.  I manage to get the first few kills no problem, but I always get caught near the end.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6233 on: November 19, 2015, 06:36:35 pm »

Yeah that level is tough.  Well the kills are easy; I just always get busted trying to steal the tape.  With the woman, I just walk in, shooter her, and hide her body behind the couch.

Worst part is if you let the camera see you. Stealing the CCTV tape is the fucking worst thing on the planet. I had a bunch of perfectly good runs get completely fucked because I forgot to hug the wall on my to the exit.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6234 on: November 19, 2015, 06:43:29 pm »

Worst part is if you let the camera see you. Stealing the CCTV tape is the fucking worst thing on the planet. I had a bunch of perfectly good runs get completely fucked because I forgot to hug the wall on my to the exit.

I honestly never understood that.  You'd think people would be more suspicious of a missing tape than footage of some bald white guy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 09:52:04 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6235 on: November 19, 2015, 06:52:21 pm »

I honestly never understood that.  You'd think people would be more suspicious of a missing tape than footage of a bald white guy.

I think the idea is that after one or more folks die, people are going to be suspicious anyway. If the tape's gone, then all they have to go on is "someone, likely the assassin, stole it", which really isn't going to help them figure out who did it. On the other hand, with footage of 47, they can analyse it to their heart's content until they perhaps figure out that one of the people caught on camera isn't someone anybody can identify. For instance, in the case of Totally-Not-Hugh-Heffner's mansion they'd likely check both the guest and staff lists against everyone who appears on camera until they figure out that 47 isn't anyone they recognise and therefore the most likely suspect.

At least that's my take on it. I freely admit that I could be overthinking things just a tad.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6236 on: November 20, 2015, 12:01:09 am »
So I'm playing Fallout 4, I get out of this place where I had to kill a dude for information right?  I get out to the roof cause that's the way the game wants me to go and I see lights on the ground cause it's dark.  Only these lights aren't attached to a searchlight.  It's attached to a Vertibird.  And behind that, an airship.  Not just any airship, a Brotherhood of Steel airship.

Ironbite-I think the plot just got picked up a might.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6237 on: November 20, 2015, 12:03:58 am »
So I'm playing Fallout 4, I get out of this place where I had to kill a dude for information right?  I get out to the roof cause that's the way the game wants me to go and I see lights on the ground cause it's dark.  Only these lights aren't attached to a searchlight.  It's attached to a Vertibird.  And behind that, an airship.  Not just any airship, a Brotherhood of Steel airship.

Ironbite-I think the plot just got picked up a might.

Fucking BEAUTIFUL, isn't it?

Western BoS: Hides in their bunker and operates largely in secret.
Eastern BoS: Comes into the area, announcing their presence by way OF FUCKING VERTIBIRD-SHITTING AIRSHIP.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6238 on: November 20, 2015, 12:04:50 am »
And I'm done. Finished every mission in Hitman: Blood Money on Pro difficulty with a Silent Assassin rating. I must say, that really was a lot easier than I expected. In fact, I finished the last two perfectly on my first try.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6239 on: November 20, 2015, 03:23:18 am »
Thanks for using the spoiler tags, I guess I'll stay away from this thread until I can afford a new computer and F4.

Btw, the western BoS also acted out in the open until they started a stupid war with NCR, got their shiny metal asses kicked and detonated a nuke or two as a final fuck you message.

And I like the way BoS evolved during the games. In F1 they were the big fish in the pond but were content to stay out on the sidelines. In F2 they faced a first real enemy that could outgun them and had better tech (2 was also the only game where most of them weren't dicks, people forget this often.) and then they kicked out everyone who wasn't an isolationist, tech hoarding, prick. We saw them in Tactics and F3.

...And then NV showed how well the remaining bunch had been doing...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!