Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1507451 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1485 on: December 24, 2012, 07:55:37 am »
I have to wonder, what the everloving fuck happened to Ace of Spades?! Back when it was free to play, it not only worked, but it was one of the smoothest and lag-free games I've ever played. Now that I've shelled out money for it, it won't even run at all. I freely admit that I'm no programmer, but really now, how'd the dev fuck it up this badly?!

Sigh, I really do hope it gets fixed in a future patch. Call me entitled, but it'd be kind of cool to be able to actually play a game for which I paid actual money.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1486 on: December 24, 2012, 02:03:56 pm »
I need to go back through my backlog it seems. I'm rather bad at not completing at least the campaign of most games I have.

That site is great. I created my own account and realized how bad I am about finishing games. (I get distracted by other games.) This encouraged me to finally get the last 4 Achievements in ES: Oblivion. (1 down - I finished the Fighters Guild. 3 to go - all in the Thieves Guild.)

(As an aside, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are listed twice in your Xbox games.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 02:08:25 pm by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1487 on: December 24, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »
I have to wonder, what the everloving fuck happened to Ace of Spades?! Back when it was free to play, it not only worked, but it was one of the smoothest and lag-free games I've ever played. Now that I've shelled out money for it, it won't even run at all. I freely admit that I'm no programmer, but really now, how'd the dev fuck it up this badly?!

Sigh, I really do hope it gets fixed in a future patch. Call me entitled, but it'd be kind of cool to be able to actually play a game for which I paid actual money.

Basically it was sold to Jagex (The company behind Runescape) and they made alot of chances to the game that pissed off the original players.  More then likely, something Jagex added is probably fucking over the game for you.

Distind

« Reply #1488 on: December 24, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »
What exactly doesn't work? Typically the fuckups are graphical ones... but I kinda fail to see how that could happen with that game.

Saturn500

« Reply #1489 on: December 24, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »
It works fine for me, just so long as I don't try to enter a ranked match.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1490 on: December 24, 2012, 10:52:21 pm »
It won't even load any graphics for me. It just gives me a blank screen and the theme music.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1491 on: December 24, 2012, 11:48:16 pm »
I need to go back through my backlog it seems. I'm rather bad at not completing at least the campaign of most games I have.

That site is great. I created my own account and realized how bad I am about finishing games. (I get distracted by other games.) This encouraged me to finally get the last 4 Achievements in ES: Oblivion. (1 down - I finished the Fighters Guild. 3 to go - all in the Thieves Guild.)

(As an aside, Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2 are listed twice in your Xbox games.)

I have them twice in actuality. I just didn't bother to change one to PC.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #1492 on: December 25, 2012, 06:49:12 pm »
My favourite part of Christmas day is taking noobs to the cleaners in multiplayer. I moved up 6 levels in ACIII tonight.  ;D

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1493 on: December 25, 2012, 07:16:33 pm »
I got the PS3 Assassin's Creed III bundle. Gotta set it up and buy the Mass Effect trilogy for it then I will be set.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #1494 on: December 25, 2012, 08:27:35 pm »
This comment I found pretty much sums up the general consensus among shmup fans regarding Sine Mora

To say that Sine Mora is as well designed and balanced as games from the likes of (for example) Cave is just false. It does a few interesting things but doesn't stand up to the same level of scrutiny. I think it's great that someone has put a shmup as their number one game of the year, I just worry that by over hyping Sine Mora people who play it and are new to the genre will be put off by its flaws and assume that it just isn't for them. I mean, this is supposed to be the best game since Ikaruga, right?

I do agree that it was a huge dissapointment. I'm still not going to remove my reccomendation of Sine Mora from my Steam profile, though (I'm too lazy, and I think my reccomendation was pretty funny). Instead, here are some much better shmups!

Jamestown
Ether Vapor Remaster
Really Big Sky
Gundemonium Recollection
GundeadliGne
Hitogata Happa
Satazius

Also, on the Xbox 360, there's Akai Katana, Raiden IV, Guwange, Radiant Silvergun, and so on. (Oh, yeah, and those four are available for download, the latter two being on XBLA)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:46:31 pm by Saturn500 »

Offline Goosey

• Neonate
  • unacceptable and against morality behavior
« Reply #1495 on: December 26, 2012, 01:24:57 am »

It must be nice to be bad about finishing games. According to my darkadia, I own over 100 games I haven't started :S

On the plus side, I haven't bought very much in the Steam sale yet. But there's still another week and a half.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity, for it doth beget five and ten points in Scrabble, and is more worthy than the eleven and nine points of the other two respectively.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1496 on: December 26, 2012, 07:53:36 am »
I am not used to games taking forever to load.

I thought people were kidding about load times and update times on the PS3. Y'know, just complaining to complain. But holy shit.

&

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1497 on: December 26, 2012, 08:00:26 am »
I haven't had any problems with loading times on PS3.  Installation times, maybe, but once that's over with most games are ready to go within two minutes.

Saturn500

« Reply #1498 on: December 26, 2012, 08:35:55 am »
I haven't had any problems with loading times on PS3.  Installation times, maybe, but once that's over with most games are ready to go within two minutes.

Distind

« Reply #1499 on: December 26, 2012, 08:37:49 am »
Which games? Some are bigger offenders than others. The newer Yakuza games do a fair job of integrating the loading into the scene, while there's other shit that doesn't really manage.