Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1510793 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1935 on: March 03, 2013, 11:27:46 pm »
Yeah although for themm they changed to companions.  Shame I shipped them anyways fav supports

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1936 on: March 04, 2013, 01:26:18 pm »
After having one hell of a time finishing both System Shock games I'm now replaying the BioShock games. After them, hopefully gonna get around to the Thief games.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1937 on: March 04, 2013, 02:28:34 pm »
ANy of you guys try this free game called Star Conflict? It's pretty tasty space fighter game.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1938 on: March 04, 2013, 03:23:26 pm »
After having one hell of a time finishing both System Shock games I'm now replaying the BioShock games. After them, hopefully gonna get around to the Thief games.

I remember how the first time I played System Shock 2 (after beating both BioShocks), I was amazed at how similar the two series were. I knew BioShock was a spiritual successor, but I didn't expect to be playing something that reminded me of it so much.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1939 on: March 04, 2013, 04:45:06 pm »
The best thing about the two series is the fucking fantastic audio design, SHODAN is one of the greatest villians precisely for that reason, I get legit uncomfortable hearing her voice. The little announcements given over the speaker systems in both games and the audio logs just add so much.

"Andrew Ryan would like to remind you, are you a man, or a parasite?"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1940 on: March 04, 2013, 05:10:46 pm »
The trailer for the Citadel DLC was released today and the Mass Effect fandom is already hating on the DLC even tho we've only seen a trailer.

I, on the other hand, got to see Jack snuggling with Shepard so I am a happy camper especially because he has one of her tats on him. It's cute.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #1941 on: March 04, 2013, 05:14:24 pm »
The trailer for the Citadel DLC was released today and the Mass Effect fandom is already hating on the DLC even tho we've only seen a trailer.

I, on the other hand, got to see Jack snuggling with Shepard so I am a happy camper especially because he has one of her tats on him. It's cute.
I can count the number of things right with #3 on one hand, not even using the full number of fingers. I doubt they're going to be wrong.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1942 on: March 04, 2013, 05:55:35 pm »
There's no point in hating something you barely know about.

At this point people are just hating to hate.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1943 on: March 04, 2013, 05:57:58 pm »
Bioware lost too much karma with the ending
Frankly they should have let the guy who did the Krogan segments
So Sim City will have small cites

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1944 on: March 04, 2013, 06:03:01 pm »
The new Mass Effect 3 DLC looks cool my favorite part of the trailer is the random masked guy saying "Todays entertainment is brought to you by random acts of violence!"

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1945 on: March 04, 2013, 06:27:50 pm »
I suppose with the happy ending mod it might work  I still wish the ending scene didnt happen fuck it my head canon is that the relays get rebuilt in 5 years
also in the DLC trailer it looks good but who are those guys and please but them in Multiplayer since that the best part of ME3
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:40:28 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1946 on: March 05, 2013, 12:27:11 am »
Bioware has done several good games. Maybe the ending to ME3 was bad, but they seem to be trying to make up for it.

I have never understood how people start hating something because of just one bad thing. For example: My music tastes are quite random and seems like even the bands I love have at least one song I dislike or even hate on each record. Does that mean that I have to hate every song?

Does the ending of ME3 mean that all the previous games they made are also bad because of association?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1947 on: March 05, 2013, 12:36:09 am »
Bioware has done several good games. Maybe the ending to ME3 was bad, but they seem to be trying to make up for it.

I have never understood how people start hating something because of just one bad thing. For example: My music tastes are quite random and seems like even the bands I love have at least one song I dislike or even hate on each record. Does that mean that I have to hate every song?

Does the ending of ME3 mean that all the previous games they made are also bad because of association?

I think part of it is the entitlement issues a lot of gamers have gotten in the last couple years. Case in point: The reaction to Assassin's Creed III. If you listen to the loudest critics, you'd think that ACIII was unplayable. You'd think there was NOTHING good about it. If you listen to someone like me, you'd think it was a good game that was simply not as good as some of the other games in the series (my view on it is ACII > ACB > ACIII > ACR > ACI).
Who needs a signature?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1948 on: March 05, 2013, 01:03:17 am »
I'm just waiting for the Kinect and similar full body motion controls to become a bit older and have more people know how to use them.

The Kinect gets criticized a ton, usually for being "imprecise", but I think it's mostly because it's very new technology. The modern controller has over 20 years of experience to draw on: the PS3 controller has more buttons and analog sticks than an NES controller and doesn't have a wire, but it's fundamentally the exact same thing and works the same. The Kinect has people with what, two years worth of using it at the most? But there's just no patience with many gamers. They try a Kinect game, flail around uselessly, and deride the game or peripheral as "broken" and go on to something else. Meanwhile, people who put a lot of practice in to get good learn how to properly move their body and learn to pay attention to their movements and are able to make Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor work flawlessly.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1949 on: March 05, 2013, 01:10:48 am »
Well, I bought the first Thief game. I'm really in the mood for a good stealth game, so this should keep me happy for a while. It'll be interesting to see if it's really as good as people claim.