Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511338 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1440 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:32 am »

Distind

« Reply #1441 on: December 12, 2012, 10:30:22 am »
... and this is when my friends get me into guildwars.... sonofa.

At least I have Distind in that fucking game.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1442 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:01 am »
I'm currently working through The Savage Coast but I keep hearing the next area of the game Blue Mountain will beat my head in.  Any of that true?

Distind

« Reply #1443 on: December 13, 2012, 06:16:19 am »
It certainly got me pretty welll. Though If I install it we might be able to take it between the two of us. I had a pretty effective tank who squishes things build going.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1444 on: December 13, 2012, 06:24:18 am »
I just bought FTL.

I've been playing it way too much. Simple (at least graphically) yet addictive game full of suprises.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1445 on: December 13, 2012, 06:32:01 am »
I just bought FTL.

I've been playing it way too much. Simple (at least graphically) yet addictive game full of suprises.

First time I played that. I ran out of moves and was stuck waiting for an encounter with someone to find me.  A tradeship comes by saying they can help but don't dare try to negotiate. Only option available? Negotiate. My ship blew up soon after.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1446 on: December 13, 2012, 06:43:12 am »
I managed to get the upgrade that gives your weapons full charge when the battle starts onto my engie ship.

And my ship had a huge beam weapon with an extremely long recharge rate.

a) unleash drones to sap away the enemy shields

b) BOOM! Enemies say goodbye to two subsystems. (Either shields or weapons depending on the layout and the rooms next to them)

c) Watch as the enemies try to put out fires as the drones finish them off.

d) Profit.

Aaaaand then I got killed anyway when I met a ship with shields I couldn't penetrate.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #1447 on: December 13, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »
I'm really hoping the 3DS remake of Dragon Quest VII comes stateside.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1448 on: December 14, 2012, 03:48:52 am »
There's a cool game out called Hawken, a first person mecha shooter. It's only multiplayer and its open beta, but it's free. Google it, it's not that bad and has tons of potential
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1449 on: December 14, 2012, 06:45:03 am »
Holiday crates have begun to drop in TF2.

Saturn500

« Reply #1450 on: December 14, 2012, 09:41:49 am »
Well, I've beaten Persona 4 Golden on Normal difficulty, and I got the Super Mega Happy Ending.

(click to show/hide)

Overall, Golden's a bit easier than the original, although the new dungeon is a bit tough, and the game as a whole will still kick the player's ass into next week. Also, there's a Very Hard difficulty now.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1451 on: December 16, 2012, 01:17:44 pm »
I just had two epic experiences in SW:TOR. I was running a Flashpoint (group dungeon) with a LVL 17 character.

1) The class I was playing can spec as either healing or DPS. I was going DPS, but at my low level, not a lot of points had been added to either tree. I entered the group finder queue as DPS and the option to join a group came up. Before I could accept, I got a message that one group member had declined and I would be put at the top of the queue. I guess being put at the top of the queue caused me to be offered any position that I could qualify for. Without noticing it, I got ported in as a healer. Now, as I said, my class has a heal spec, and I had 2 healing powers. However, I had not put a lot of points into that tree. But since I didn't want to disappoint the group, I said I would do my best healing. Yeah, that was entertaining. I did it until the last boss (who is killer), but I was very glad 2 of the other 3 were a little overlevel for the FP!

2) We got to the final boss and wiped once. So we regrouped and tried again. I died, then one of the DPS. Finally, the tank went down, leaving only the other DPS. I was almost back and hoped I would get there in time to keep the other DPS up long enough for the Tank to get back. As I was about to get into range to heal, I heard the voice-over that marked the boss's death. The DPS had less than 100 health left, but she pulled it off!
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Distind

« Reply #1452 on: December 16, 2012, 10:26:00 pm »
Gog has arcanum for 3 bucks.

If you ever wondered what fall out would like like as steampunk, there you go.

Just remember to turn on turn based combat in the options.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1453 on: December 16, 2012, 10:46:43 pm »
Just remember to turn on turn based combat in the options.
Unless you're going for a tech based character. The best way to take down large melee focused enemies to to kite them, which is much easier in real time combat mode.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1454 on: December 16, 2012, 10:59:07 pm »
Gearbox finally got their asses in gear and helped out the people who lost their badass rank thanks to a glitch that appeared around the time that Scarlett's Pirate Booty came out.

Ended up loading up to 96 badass tokens to my name and nearly 13k badass rank (which I just broke a bit ago). And I also got a few extra golden keys I guess to make up for it.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!