Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511596 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1545 on: January 07, 2013, 07:41:18 pm »
I miss playing Mass Effect. I'm in the hospital. And I miss it.

I need to beat Saren, dammit. How can I do that in the hospital?

...Wait. I have it on my PC. *choking sob* But then I'd have to redo everything on my PC.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Saturn500

« Reply #1546 on: January 08, 2013, 04:58:14 pm »

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #1547 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:56 pm »
holyshita3dpokemongame

With that Dragon Quest VII and Monster Hunter it doesn't look good for vita.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1548 on: January 08, 2013, 05:38:45 pm »
People said that about PS3, but then their staff got their act together and actually released some decent games.

I'm just wondering if KH3 will come out for the PS3 or the Playstation Quad (calling it, this will be the name, rather than PS4)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Saturn500

« Reply #1549 on: January 08, 2013, 05:40:52 pm »
Yeah,but still, even with Gravity Rush, LBP Vita, and Persona 4 Golden (All three of which I have), there aren't really any other heavy hitters for the Vita...

Yet. Not that it'll help much.

Speaking of the Vita, I'm still waiting for XSEED to get around to localizing the remake of Ys IV.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1550 on: January 08, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »
3d handheld pokemans? I might actually play a pokemon game again.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1551 on: January 08, 2013, 06:13:46 pm »
People said that about PS3, but then their staff got their act together and actually released some decent games.

I'm just wondering if KH3 will come out for the PS3 or the Playstation Quad (calling it, this will be the name, rather than PS4)

PS3's still pretty new. I am pretty sure KH3 will come out for PS3.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1552 on: January 08, 2013, 06:36:29 pm »
So I recently got Far Cry 3 and have been having a blast playing that game.  The stealth takedowns are absolutely epic, the landscape is BEAUTIFUL and uber rich, the npcs aren't brain dead stupid like in some shooters, etc.

The only complaint I have is that for the most part the crafting system is a waste of time.  Point in case- syringes. You can craft syringes that either heal you or do special things like temporarily enhance your senses, make you fire resistant, etc.  The problem is you come across health kits and the herbs to make healing syringes so often that you practically have no need for the other recipes (with the exception maybe of the underwater breathing one) because you easily can have 10 healing syringes and like 30 green herbs on you at any time.  Cross that with the fact that crafting outright pauses the game and it feels like you never need anything else but your bullets and the cash to buy them.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1553 on: January 08, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »
Look what I just found. Original, non-Jagex Ace of Spades that doesn't suck eggy farts. It lives!

I'm very happy right now.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:49:48 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1554 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:43 pm »
holyshita3dpokemongame

I'm conflicted on the starters, only for a completely different reason than normal. This is the first generation where I've had good first impressions from all three starters since Gen I. For Gen II, I didn't (and still don't) like Chikorita, Gen III I only liked (and still only like) Treecko, Gen IV, I initially only liked Turtwig, but even grew to like Piplup more and Gen V had me initially disliking Tepig.

With this, I like all of them, but the Fire type is a fox... that I want to call Mozilla. This would be all well and good if it weren't for the fact that Typhlosion is my favorite Pokemon and I haven't gone without one in my party since Diamond.
Who needs a signature?

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1555 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:25 pm »

KH3 won't be out for PS3. The main team behind Kingdom Hearts has been working on Final Fantasy 13 Versus which has been in development hell for years and wouldn't do any serious work on a numbered title until that was finished. PS3 is getting KH1.5 which is a HD version of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 365/8 Days and that will probably be it.

Saturn500

« Reply #1556 on: January 09, 2013, 07:22:08 pm »
Please include some shmups. Please, oh please include some shmups. I mean, I obviously like way more genres than just shmups, but still...

EDIT: I just remembered the existence of the 194X games, at least one of which is guaranteed to be on there. I was thinking more along the lines of Giga Wing, Vulgus, and so on, but I'll be fine if it's just the 194X series. Though I hope there will be some more shmups, of course.

EDIT 2-ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: While I'm on the subject, since they published it, maybe they can include Progear?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 11:54:41 am by Saturn500 »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #1557 on: January 10, 2013, 05:17:08 am »
I tried Far Cry 3. I really prefer Far Cry 2 due to its grittier content. If FC2 had the fast travel it would have been so much better
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1558 on: January 12, 2013, 08:27:02 am »
I just completed Vice City 100%. It was fucking glorious. I tell you, the final mission in a fucking breeze when you have the minigun.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #1559 on: January 12, 2013, 09:51:08 am »
Just beat Far Cry 3 last night.

(click to show/hide)
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter